• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Help with Samsung Galaxy J2 Core

Search This thread

Rock Cool

Nov 23, 2018
Hi.. I am using a Samsung Galaxy J2 core device running Oreo 8.1 (Andoid GO edition)

I just recently rooted my device using Magisk v17.1. Im new to rooting devices.

I want to install some custom ROM or possibly a custom recovery but cant find any that is compatible with this device.

My device runs with 1GB RAM and a 1.4Ghz processor but works like a turtle when it comes to running heavy apps.

Thought some modifications can make it better and faster. Thank you

Reactions: EsperanzaHz

EsperanzaHz

Sep 12, 2017
Niterói
Hi.. I am using a Samsung Galaxy J2 core device running Oreo 8.1 (Andoid GO edition)

I want to install some custom ROM or possibly a custom recovery but cant find any that is compatible with this device.

My device runs with 1GB RAM and a 1.4Ghz processor but works like a turtle when it comes to running heavy apps.

Hi! Did you find a custom ROM for it? I just got this device today, and was hoping for a custom ROM also. Is there a telegram or discord group for the j2 core? i can only find for the J2 prime.

esparkinfo

May 30, 2019
Ahmedabad
www.esparkinfo.com

Hello @Rock Cool!
If you want to install custom ROM, then you can follow this video >>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GevfRt0nf4E.
Further information is given in the video description with the apk link.
By this procedure, you can upgrade your phone from Android 8.1 oreo to pie 9.0, but you won't be able to extend RAM. If you want to run heavy apps, it won't work due to low RAM.

jv.saless

May 9, 2019
Hi! As far as i have searched there is no TWRP for the J260. Or did you find one compatible? Did you fix it?

I did not find any compatible, I mistakenly installed a twrp from another device, in that the device is only restarting on the screen of SAMSUNG, which appears written SAMSUNG GALAXY J2 CORE POWERED BY ANDROID GO EDITION
He stays on it for two seconds then restarts

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Hi! As far as i have searched there is no TWRP for the J260. Or did you find one compatible? Did you fix it?

Call me on Whatsapp
my number is +55 31 995025604
I am brazilian

Graziela Queiróz

Mar 30, 2020
help J2 CORE SM-J260M

Hi, I have a J2 CORE model SM-J260M / DS
with android (GO) his year is 2018

and i really wanted a custom rom on the android pie, but i can't find it .. could someone help me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.