Herotab M10 (Gpad GeForce) Information & Rom Development

Search This thread

darkyp

Sep 29, 2012
tun.ko success

A friend just got one of these. Came stock with Android 2.2 and linux kernel 2.6.31-00011-ge4e866b-dirty. Just wanted to share that tun.ko is OK to be compiled and used with OpenVPN. The procedure is fairly straightforward: download IMX51 SDK from freescale (about 600 MB, registration required) than use any (probably?) linux (colinux :) ) distribution to compile it. I used an old debian lenny install. Finally produced some 23kb tun.ko file which is insmod /wo problems.

PS. My first post, great forums!

wolfen13fr

Sep 1, 2011
Marseille
Hi, kikoseis

This two tablets have same CPU architecture - Cortex A8 - but not the same processor : Herotab/gPad is running a Freescale iMX 51x ... So, no ICS until Freescale gives us a ICS SDK. And we don't think it will ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a little bit of a teaser.... :D

Still lots more to be done!

HTPAD_2.3.3.png
    Thank you very much bertus23, you save my PAD it works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all these who have touche screen problem after using "Clean" iMX515 2.2 Froyo build

Use this firmware : hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/452186325/9.7.rar
    Awesome! Did you do any modifications or was it as simple as building the bbg package from scratch?

Most important modification was commenting out the TARGET_KERNEL_2G line from device/fsl/imx5x/BoardConfigCommon.mk, and then making sure to run the following:

Code:
    source ./build/envsetup.sh
    lunch imx51_bbg-eng

I also replaced the 10.2 kernel_imx folder with the kernel_imx from 9.2. It would probably work without this step, but this makes sure that Android is built against the same kernel it will be running on and I would rather be safe than sorry. This required a couple of quick code changes to get it compile right.

For now I've given up on the 2.6.35.3 kernel working from source (so frustrated with not being able to get anything to display). I'm going to focus on getting 2.3.3 running on 2.6.31 first, maybe in the future I'll give a source built kernel a try again.
    Hi all!

we found HT_PAD1051_V2.3U1GuCoTu-RC1 in http://www.gaopad.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=37&page=1

download here: http://narod.ru/disk/25697437001/HT_PAD1051_V2.3U1GuCoTu-RC1.rar.html

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

2088965.jpg
    papazer,
    file uploaded :452186325
    succes with it ,gr bertus23