• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Help!

Search This thread

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Hello everybody. I need some help. I actually tried posting my problem in a thread which was labelled noob-friendly problems solved, something like that. But I didn't get any support from there. No replies, nothing. Its been 2 days. So I made a decision to post this as a new topic. I'm sorry but it is a little serious. So here is the problem-

I flashed Color OS on MultiROM, with CM12S as the primary ROM. I have kexec patched AK kernel on my CM12S. Later I got to know that Color OS doesn't work as a secondary ROM, so I swapped my CM12S with Color OS, and everything worked well. I also took a backup of CM12S before swapping. But when I flashed kexec kernel of 4.4.x on Color OS, it didn't boot up, but the other ROMs did(as I was on MultiROM). Then I reflashed Color OS without that kernel. This time Color OS worked but MultiROM didn't as it said that it needs that kernel to boot into other ROMs. As I use CM12S as a daily driver, I decided to make it my primary ROM again. So I swapped Color OS with CM12S and now CM12S became the primary ROM. As Color OS was of no use, I deleted it. Now if I boot my phone, the Color OS boot image appears and there is a delay of about 2 seconds after which a white screen flashes and then the boot animation of CM12S starts. I tried recovering my previously taken backup but the problem persists. Any kind of help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

venky61

Hello everybody. I need some help. I actually tried posting my problem in a thread which was labelled noob-friendly problems solved, something like that. But I didn't get any support from there. No replies, nothing. Its been 2 days. So I made a decision to post this as a new topic. I'm sorry but it is a little serious. So here is the problem-

I flashed Color OS on MultiROM, with CM12S as the primary ROM. I have kexec patched AK kernel on my CM12S. Later I got to know that Color OS doesn't work as a secondary ROM, so I swapped my CM12S with Color OS, and everything worked well. I also took a backup of CM12S before swapping. But when I flashed kexec kernel of 4.4.x on Color OS, it didn't boot up, but the other ROMs did(as I was on MultiROM). Then I reflashed Color OS without that kernel. This time Color OS worked but MultiROM didn't as it said that it needs that kernel to boot into other ROMs. As I use CM12S as a daily driver, I decided to make it my primary ROM again. So I swapped Color OS with CM12S and now CM12S became the primary ROM. As Color OS was of no use, I deleted it. Now if I boot my phone, the Color OS boot image appears and there is a delay of about 2 seconds after which a white screen flashes and then the boot animation of CM12S starts. I tried recovering my previously taken backup but the problem persists. Any kind of help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Just dirty flash the CM12S rom and also the latest firmware. Also wipe cache and dalvik only.
You cannot run a secondary rom with Color OS running on Multi rom. When you want to use secondary rom, you need to flash the patch and boot to secondary and when you want to use color os back again, you need to flash the boot.img (Stock kernel for Color) again and boot into it. You might have messed up in this process of flashing.
Let me know if the problem still persists after flashing stock kernel of CM12S (Dirty Flashing).

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Just dirty flash the CM12S rom and also the latest firmware. Also wipe cache and dalvik only.
You cannot run a secondary rom with Color OS running on Multi rom. When you want to use secondary rom, you need to flash the patch and boot to secondary and when you want to use color os back again, you need to flash the boot.img (Stock kernel for Color) again and boot into it. You might have messed up in this process of flashing.
Let me know if the problem still persists after flashing stock kernel of CM12S (Dirty Flashing).
I have already flashed the CM12.1 Nightly of 02/06 and it is much smoother than CM12. The battery backup has also improved tremendously! And yes, the problem is also solved. Thanks for your help anyway.

Last edited: