[Help] XT1965-3 (Moto G7 Plus (Lake)-Unlocked) unable to flash Recovery or Bootloader

Search This thread

monolithcog

Dec 29, 2010
G'day folks,

I've been reading through the forums the past several days to fix an issue I have with my Moto G7 Plus.

I have successfully unlocked bootloader, have had various Roms installed and have also had OrangeFox Recovery.
What I forgot to do was flash 'copy-partions' before installing Roms. Have flashed this file now, but i think this is too late.

Current working OS: LineageOS 18.1
Recovery: Lineage 18.1

All I am needing to do is change to TWRP recovery and install Magisk. However, I am unable to flash BL or recovery. The process just hangs with 'sending.....' [twrp-xxxx.lake.img]

I have tried using 'Rescue and Smart Assistant' which successfully downloads the match firmware 'LAKE_QPWS30.61_21_18_7_subsidy_DEFAULT-regulatory_XT195-3_JANZ-CFC.xml.zip'
however fails and throws and error: Fastboot Flash Single Partition.

I have tried using the 'Latest ADB Launcher' and trying various commands. It seems that the A/B partitioning system is not properly working.
When I load into Lineage Recovery it reports that Slot A is active.

Just to reiterate, the phone is booting into LinageOS 18.1, everything seems to be working, just not able to flash TWRP so i can then root the phone with Magisk.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 2021-12-04_11-36-50.jpg
    2021-12-04_11-36-50.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 2021-12-04_11-42-56.jpg
    2021-12-04_11-42-56.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 38
  • 2021-12-04_12-09-39.jpg
    2021-12-04_12-09-39.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 38

MozzerW

Jul 7, 2011
Malmesbury
I had a similar issue when trying to flash using fastboot on a machine with USB 3 ports, I had to find a old machine with USB2.

Then on the USB2 machine I couldn't boot recovery after flashing the linageos recovery or twrp recovery, but I was able to boot twrp using 'fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-lake.img' and then I was able to sideload from there.

monolithcog

Dec 29, 2010
I had a similar issue when trying to flash using fastboot on a machine with USB 3 ports, I had to find a old machine with USB2.

Then on the USB2 machine I couldn't boot recovery after flashing the linageos recovery or twrp recovery, but I was able to boot twrp using 'fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-lake.img' and then I was able to sideload from there.

Hi, I've tried USB 2 ports, still yield same result.

Phone screen while in BL mode
'Flashing_unlocked'
Transfer Mode: USB Connected

Have tried multiple twrp.*.img files, but still no success.

I think there is an issue with Slot A/B because I didn't flash the copy-partitions.zip.

From all the posts I have read, people have bricked their phone and recovered it using various methods, but my phone is not bricked, just will not allow flashing of BL and Recovery. It is messed up. :)

Thank you.

refes

Oct 5, 2012
SOLUTION: connect the phone using a USB hub

I try like @WhiskyDrink said :
When plugin the G7 Plus, MTP and ADB working, but fastboot “Sending 'boot.img'” dont worked at all...
The HUB worked for me

Regards