[help][ZTE Nubia Z7 Max] wiped modemst2 partition

Search This thread

esjay

Jun 6, 2007
Hi guys,

My device is a ZTE Nubia Z7 Max.

I was repartitioning the userdata partition on my device with parted in the adb shell. By accident i deleted my 11th partition, the modemst2 partition.
The consequence seems to be that my sensors don't function anymore. (brightness, orientation, proximity,...)
:rolleyes:

I see multiple solutions to fix it but i need the right sources :

- flash a backup of somebody elses modemst2 partition with adb.
Does anybody want to make a backup for me?
How to backup?
ADB shell
ddif=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modemst2 of=/sdcard/modemst2.img

- or flash a rom with toolstudio/qpst that contains the modemst2 partition?
But I searched the whole internet and couldn't find one. I do know they for example exist for a oneplus one.

And maybe somebody knows another solution ?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

gagas1

Jan 22, 2011
Hi. Have you still got the nubia z7 max. I have a problem. I think there is something wrong with my partitions. I was installing custom roms and suddenly i lost mobile network. I flashed back to stock 3.22 rom. No luck. Sim present but when i try to connect to a network it fails. I'm in Europe.
Let me know if you can help. Thanks

pchatzop

Oct 16, 2015
Use this file with nubia emergency tool(you can find it in needrom). As for fixing your original values, maybe qpst or efs professional could do it.

Attachments

• 201604141516_IMEI863784025289971.zip
    46.8 KB · Views: 563

sghir ziane

Oct 29, 2016
Berrechid
you have just saved my life after 6 days of pain. you are my hero. thank you so much

Use this file with nubia emergency tool(you can find it in needrom). As for fixing your original values, maybe qpst or efs professional could do it.
:laugh:
i have the ZTE Nubia Z7 Max and after almost a week of trouble you saved my life .thank you i love you.i have learned my lesson .always make a backup ,never forget . cheears :good::good::good::good:

pchatzop

Oct 16, 2015
Try getting your original IMEI in there as well! There are guides, it mostly involves getting a backup qcn file with qpst and hexediting your original values in place of the ones in the file.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone