• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Help with changing Background Image in ROM

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I am having a bit of trouble trying to change the background image posted below. I just want it Black, not the faded gray to black. I have the tools needed to de-compile and all that. I just need to know what and where the edit needs to be made. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 2012-03-28-06-05-06.jpg
    2012-03-28-06-05-06.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 74

qamrij

Dec 25, 2009
Milano
if im not wrong i think you will find the image named background_holo_dark in the directory res/drawable-nodpi in the framework-res.apk.

For changing that image i think can simply open the apk with 7zip or winrar and go to the directory and extract the image for editing and then reput it in the apk with same program.

Ive never tried but i will try also now so always make a backup before messing with the framework ok. Wait for some expert to talk about it :D

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Yes ive tried it now and i was right. this is the result i think you want
Screenshot_2012-03-28-15-13-01.png

Last edited:
Reactions: cordell12

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
qamrij, that is exactly what I want, and exactly the right place for the image! background_holo_dark in the directory res/drawable-nodpi in the framework-res.apk

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if im not wrong i think you will find the image named background_holo_dark in the directory res/drawable-nodpi in the framework-res.apk.

For changing that image i think can simply open the apk with 7zip or winrar and go to the directory and extract the image for editing and then reput it in the apk with same program.

Ive never tried but i will try also now so always make a backup before messing with the framework ok. Wait for some expert to talk about it :D

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Yes ive tried it now and i was right. this is the result i think you want
    Screenshot_2012-03-28-15-13-01.png
    I am having a bit of trouble trying to change the background image posted below. I just want it Black, not the faded gray to black. I have the tools needed to de-compile and all that. I just need to know what and where the edit needs to be made. Thanks for your help!

if you can't get it, i'll help you out.