HERALD.ASerg.WM6.1.WWE

Search This thread

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
how can i remap the keyboard so that when i hit the "alt" button and the "interent explore" key it doesnt bring up file explorer? i downloaded duprades fixes, but that fixes everything nbut that, any ideas?

it's because when he did the keyboard fix he didn't want to spend the money on the licenced version on WM to cook with so it didn't allow him to map the internet explorer key to open PIE.

licensedtoquill

Jan 9, 2006
New York NY
Hey aSerg, we are all looking forward to your new ROM with baited breath but I was wondering what the position is with VoIP please? I installed your newest available ROM in the knowledge that you say you deleted VoIP from the ROM and hey presto, there it still is!!

Are you planning it for the newest release? The one in the present one performs erratically but that hasnt stopped me from trying to use it:

The dialer doesnt seem to work in that when everything is connected up and the VoIP provider is showing on the dialer, the call disconnects immediately I finish dialing the number. And although I am not touching the settings, even when connected WiFi, the selector seems to change at will from available to selected to no service.

Anyway just thought you would like to know, assuming you are still monitoring this thread

Best wishes

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
I just flashed this ROM.. it's really cool, my favorite ROM to date.. I have a quick question.. On the top bar where it shows the time there are two numbers (i.e. 201/2) that are constantly changing. What is this, and how can it be removed?

Thanks.

BohicaBobby

Aug 8, 2008
Changing from Celsius (weather)

How can I change the default temp from celsius to fahrenheit? I just installed the English version of the rom and love it! Thanks a bunch!

Bob C.

BohicaBobby

Aug 8, 2008
Keyboard on Wing symbols different

I have one more question...

I installed the software on my Wing and when I open the slider and use the keyboard I've noticed that some of the symbols that type when I push the keys are different than what the key says. For instance, on the letter "P" there is also a blue question mark that normally types when I hit Alt and P. Since installing this rom, I get a parenthesis instead of a question mark. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Bob C.

BohicaBobby

Aug 8, 2008
Found solution to keyboard problem

I found the fix for the keyboard issue that I was having above (Duprade's Keyboard Fix) and it is working fine now. I still do need to know how to change the temperature from celcius to fahrenheit though. I'm sure it's something that's a no brainer, but I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Please help.

Thanks!

Bob C.

BohicaBobby

Aug 8, 2008
Easy way to find most current version?

Another question....this should be helpful for anyone who is new to this forum:

How can I easily find the most current version of the ROM that I'm wanting to install? (Example: Herald.ASerg.WM6.1.WWE English Version; is there a way to know that I'm downloading the most recent version?)

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
Ever since I've flashed this ROM it's worked great, but it take me 8 minutes to receive a SMS text message, and about the same for one to arrive; with the last ROM I used, SMS texts were instant, receiving and sending.
Anyone else notice this with the ROM?

Also, how can I get an icon of my battery power on the taskbar (at the bottom of the screen)? If not there, the top bar?

Thanks.

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
I downloaded the HTC Home Customizer.. I changed the clock font/color, and now can't get it back to the original "digital yellow" font/color.. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

duprade

Jun 4, 2007
Miami, Florida
www.davidduprat.com
it's because when he did the keyboard fix he didn't want to spend the money on the licenced version on WM to cook with so it didn't allow him to map the internet explorer key to open PIE.

No dumbass. it's because it would be kind of f*** up on my part to make a cab with a registered version of a program. I have the full version of it.. if its just a big deal to you, go buy it.

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
No dumbass. it's because it would be kind of f*** up on my part to make a cab with a registered version of a program. I have the full version of it.. if its just a big deal to you, go buy it.

I'm not looking to make any enemies on this forum.. someone asked why the internet explorer key didn't work after running your fix. I'm not an expert at the inner workings of the Wing or Herald, but I remembered your quote on the thread for the keyboard fix, and tried to answer the person's question..

"PLEASE NOTE:
The only key that isn't mapped correctly, is the Internet Explorer key on the bottom right of the keyboard, and the reason being, that executable launching is only available for the Registered Version of the software, and in order to be able to give this out freely and since I repackaged the CAB, I was unable to map that button with the freeware version of AEK."

Sorry if I misread your note, I was just trying to be helpful.

BTW, thanks for this keyboard fix. I use it on an Aserg ROM and it's really helped.

duprade

Jun 4, 2007
Miami, Florida
www.davidduprat.com
My apologies.
If you BUY AEKMAP, I'll make you a keymap and configure that button correctly.... since one of the limitations of the freeware version, is the inability to keymap launching programs.
I have a full version of the product, but keep in mind that Alexander Eltsyn makes this software and sells it. Even if I packaged a serial number into the software, it wouldn't work on any one else's device.

Personally, I never use that shortcut launch from the keyboard, and since the cab I packaged was using the freeware version of AEKMAP, I just fixed the necessary buttons. But if you want, I can make you a keymap to fix it.

Last edited:

adam79

Oct 5, 2006
Boston
Volume Stuck on High

Hi. No matter where the volume level is for the speaker or in phone setting it stays the same. Is there a way to get back the ability of changing the volume?

Thanks!

atlsvo

Jul 4, 2007
I hadn't install new ROMs for about a year and a few days ago decided to try again. I really liked this one. The phone is much more responsive and quicker now. The tools included and cabs supplied are really helpful. Just want to say big thanks to ASerg! Good job!

Сергей, большое спасибо за работу! Очень удачный ROM для меня. Прекрасная скорость и много полезных программ! Хотел покупать новый коммуникатор, но теперь решил, что попользуюсь этим ещё! Так держать!

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone