• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General HEVC and Instagram stories

Search This thread

[email protected]

Jan 15, 2009
Stockholm
Hello

I just noticed I can't upload video clips recorded with HEVC format and share from gallery to Instagram stories, it won't upload, trying with the S21 it works no problem, if I disable HEVC it works, can someone else try and confirm this is the case? I don't know if Samsung or Instagram is to blame. Thanks

Hello

I just noticed I can't upload video clips recorded with HEVC format and share from gallery to Instagram stories, it won't upload, trying with the S21 it works no problem, if I disable HEVC it works, can someone else try and confirm this is the case? I don't know if Samsung or Instagram is to blame. Thanks

They might have forgotten the "shim code" to convert it on the fly.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Likely the phone. Check permissions. Maybe the hevc version.

I won't let Instagram run on my phone... or fb, WhatsApp etc. Security risk.
If it can't be logged on the browser and needs a "special" app to use it, no go. Trashware.

yeah, how to notify them about it? or hopefully it gets fixed with coming software update?

You could notify Instagram and see if they can do anything about it.

It's typically not something you can fix on your own, since it's a file format that has to be supported by the app. Trolls will be trolls, though.

haha lol, it's been working since the S10 so something is wrong with Flip3/Instagram combo. :)

It could be as silly as a mimetype update. I was looking to see if there are any reports about an update to the format or anything like that, but most sources are dated enough to still say Facebook and friends don't support the format at all.

[email protected]

Jan 15, 2009
Stockholm
It could be as silly as a mimetype update. I was looking to see if there are any reports about an update to the format or anything like that, but most sources are dated enough to still say Facebook and friends don't support the format at all.
yeah, I mean it's works great with the S21 and both have same software so it must be something that easily can be fixed, anyway I contacted Instagram about it through the app, we'll see what stupid answer I get back. 😂

yeah, I mean it's works great with the S21 and both have same software so it must be something that easily can be fixed, anyway I contacted Instagram about it through the app, we'll see what stupid answer I get back. 😂

Alright. I'll keep looking around. I know I ended up giving up on it because it wasn't supported in Signal and I didn't have the motivation.

Top Liked Posts