Help with my cubot a890 4g rom!

Search This thread

PAPPAFRITAS

May 3, 2013
Hi everybody!
I tried to flash my cubot a890 4g with lates 8g firmware,so now is bricked.
Can Anyone to upload a backup or specific firmware for 4g rom version?

muratzilla

Apr 13, 2013
Can you provide 8Gb rom link to us?

You can try to download & flash 4Gb factory default rom here

blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/04/19/cubot-a890-latest-firmware-released/

PAPPAFRITAS

May 3, 2013
That´s the one that I tried.I thought it was 8 gb version firmware,but they told me that is for 4 gb version.
The problem is mine is 02.04.13 version and i tried to flash it with 14.03.13 version.Now is bricked.
So i need 02.04.13 version or later or even a backup ......

PAPPAFRITAS

May 3, 2013
ctsgenl ankle

"Hornet says:

May 4, 2013 at 2:32 pm

hi javier, this update is for 4gb version. if you updated version 02.04.13 with 14.03.13 your phone could be bricked. maybe wait for an new update"

5waynav

Dec 4, 2007
Here, take a backup of my Android 4.2.1_Cubot_M6588_20130402_CWM_bacup 4GB ROM

Sorry to interject, but ZaYAC-ua how did you load ClockWorkMod on your Cubot (M6589?) ?. At least I'm guessing you did indicated by the CWM backup part in the above filename. I've been looking for instructions but couldn't find any. I just got my Cubot M6589 today.

ZaYAC-ua

Jan 21, 2010
Dneprodzerzhinsk
Sorry to interject, but ZaYAC-ua how did you load ClockWorkMod on your Cubot (M6589?) ?. At least I'm guessing you did indicated by the CWM backup part in the above filename. I've been looking for instructions but couldn't find any. I just got my Cubot M6589 today.

See this topic under the cap spoiler.
Use translate.google.com for translation, if needed.

5waynav

Dec 4, 2007
Thanks ZaYAC-ua. I finally got the flash tool working after a while, but unfortunately the recovery files don't seem to work properly for my phone. Now if I try to boot to recovery the screen just goes pink and then the phone reboots as normal. I'm downloading your rom backup now, but you wouldn't happen to have a copy of the stock recovery.img would you? I didn't take a backup first, because I didn't figure out how. :(

5waynav

Dec 4, 2007
That´s the one that I tried.I thought it was 8 gb version firmware,but they told me that is for 4 gb version.
The problem is mine is 02.04.13 version and i tried to flash it with 14.03.13 version.Now is bricked.
So i need 02.04.13 version or later or even a backup ......

PAPPAFRITAS did you magange to restore your phone???

If not the 02.04.13 firmware is online. I won't post a direct link, since I think the site is a small personal webserver, but google "A890-20130402_e2001_v89_ad1.rar" and you will find it in the last link (index of c). Password is geekbuying.com. This is someones mirror of the dropbox download which has been taken down. I have just last night unbricked my own phone with this firmware.

PAPPAFRITAS

May 3, 2013

If not the 02.04.13 firmware is online. I won't post a direct link, since I think the site is a small personal webserver, but google "A890-20130402_e2001_v89_ad1.rar" and you will find it in the last link (index of c). Password is geekbuying.com. This is someones mirror of the dropbox download which has been taken down. I have just last night unbricked my own phone with this firmware.

Everything working fine now!!!
Thanks a lot.

muratzilla

Apr 13, 2013

I guess thats my personal dedicated server you are talking about lol. I downloaded this file from geekbuying blog for keeping a copy.

5waynav

Dec 4, 2007
I guess thats my personal dedicated server you are talking about lol. I downloaded this file from geekbuying blog for keeping a copy.

Ah, well then I am very grateful that you kept a copy of that rom, as the dropbox links from geekbuying have been deactivated. Your copy got me out of a real bind when I bricked my phone. Sorry that I made mention of your personal server on an open forum. I hope I haven't caused you any problems due to the extra bandwidth. PM me if you want me to pull the above posts so you don't get any more traffic.

mailis

Apr 8, 2010
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Last week Cubot published a new ROM in their Dropbox. Just go to www.cubot.net -> service and download the file for A6589/M6589 for the download location.

Quite stable and fast. I did use SP_Flash_Tool though instead of the attached flash tool. The ROM is using the Touchwiz launcher, hopefully they will update this in a future release.

Kanickel

Jun 22, 2007
fm receiver problems

i have problems with fm receiver after adding my two sim cards with the latest firmware. Do others have this problem too? the fm receiver crashes now.

liobr

Aug 30, 2010
Thanks ZaYAC-ua. I finally got the flash tool working after a while, but unfortunately the recovery files don't seem to work properly for my phone. Now if I try to boot to recovery the screen just goes pink and then the phone reboots as normal. I'm downloading your rom backup now, but you wouldn't happen to have a copy of the stock recovery.img would you? I didn't take a backup first, because I didn't figure out how. :(

Hi,

I'm having this same problem with my CUBOT M6589 (brand new). The phone boots ok, and after some minutes the screen becomes pink and reboots. May you post how you have solved this?

I've already applied the latest "new firmware" that's on cubot's website.