Help with update OTA (ELS-N04 c792)

Search This thread

yurij

Jul 11, 2014
Hi, i'm from Mexico months ago i downgraded my telephone, it works and everything but i cannot upgrade it to EMUI11, i dont know if somebody can help me, i heard that i need to install the base firmware to get the updates but how do i know the base firmware or actually i dont know what can i do.
Thank you all.
Regards
My phone info is:
Base Software Version
ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.131
I have the same phone - can you please guide me, how to install GMS onto EMUI 11? Totally stuck with this... :(

skycolt

Sep 19, 2008
Do you have luck with your phone? I have ELS-N04 C792 and tried to downgrade to install google with hisuit-proxy method. I might have used the wrong downgrade files. My phone cannot upgrade to the latest firmware and stuck on 11.0.0.151. I have lost usb connection and fast charging. I have tried to look for a dload file for this model but with no luck yet...

Do you have luck with your phone? I have ELS-N04 C792 and tried to downgrade to install google with hisuit-proxy method. I might have used the wrong downgrade files. My phone cannot upgrade to the latest firmware and stuck on 11.0.0.151. I have lost usb connection and fast charging. I have tried to look for a dload file for this model but with no luck yet...
Shut down your phone, boot to erecovery and search for an update there, sometimes it works

skycolt

Sep 19, 2008
Last hope

I tried this post just now. Still no response on the computer. I would like to try the dload method but seems nowhere to find the els-n04(c792) files. The firmware finder seems to be a dead place now... I wonder if you have any clues on that?

Thanks!
Wenzhe

werohdez

Sep 7, 2021
Hi (Hola para los que hablan español) i have a p40 pro 40 pro model ELS-N04 (C69), i have managed to install GMS for the 4th time in my phone using a combination of 2 methods, downgrading from emui 11 -11.0.0.257 the first thing is to downgrade your phone with HiSuite Proxy (ELS-N04) to this specific firmware:

ELS-N04-CUST 10.1.0.3(C69)​

ELS-N04-PRELOAD 10.1.0.1(C69R3)​

ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.133​

This will take you to Emui 10 so you can install google services but it will not allow to fast charge your phone (make sure to charge it before) and it wont let you connect your phone via USB to your PC or OTG to a Flash drive, so this process is 100% dosnloading the tools from your phone.

So what we will need to do is follow this tutorial:
Tutorial 1

You will follow the first steps , and you will have a problem once you've installed Googlefier and Lzplay, googlefier wont work (Wont install MicroG), so then you go to this other tutorial (in spanish but you dont need to know any):
Tutorial 2

From this tutorial you will download the gms package and will only use the Micro g modified app, once you installed that you continue following the exact steps from Tutorial1. Just follow everything as he does, he recently subtitled the whole tutorial in english.

After you are done installing GMS and theyre working, you need to update your phone (in my case it was 3 times) till you get to firmware version

To the last firmware Version in my case 11.0.0.257 and youll be able to super charge your phone, use the usb c otg and connect it to your pc

Last edited:

werohdez

Sep 7, 2021
Hi (Hola para los que hablan español) i have a p40 pro 40 pro model ELS-N04, i have managed to install GMS for the 4th time in my phone using a combination of 2 methods, downgrading from emui 11 -11.0.0.257 the first thing is to downgrade your phone with HiSuite Proxy (ELS-N04) to this specific firmware:

ELS-N04-CUST 10.1.0.3(C69)​

ELS-N04-PRELOAD 10.1.0.1(C69R3)​

ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.133​

This will take you to Emui 10 so you can install google services but it will not allow to fast charge your phone (make sure to charge it before) and it wont let you connect your phone via USB to your PC or OTG to a Flash drive, so this process is 100% dosnloading the tools from your phone.

So what we will need to do is follow this tutorial:
Tutorial 1

You will follow the first steps , and you will have a problem once you've installed Googlefier and Lzplay, googlefier wont work (Wont install MicroG), so then you go to this other tutorial (in spanish but you dont need to know any):
Tutorial 2

From this tutorial you will download the gms package and will only use the Micro g modified app, once you installed that you continue following the exact steps from Tutorial1. Just follow everything as he does, he recently subtitled the whole tutorial in english.

After you are done installing GMS and theyre working, you need to update your phone (in my case it was 3 times) till you get to firmware version
To the last firmware Version in my case 11.0.0.257 and youll be able to super charge your phone, use the usb c otg and connect it to your pc

flankermig

Sep 28, 2021
I tried this post just now. Still no response on the computer. I would like to try the dload method but seems nowhere to find the els-n04(c792) files. The firmware finder seems to be a dead place now... I wonder if you have any clues on that?

Thanks!
Wenzhe
Hi I had C792 P40 PRO too, I downgrade from 11.0.0.260 to 10 for install GMS, but it lost USB connection and fast charge.
Now the issue fixed.
I follow the post here and download the firmware , extract dload to USB C flash drive or NM card.
The firmware worked for C792
It will flash to 11.0.0.230 - USB connect works, fast charge work.
1. Downgrade to 10.1.0.28 via Hisuite proxy , you may find the firmware here
2. Downgrade to 10.1.0.28 successfully - USB connection failed, Fastcharge - Good. OTA- Good
3. Start to install GMS , turional is here (Chinese speaking with ENGLISH CC.
4. After GMS install successfully, check here to had GMS push notifaction fixed.
5. After fixed , my skype can received message but Google Location failed. I use GSPACE to have Google maps working.
6. Start to OTA to 11.0.151 , after update 11.0.151 - USB Connection failed and Fast charge - work
7. OTA again to 11.0.262. Now USB connection and Fast charge all works.
8. Now I had GMS and Push Notifaction works.
Hope this can help you.
ELS-LGPR4-OVS.jpg

Gonchalo81

May 16, 2022
Hello Everyone, I own a P40 Pro ELS-N04 (C792E4R3P3) and I am stucked in EMUI 11 (11.0.0.261). I haven´t received the update to EMUI 12 yet. Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks

Gonchalo81

May 16, 2022
Hello so back in December i decided to take the risk go to Huawei with the P40 pro as my new phone and i loved it ever since up until i notice that when i installed GMS i didn't had updates. So then i watched videos after videos trying different things in order to fix it but kept failing. And now since the recent situation about firmware finder i think I'm stuck. If possible can someone help me?
Hello, were you able to update your phone? If so how did you do that? Last year I bought a P40 Pro (ELS-N04 / C792E4R3P3) from the USA and brought it to my country Perú. After installing the GMS while on EMUI 10 I received all the updates as of now that my phone is stucked in EMUI 11 (11.0.0.271). I haven´t been able to update to EMUI 12. Thanks!

Hello, were you able to update your phone? If so how did you do that? Last year I bought a P40 Pro (ELS-N04 / C792E4R3P3) from the USA and brought it to my country Perú. After installing the GMS while on EMUI 10 I received all the updates as of now that my phone is stucked in EMUI 11 (11.0.0.271). I haven´t been able to update to EMUI 12. Thanks!
Hi, it's been a while and I have been having the same issue and I've not been able to get gms back to my p40 pro, and also I have not received the update still too. Just letting you know I have the same issue and for that I have switched away from the p40 pro to the pixel 6.

Reactions: Gonchalo81

Gonchalo81

May 16, 2022
Hi, it's been a while and I have been having the same issue and I've not been able to get gms back to my p40 pro, and also I have not received the update still too. Just letting you know I have the same issue and for that I have switched away from the p40 pro to the pixel 6.
Oh, thanks for sharing your experience. I´ve been using the phone 1 year now and I´ve thought about switching to other brand too. Did you try the option of entering to erecovery to search for updates? If so will doing this deletes any of the files and GMS I already have on the phone? Thanks

Gonchalo81

May 16, 2022
Hi I had C792 P40 PRO too, I downgrade from 11.0.0.260 to 10 for install GMS, but it lost USB connection and fast charge.
Now the issue fixed.
I follow the post here and download the firmware , extract dload to USB C flash drive or NM card.
The firmware worked for C792
It will flash to 11.0.0.230 - USB connect works, fast charge work.
1. Downgrade to 10.1.0.28 via Hisuite proxy , you may find the firmware here
2. Downgrade to 10.1.0.28 successfully - USB connection failed, Fastcharge - Good. OTA- Good
3. Start to install GMS , turional is here (Chinese speaking with ENGLISH CC.
4. After GMS install successfully, check here to had GMS push notifaction fixed.
5. After fixed , my skype can received message but Google Location failed. I use GSPACE to have Google maps working.
6. Start to OTA to 11.0.151 , after update 11.0.151 - USB Connection failed and Fast charge - work
7. OTA again to 11.0.262. Now USB connection and Fast charge all works.
8. Now I had GMS and Push Notifaction works.
Hope this can help you.
View attachment 5556447
Hello, which version of EMUI is your phone currently in? Have you received the updates?

Gonchalo81

May 16, 2022
Last hope

Hello Professor, do you know if there´s a chance of updating a P40 Pro ELS-N04 / C792E4R3P3 since I´m still running EMUI 11 (11.0.0.272). Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, i'm from Mexico months ago i downgraded my telephone, it works and everything but i cannot upgrade it to EMUI11, i dont know if somebody can help me, i heard that i need to install the base firmware to get the updates but how do i know the base firmware or actually i dont know what can i do.
    Thank you all.
    Regards
    My phone info is:
    Base Software Version
    ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.131
    Hello so back in December i decided to take the risk go to Huawei with the P40 pro as my new phone and i loved it ever since up until i notice that when i installed GMS i didn't had updates. So then i watched videos after videos trying different things in order to fix it but kept failing. And now since the recent situation about firmware finder i think I'm stuck. If possible can someone help me?
    Hey Smokey, want to thank you for forwarding me to IProffesors firmware finder. I tried it 3 times and actually had it upgrade but failed on installation. I gave up but ended up messaging him to see if he could help. He told me to try a few things I haven't heard and the next attempt it worked man! He's a genius and now my new god, so thank you for pointing me to his work, saved my phone from the garbage.
    It's my pleasure! And I've been searching for 2 months for help on Canadian p40 pro ota and this became possible and now everyone can be happy! Everyone should praise him hehe!
    You will not lose anything.