• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Hey i've got MIUI 12.5.1 on my Redmi Note 10 Pro (Global)...And...

Search This thread

seedaripper

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol
...It is still crippled by the forced feature of only having 10 seconds AOD! i hoped and prayed this would of been sorted by now with the infamous MIUI 12.5.
It obviously didn't matter about the other threads i posted (and asking support over on Twitter) as it seems nobody else is bothered? so it appears other users are happy to either resort to rooting their phones and using Magisk or removing MIUI optimisation via developer options just to have a working AOD?
I for one am NOT! why should i? Its dangerous and you lose certain elements. i bought the phone for this feature, they took out the notification light so the least they could do is have an AOD that's, you know...ALWAYS ON!
I'm sick of having to wake my phone all the bloody time just to see if anything has turned up or if i missed a call when i wasn't around near my phone. This is not too much to ask, but it seems everybody else is fine with it? WHY?
On topic, i don't see much change from 12 apart from the sounds being different, a slight increase in speed..oh an the volume bar is different..woo!
(notes got an update waaay before i received 12.5 so that was nothing new.)
Oh, AND STILL NO SUPER WALLPAPERS!
Colour me unimpressed.

P.s this is copied from my MI account on their forums, so not specifically aimed at XDA folks.

Reactions: taco9 and ImHorizon

ImHorizon

Jan 23, 2021
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Totally agree with you, I've heard they do this to make the false sensation of this being a premium feature, so they push users to buy expensive phones.

For 12.5 I expect proper AOD, super wallpapers and FIXED DEEP SLEEP.. Im tired of losing 20% battery overnight

Reactions: seedaripper

Spoons13

Jun 21, 2021
Plus 1 on the AOD 10 second issue, there's absolutely no point in AOD if it's only on for 10 seconds. I've submitted an issue with Xiaomi Services and Feedback and they came back saying it was for battery drain reasons, which is bullshit! Makes more sense to add the option for always on instead of 10 seconds and let the user decide!

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
My 168 hours will be up this afternoon at which time I'll hopefully be unlocking my BL and flashing MiuiMix. It gives the option to have AOD always on.

I totally agree, I shouldn't have to flash a rom just to get a working AOD but I also want call recording and if MiuiMix on my Mi 9T Pro is anything to go by, it is much better than stock.

I'll see how MiuiMix goes and I might also have a play with the unofficial LineageOS release that looks promising as well.

stonesushi

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah it's pretty bad, I got a reply from the developers saying it's for battery too, seems to me it's an artificial cap for their low end devices.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-17-06-41-50-664_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-17-06-41-50-664_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 167

seedaripper

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol
Plus 1 on the AOD 10 second issue, there's absolutely no point in AOD if it's only on for 10 seconds. I've submitted an issue with Xiaomi Services and Feedback and they came back saying it was for battery drain reasons, which is bullshit! Makes more sense to add the option for always on instead of 10 seconds and let the use
Yep total bollocks on the battery drain issue. If anything i waste more battery turning the bastard on and off every frigging 5 minutes (at full brightness) just to see if anything has turned up! An AOD (like on my GF's Mi9 is in a very low brightness state which moves every 2 minutes to prevent burn in) should be implemented on their midranges too...But it seems like it's a feature deliberately only available on their flagship products...If that's the case it's discriminatory and bang out of order.
Please guys tweet @XiaomiSupport as much as possible and get Redmi Note 10 users to do the same, also use the inbuilt feedback on your phones...i'll post a screenshot in a tick on how to do it.
Come on comrades if enough of us keep harassing and threatening to boycott they will have to take notice.

seedaripper

Sep 24, 2014
Bristol
1 : Settings (scroll right to the bottom)
2 : Service and feedback (ignore FAQ)
3 : Suggestions (tick box)
4 : Enter your grievance (I did mine via my phone so due to predictive text a few mistakes, but you get the gist)
5 : Select item (home screen + settings - always on display)
6 : enter your email. (Send)

Try and highlight that is not too conserve battery as you waste more battery turning it on and off, and that their flagship phones have it... If you pre-empt their stock reply you have more chance of not being fed bullshit.
Good luck lads 👍🏻✊🏻🤞🏻

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-22-17-21-59-072_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-22-17-21-59-072_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Spoons13

boland

Yep, pretty annoying. That's why I switched to PixelExperience :) I did notice a battery drain though when using it.

I'm now using NotifyBuddy, an app that only turns on AOD when I have a new notification. It replaces the notification led. Works well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ...It is still crippled by the forced feature of only having 10 seconds AOD! i hoped and prayed this would of been sorted by now with the infamous MIUI 12.5.
    It obviously didn't matter about the other threads i posted (and asking support over on Twitter) as it seems nobody else is bothered? so it appears other users are happy to either resort to rooting their phones and using Magisk or removing MIUI optimisation via developer options just to have a working AOD?
    I for one am NOT! why should i? Its dangerous and you lose certain elements. i bought the phone for this feature, they took out the notification light so the least they could do is have an AOD that's, you know...ALWAYS ON!
    I'm sick of having to wake my phone all the bloody time just to see if anything has turned up or if i missed a call when i wasn't around near my phone. This is not too much to ask, but it seems everybody else is fine with it? WHY?
    On topic, i don't see much change from 12 apart from the sounds being different, a slight increase in speed..oh an the volume bar is different..woo!
    (notes got an update waaay before i received 12.5 so that was nothing new.)
    Oh, AND STILL NO SUPER WALLPAPERS!
    Colour me unimpressed.

P.s this is copied from my MI account on their forums, so not specifically aimed at XDA folks.
    Totally agree with you, I've heard they do this to make the false sensation of this being a premium feature, so they push users to buy expensive phones.

For 12.5 I expect proper AOD, super wallpapers and FIXED DEEP SLEEP.. Im tired of losing 20% battery overnight
    Plus 1 on the AOD 10 second issue, there's absolutely no point in AOD if it's only on for 10 seconds. I've submitted an issue with Xiaomi Services and Feedback and they came back saying it was for battery drain reasons, which is bullshit! Makes more sense to add the option for always on instead of 10 seconds and let the user decide!
    My 168 hours will be up this afternoon at which time I'll hopefully be unlocking my BL and flashing MiuiMix. It gives the option to have AOD always on.

I totally agree, I shouldn't have to flash a rom just to get a working AOD but I also want call recording and if MiuiMix on my Mi 9T Pro is anything to go by, it is much better than stock.

I'll see how MiuiMix goes and I might also have a play with the unofficial LineageOS release that looks promising as well.
    Yeah it's pretty bad, I got a reply from the developers saying it's for battery too, seems to me it's an artificial cap for their low end devices.