Question Hey , my phone is under warranty, if I flash a custom rom is there any way I could claim my warranty just in case ?

Search This thread

Lister Of Smeg

Hey , my phone is under warranty, if I flash a custom rom is there any way I could claim my warranty just in case ?
Hi Anmol150704,

What NOSS8 said basically.... You can do what you like with the phone once you get it, but for the warranty to be honoured.... you need to return it to stock before claiming or they will blame the custom rom for the issue. So as long as you device is functioning enough to return to stock, you should be ok.

And unlike Samsung, there is no Knox/Triggers that I am aware of that they can tell if its been flashed or not. Which is the main reason I came away from Samsung, due to the forced compliance to stick to stock if you wish things to continue working or claim a warranty.

Cheers, Lister

NotClawGenius

Mar 9, 2017
Redmi Note 11
Yes you can, I recently reverted back to stock miui 13 from Evolution X with the help of Mi Flash. All you have to do is to download Usb drivers, Your device TGZ Firmware and Mi Flash Tool. There before flashing you can select lock and clean/flash and the device will be sent to locked status once again.

Yes you can, I recently reverted back to stock miui 13 from Evolution X with the help of Mi Flash. All you have to do is to download Usb drivers, Your device TGZ Firmware and Mi Flash Tool. There before flashing you can select lock and clean/flash and the device will be sent to locked status once again.
Unlocking the bootloader does not void the warranty.

It does depending on the reseller or where you bought it from. Just DON'T let them now, ever
Sellers buy from Xiaomi, the warranty conditions are set by Xiaomi, of course, the warranty period is different depending on the country.
If there is a beta version for your Xiaomi model, you can unlock the bootloader with Mu unlock which, as a reminder, is an official tool provided by Xiaomi.
If you buy a Xiaomi in one country because it is cheaper and you used and lived in another country, the warranty will be denied by Xiaomi.(common case where the seller refuses the guarantee and send it to Xiaomi.).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts