Help with root. Caterpillar S48c

Search This thread

chozycorleon

Dec 4, 2012
Kitwe
TWRP hacked together for s48c

Well I have TWRP up and running on the s48c. No its not built from source, but hey it works. All mounts are working, you can flash images and zips, backup and restore... You do NOT want to flash this to a boot slot. If your BL is unlocked, just fastboot boot twrp.s48c.img.

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

[/COLOR]h t tp s://drive.google.com/file/d/1smBoEiAsfAUNGIeP8lXAeha5RIEpNuMW/view?usp=sharing
so when i boot to the twrp recovery you provided.. now of the storage mounts i can back up or flash anything. what should i do?

UPDATE. just do as below if you face that error.

> You can choose to Factory reset, Format data or Advanced wipe > tick /data. Either way, it's going to wipe EVERYTHING in the internal storage (that's the purpose of device encryption, to prevent unauthorized access to the storage). However, I recommend you choose "FORMAT DATA"

Last edited:

NaraxFPS

Mar 11, 2022
Sorry for the wait, I was phoneless for a while so I did not get notifications of this thread, but here it is finally, I no longer have the same phone but these images I used back when I had that phone, at the moment I am using a CAT S62, anyways here are the images for the S48C. (you can flash them with fastboot) [If you could leave a good reaction on my profile I would really appreciate it since this account is new]

Attachments

• Extract This File For The Images.rar
    1.3 GB · Views: 88
Reactions: Xombiex

NoPagaZ

May 21, 2022
Sorry for the wait, I was phoneless for a while so I did not get notifications of this thread, but here it is finally, I no longer have the same phone but these images I used back when I had that phone, at the moment I am using a CAT S62, anyways here are the images for the S48C. (you can flash them with fastboot) [If you could leave a good reaction on my profile I would really appreciate it since this account is new]
Thank's , my s48c was dead but now after flash the 3 files it is alive AGAIN

NoPagaZ

May 21, 2022
I have a query for you, NaraxFPS my phone before bricking it was network free, now after flashing these images it is still network free
If it had been blocked, would you release it with these images or not? or one of the other partitions on my phone stores the unlock, or the IMEI.

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    but wich process do you do? i mount twrp, format data to get storage, do a backup, restart and phone start encripted and backup gone
    While in Twrp after you make the backup don't restart the phone open totalcmm on your pc and click on adb in tccm then browse through to the location of your backup and save it to the location of your choice on pc via drag and drop. Google Drive Link to totalcommand
    It is 6GB but as I have said before my internet is extremely slow.
    Hey, I've had this phone for 6 months and have been searching feverishly for a way to get magisk functioning on it. I run magisk on my tab and watch and it works well. There are no custom recoveries available not can I find or extract a stock boot image. I've already returned one phone to Cat bricked from my tinkering. Please help
    I guess you'll have to build twrp for the s48c? I just got it, I've never built it before but I might give it a try in the next week or two
    I have bootloader unlocked.. adds an annoying startup screen. I will start building a TWRP recovery tomorrow... I need a copy of boot.img, kinda impossible without root afaik. But I will build it and hope for the best.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Maybe someone has some skill on the phone and could get caterpillar to give us a copy of boot.img. that would help immensely. I will only get 1 shot to get it correct otherwise, brick.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

In other words the quicker we can acquire that file the quicker I can get it rooted with custom recovery.
    but wich process do you do? i mount twrp, format data to get storage, do a backup, restart and phone start encripted and backup gone
    While in Twrp after you make the backup don't restart the phone open totalcmm on your pc and click on adb in tccm then browse through to the location of your backup and save it to the location of your choice on pc via drag and drop. Google Drive Link to totalcommand