• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Hey ONE UI 4.0 BETA TESTERS, does ANDROID AUTO WORK??

Search This thread

kaLuta

Sep 26, 2014
Subotica
Cheers guys,

u all know android auto was always disconnecting from s21 phones since the launch, and its a great problem, they announced fix for september and I hope they fixed it.

what are your experiences with it? does it still happen?

imankareem

Sep 30, 2012
Perth
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hey Kaluta,

I am using an Australian Exynos S21 Ultra with an Indian 4.0 Beta update on top.

Can confirm that AA works with my Kia Rio 2017. Ok google detection is can be flaky (could be my accent tho).

Haven't seen my phone disconnect so far (I work mostly from home, so further testing needed).

I see google promising fixes for AA every few weeks.

Given that the Beta is running Android 12, I feel AA would be more stable in general. but then again AA is updated over Gplay as well.

I suggest trying the beta and roll back if you have a bad experience.

Reactions: kaLuta
Hey Kaluta,

I am using an Australian Exynos S21 Ultra with an Indian 4.0 Beta update on top.

Can confirm that AA works with my Kia Rio 2017. Ok google detection is can be flaky (could be my accent tho).

Haven't seen my phone disconnect so far (I work mostly from home, so further testing needed).

Given that the Beta is running Android 12, I feel AA would be more stable in general. but then again AA is updated over Gplay as well.

Indian Beta 12.0 ? Where did you get that ?

imankareem

Sep 30, 2012
Perth
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Indian Beta 12.0 ? Where did you get that ?

Long story!

At the time my xsa was not running the latest firmware ( I think the latest firmware is out now). Had to flash an Indian firmware first to be able to flash the beta zip. I chose India as 1) It's one of the only countries part of the beta program 2) They use the exact model as us in India. 3) A lot of devs in India, more XDA support if things go wrong

corwin_amber

Dec 11, 2011
Working fine for me, even wirelessly with AA in a 2018 Audi A4 and AAWireless box.
Always worked flawlessly, cabled and wireless, Android 11 and now the 12 beta.

imankareem

Sep 30, 2012
Perth
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Cheers guys,

u all know android auto was always disconnecting from s21 phones since the launch, and its a great problem, they announced fix for september and I hope they fixed it.

I've had issues before with cables and dust in the port, even with my s20 Ultra (nothing to do with this beta) . I usually use 3$ cables (Ugreen or Baseus branded from Aliexpress). But for my car, I use a pricey 20$ Belkin cable. I suggest trying a new cable/Samsung original and maybe uninstalling the app/clearing data + cache...

Reactions: kaLuta

kaLuta

Sep 26, 2014
Subotica
I've had issues before with cables and dust in the port, even with my s20 Ultra (nothing to do with this beta) . I usually use 3$ cables (Ugreen or Baseus branded from Aliexpress). But for my car, I use a pricey 20$ Belkin cable. I suggest trying a new cable/Samsung original and maybe uninstalling the app/clearing data + cache...
I bought original Samsung car fast charger + another usb c cable from samsung, both cables kept disconnecting.

ms5678

May 22, 2012
Hey Kaluta,

How to get India Beta file. I am in India and on latest Sep 19 firmware but so for no luck for Beta registration

imankareem

Sep 30, 2012
Perth
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
How to get India Beta file. I am in India and on latest Sep 19 firmware but so for no luck for Beta registration
If your software version ends with AUHD, you flash the firmware (a .bin file) given in this thread.

Use ADB sideload commands to put the update.zip (rename your .bin file first) on to your phone ..

ms5678

May 22, 2012
yes
If your software version ends with AUHD, you flash the firmware (a .bin file) given in this thread.

Use ADB sideload commands to put the update.zip (rename your .bin file first) on to your phone ..

Reactions: imankareem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Kaluta,

Europe version, AA is working
    Cheers guys,

I bought original Samsung car fast charger + another usb c cable from samsung, both cables kept disconnecting.

Yikes. Dust maybe?
    yes