Help with network unlock

Search This thread

bbenjaminfan85

Feb 8, 2016
Hello, it's been quite a while since I posted in here, but I'm hoping to pick the experts' brains on this one. So I purchased a Galaxy S20 FE 5G from digicircle.com that was supposed to already be unlocked and ready to use on any carrier. I mentioned the source website in the interest of being thorough, not as advertising. I want to cover all bases to get the best possible answer for my issue. This phone is a Verizon phone. According to my carrier, Boost, Verizon phones that are unlocked are supposed to be compatible with their network. However, when I entered the IMEI on their website, there is an error. If anyone is interested in what the error is, I can post it in a comment reply upon request. I called Boost, and customer service said the phone may not be unlocked. So I contacted Verizon, who refuses to give me any information regarding whether the phone is locked or not, and even mentioned the phone may be blacklisted, which it is not, as I have ran the IMEI on a couple checker websites, and even contacted Samsung and had them run it, and in all cases it came back clean. So I went through a third party site, rapidnlock.com to obtain an unlock code, since I wasn't getting anywhere. Again, all in the interest of being thorough with the information. So the problem I'm having is I can't get the prompt for entering the code to come up. It's supposed to automatically pop up when I start the phone with my Boost SIM inserted, but nothing happens. I also tried using the USSD code for the prompt, and it tells me that there is either a connection error or the code is invalid. And this message pops up even if I enter the IMEI code. So I'm at a loss for what to do here. I hope someone has the answer. If it comes down to it, I will return the phone and get my money back, as I have found this phone on ebay similarly priced, though unlocked from T-Mobile, which now is merged with Sprint and should definitely be compatible with Boost, if it is a compatibility issue and Boost's customer service is a bunch of idiots (which at this point wouldn't surprise me). Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy post, and I look forward to your answers.

bbenjaminfan85

Feb 8, 2016
Screenshot_20220810-155641.png