Help with twrp

Search This thread

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Hello guys! I installed twrp but it doesnt allow me to decrypt data so i cant flash anything. Any solutions??
Thanks in advance!!!
What is your ROM and which TWRP do you use?

Use the official TWRP.me twrp-3.6.0_9-0-davinci.img and it will work with up to MIUI 12.5, A11, supporting Data encryption

For A12, there is no TWRP yet supporting its Data encryption. You could use OTG stick - e.g., put the zip file you want to flash to OTG

ionakos

Jan 25, 2022
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Use the official TWRP.me twrp-3.6.0_9-0-davinci.img and it will work with up to MIUI 12.5, A11, supporting Data encryption

For A12, there is no TWRP yet supporting its Data encryption. You could use OTG stick - e.g., put the zip file you want to flash to OTG
Iam using 3.6.0 and iam on miui 12.1.4 global and it doesn't even ask for pin to decrypt data. I even tried previous versions of twrp

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I've tried all these things and it still doesn't ask me for encryption password
I'm on Xiaomi.eu Stable 12.5.2, it's better ROM:

gl7

Feb 18, 2009

Hi, need some more info about the OTG to flash, I was on LOS 18.1, upgraded to LOS 19.0, only realized now no TWRP to decrypt A12, you mean we still can flash the system update or zip (magisk) via TWRP with OTG even though it does not decrypt internal data? flash system update or magisk zip via TWRP will goes through? I thought encryption would be whole phone?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Hi, need some more info about the OTG to flash, I was on LOS 18.1, upgraded to LOS 19.0, only realized now no TWRP to decrypt A12, you mean we still can flash the system update or zip (magisk) via TWRP with OTG even though it does not decrypt internal data? flash system update or magisk zip via TWRP will goes through? I thought encryption would be whole phone?
It will read from OTG and flash to System or Boot, hence Data and Internal storage are not needed

Nevertheless, I would suggest for Magisk to Patch the boot.img and to flash from Fastboot