Search This thread

CaliBurr

May 14, 2021
I was looking at one of these on Aliexpress and found this thread. @CaliBurr, do you have any updates on how this is unit is working out for you?
I love it man. Super functional no issues. They had to send me an update to be able to login to Google but it worked. Highly recommended. The only other unit I might rather have is the teyes cc3 but it doesn't come with the right frame. You wouls have to buy the unit and the frame seperate.

talisto

Nov 2, 2021
I love it man. Super functional no issues. They had to send me an update to be able to login to Google but it worked. Highly recommended. The only other unit I might rather have is the teyes cc3 but it doesn't come with the right frame. You wouls have to buy the unit and the frame seperate.

Thanks for the info! I'm wondering how the support has been for you.. I asked the seller some questions on AliExpress but their responses didn't make any sense, I'm assuming because they don't speak english and were translated poorly, so that's a concern. How hard was it to get a firmware update from them? How often are they updated, are they providing regular firmware updates somehow?

CaliBurr

May 14, 2021
Sorry just saw this. They stopped responding to my questions after the 100th question. Lol. But they did give me the update that got Google working. I messaged them from a different account today asking if there will be an android 11 update, and if they have any updates regardless. Great unit but since they have virtually no online presence I wouls go teyes cc3 or dasaita if I were to buy again.

CaliBurr

May 14, 2021
@surfer63 If you don't mind, What functionality would I lookse by installing a different firmware on this unit? Firmware upgrade instruction is here:
Are the reverse camera and most things (DSP/eq controls) the same for most these units?
Thank you in advance if you see this and have time to respond.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
@surfer63 If you don't mind, What functionality would I lookse by installing a different firmware on this unit? Firmware upgrade instruction is here:
Are the reverse camera and most things (DSP/eq controls) the same for most these units?
Thank you in advance if you see this and have time to respond.
I have no idea. I don't know this unit.
And with it comes to hardware: Yes, they are almost all the same, but the firmwares are not exchangable between the different types of units, mostly because the MCU firmware is so different.
Mostly these upgrades contain bug fixes (and sometimes bringing new bugs), updates in CANbus software, improvements in wireless Android auto/Carplay (if available).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only units I could find that use that particular CPU (UIS7862) are Joying branded head units. Their units are not MTCD/E. That being said, this thread probably should be moved to Android Head Units as the discussion in that forum are for non MTCx head units.

I will offer you this suggestion regarding the Google login issue, try opening the YouTube app or Google search app and try logging in from one of those. Alternatively locate the Accounts section in the settings and see if you can login to Google from there. That may help with the Google Play launching issue. If you can get GP to launch then you will be able to get Play Services updated and other applicable updates to make the Google apps/ecosystem work.

Once you get Google Play working, I would suggest installing an app like CPU-Z to see what your system consists of.

One more thing, welcome to the XDA community.
    Requested via report to move to Android Head units forum.
    Requested via report to move to Android Head units forum.
    Already done same before. Thank you.