• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Help with sm-a205yn

Search This thread
Mar 30, 2018
Hi, good afternoon, I have an SM-A205YN imported from vodafone and I want to unlock it for use in my country so I want to use a SM-A205G rom, I'm trying to flash a SM-A205G rom by odin3 v3.14.4 and I'm getting the following error: re-partition operation failed I'm on Windows 10, AMD c 60 processor with 8gb ram I've tried flashing with the "re-partition" box checked and also with the "re-partition" box unchecked, if anyone can help me I'll be forever grateful

Hi, good afternoon, I have an SM-A205YN imported from vodafone and I want to unlock it for use in my country so I want to use a SM-A205G rom, I'm trying to flash a SM-A205G rom by odin3 v3.14.4 and I'm getting the following error: re-partition operation failed I'm on Windows 10, AMD c 60 processor with 8gb ram I've tried flashing with the "re-partition" box checked and also with the "re-partition" box unchecked, if anyone can help me I'll be forever grateful

First, before using Odin and doing other stuff, including flashing, you should unlock the bootloader. Have you followed any guide to do so, but it did not work?

The first steps are to click build number 10 times, open developer options, select OEM unlock and USB debugging, restart the phone and go to recovery mode and see if you have a bootloader unlock option...

If this does not work, you can try using the Magisk app. For this: download the app, download the firmware for you phone on the pc (which will be a .zip file), extract boot.img from it, copy that on the phone, use that file in Magisk and let the app patch it and flash with Odin (AP) the resulting patched Magisk file.

But in order to receive any help, you need to tell us exactly what step did not work for you...

By the way, unlocking the bootloader erases all data on the phone, so do a back-up beforehand.

Mar 30, 2018
Hi, my bootloader is already unlocked and USB debugging is enabled,I try to flash the system through odin3 but I get this error:
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> Total Binary size: 5605 M
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

No, do not flash the custom rom using Odin. Flash with Odin only the TWRP (TeamWin Custom Recovery Project) on the AP. If I am not mistake, there is an official version for A20. If not, there is certainly an unofficial version. TWRP is device specific. Do not install TWRP for another device or you risk bricking your device.

After flashing TWRP, go to recovery (TWRP) and see if you can see the custom recovery file before installing anything. Also, having the device connected by usb to a pc running windows and having all samsung drivers installed, you should see on your pc the contents of your phone.

Only then, wipe dalvik, cache, data and system (=also called clean flash).

If you see a bunch of encripted folders and files in TWRP, you need to first format data, then wipe, than move the custom recovery file from pc to phone, find it in twrp and flash.

Then restart to system.

If anything happends wrong, you should have on your pc the stock rom firmaware for your specific phone. Go to bootloader and flash it with Odin to save your phone.