Question Help with Mi 11X bought in India

Search This thread

VJ_1985

May 12, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi All,

New to the forum. A Hi to everyone.

I have bought an Mi 11X in India in very first sale and after setting it up realised it doesn't have Miui dialer and messaging app and instead has Google Dialer and messaging app. Google dialer doesn't save call records beyond 30 days and also doesn't have native call recording option without warning about call getting recorded and I am unable to move messages from my previous Redmi 8 device to this device bcoz of no Miui Messaging app in Mi 11x.

Can someone please suggest how to get Miui Dialer and messaging on my Indian Mi 11x handset. And also let me know how do I unlock bootloader as Miui global forum is blocked in India foe access. Cant access the forum and hence cant place request for bootloader unlock. Please help me. Thanking in advance.

ineedroot69

Nov 13, 2019
you can record call with Google Dialer or Google Contacts whatever you call that app there's a Magisk module for it just get rooted via Magisk

VJ_1985

May 12, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Xiaomi Poco F3
you can record call with Google Dialer or Google Contacts whatever you call that app there's a Magisk module for it just get rooted via Magisk
Its not just about call recording facility. Miui Dialer is more feature rich than google dialer. Like unlimited call history vs 30 days call history. Messaging app is also very user friendly of Miui. I just want a way to get Miui Dialer n Messaging app on my Mi 11x. Either by some apk install or via some other ROM flashing.

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
Hi All,

I have bought an Mi 11X in India in very first sale and after setting it up realised it doesn't have Miui dialer and messaging app and instead has Google Dialer and messaging app. Google dialer doesn't save call records beyond 30 days and also doesn't have native call recording option without warning about call getting recorded and I am unable to move messages from my previous Redmi 8 device to this device bcoz of no Miui Messaging app in Mi 11x.

Can someone please suggest how to get Miui Dialer and messaging on my Indian Mi 11x handset. And also let me know how do I unlock bootloader as Miui global forum is blocked in India foe access. Cant access the forum and hence cant place request for bootloader unlock. Please help me. Thanking in advance.
Solution is to move to XIAOMI EU ROM. Weekly and stable both have MI dialer installed.

Reactions: VJ_1985

atifrawn

Oct 7, 2010
Its not just about call recording facility. Miui Dialer is more feature rich than google dialer. Like unlimited call history vs 30 days call history. Messaging app is also very user friendly of Miui. I just want a way to get Miui Dialer n Messaging app on my Mi 11x. Either by some apk install or via some other ROM flashing.
U can flash k40 chines fastboot rom detials check my answer in questio f3 rom

VJ_1985

May 12, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Xiaomi Poco F3
Solution is to move to XIAOMI EU ROM. Weekly and stable both have MI dialer installed.

I have been using EU ROMs for many years. It will have Xiaomi dialer and messaging apps. In fact, I am also looking for the same solution for my Mi11x Indian variant.

Unlock bootloader and flash xiaomi.eu stable miui 12.5
Thank you All. One last question. If I flash EU ROM, will I get updates automatically or need to manually download update package and update through recovery??

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
Thank you All. One last question. If I flash EU ROM, will I get updates automatically or need to manually download update package and update through recovery??
You get OTA for both EU rom, weekly and stable, but because a working recovery to handle that is not yet available we still have to do it manualy via fastboot.
Accept it for some time or stand by.

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
So to manually update the next update, do I have to repeat the process of unlocking Bootloader and flash the update file? Wouldn't it erase my data??
Everything is automatic once you first installed EU rom.
Bootloader stays unlocked until you relock it with MIFLASH rom.
Your data are going to be erased by force because you need to format data at first install and only here. Make them backed up.

VJ_1985

May 12, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have successfully unlocked my device and have downloaded Miui 12.5 HMK40 ROM from xiaomi.eu forum and setup phone in fastboot mode and extracted the fastboot miui 12.5 ROM and ran the file "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data-format".
The command prompt windows launched and I entered Y to proceed installation of ROM. Its been more than 30 minutes and I am stuck at "sending sparse super 4/7 (775048kb)"

Please someone help.

VJ_1985

May 12, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have successfully unlocked my device and have downloaded Miui 12.5 HMK40 ROM from xiaomi.eu forum and setup phone in fastboot mode and extracted the fastboot miui 12.5 ROM and ran the file "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data-format".
The command prompt windows launched and I entered Y to proceed installation of ROM. Its been more than 30 minutes and I am stuck at "sending sparse super 4/7 (775048kb)"

Please someone help.
I closed the command prompt window by clicking "X" on top right corner and again started the process by running the file "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data-format" and now I am stuck at "sending sparse super 1/7" which earlier took only 50 seconds and now taking ages.

VJ_1985

May 12, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Xiaomi Poco F3
Faced errors multiple times but after trying to flash three to four times and changing USB port, I was successful in installing the ROM. Thank you to the community for help and for encouraging to try installing the ROM.

VJ_1985

May 12, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Xiaomi Poco F3
My last genuine query, sorry if I have been too curious about things. I have successfully installed EU ROM. Now

1) Can I lock the bootloader again and whenever there is an update just flash it without the need to unlock bootloader again??

2) Say a Recover ROM gets released in near future, do I have to again flash it a New?? I mean complete format? Or can I just upgrade to it without loosing data and without full format??

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
Faced errors multiple times but after trying to flash three to four times and changing USB port, I was successful in installing the ROM. Thank you to the community for help and for encouraging to try installing the ROM.
You have better to boot latest TWRP and install EU zip with it.
Just check the digest file in the rom zip if it take care not to reject aliothin (your phone).
That's what I did on F3 .
Great rom for my today use.
EDIT: You can NOT lock your bootloader under EU rom, you need to flash an official fastboot rom via MIFLASH.
Take care to flash the same region rom as your phone was first.
But, Stay unlocked that's better if you can.

Last edited:

Alin45

Oct 7, 2020
Bucharest
My last genuine query, sorry if I have been too curious about things. I have successfully installed EU ROM. Now

1) Can I lock the bootloader again and whenever there is an update just flash it without the need to unlock bootloader again??

2) Say a Recover ROM gets released in near future, do I have to again flash it a New?? I mean complete format? Or can I just upgrade to it without loosing data and without full format??
U can lock ur bootloader only if u have the original ROM region the phone was build for (EEA, MI, IN, ID etc). So, never lock bootloader if u had Indian stock ROM and u flashed EEA or other region build.....most probably ur phone will get hard bricked. Also, never lock bottloader if u flashed any custom ROM (xiaomi.eu, CrDroid, Arrow etc)....not sure if this is even possible, but still :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im not sure if this helps but maybe you could try installing them from apk mirror, hope the apps work tho.

Hi All,

Flash china rom on global rom
    Solution is to move to XIAOMI EU ROM. Weekly and stable both have MI dialer installed

Yes