Help with Google Family Link parental controls

Search This thread

goister

Jan 4, 2011
Hi, I'm trying to install parental controls on my child's Note 8 and it's not working. Each time I go through the following screens
  1. Android settings - Select "Google"
  2. Google Settings - Select "Parental controls"
  3. Set up parental controls - click "Get started"
  4. Who will be using this device? Select "Child or teenager"
  5. Next steps - Click "Next"
On the Note 8, it just hangs there with the progress spinner, and after a while, it shows "Something went wrong" and tells me to try again later. I also tested on a spare S6, and after step 5 it just goes back to step 2 after 1-2s. Finally, I also tested on a newer device (Samsung A12) and it's able to proceed to the next page, which is to select the child's Google account.

Both the Note 8 and S6 are running the latest firmware and have all apps updated to the latest versions. Any ideas what is wrong?

Reactions: cyanGalaxy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I'm trying to install parental controls on my child's Note 8 and it's not working. Each time I go through the following screens
    1. Android settings - Select "Google"
    2. Google Settings - Select "Parental controls"
    3. Set up parental controls - click "Get started"
    4. Who will be using this device? Select "Child or teenager"
    5. Next steps - Click "Next"
    On the Note 8, it just hangs there with the progress spinner, and after a while, it shows "Something went wrong" and tells me to try again later. I also tested on a spare S6, and after step 5 it just goes back to step 2 after 1-2s. Finally, I also tested on a newer device (Samsung A12) and it's able to proceed to the next page, which is to select the child's Google account.

Both the Note 8 and S6 are running the latest firmware and have all apps updated to the latest versions. Any ideas what is wrong?