Hi all, glad to learn and hopefully share some work

Search This thread

JohnWest2

Nov 19, 2021
Greets from Northern NJ, were we are preparing like crazy for big family gathering. First in a long time! Food, Drink, sitting by the fire and dinner table just talking about whatever comes up! My ackground is in Mech Engineering, but I sorta shelft that in the nineties when I saw the emergence of digital ..umm.. everything! Played with linux since yggdrasil. Of late we all have shelves with that tablet or phone thats just ignored. Why not do something with it? Mine is a HP touchpad, though I have a few smaller Lenovo tablets as well.... and a didj ... wonder if that could host anything? My galaxy s9 is getting long in the tooth (pixel maybe coming soon?), and a galaxy S7 sits with broken gorilla chunks aplenty. Looking for what I can do with Sailfish or similar current tech.

Reactions: orb3000

JohnWest2

Nov 19, 2021
Greets from Northern NJ, were we are preparing like crazy for big family gathering. First in a long time! Food, Drink, sitting by the fire and dinner table just talking about whatever comes up! My ackground is in Mech Engineering, but I sorta shelft that in the nineties when I saw the emergence of digital ..umm.. everything! Played with linux since yggdrasil. Of late we all have shelves with that tablet or phone thats just ignored. Why not do something with it? Mine is a HP touchpad, though I have a few smaller Lenovo tablets as well.... and a didj ... wonder if that could host anything? My galaxy s9 is getting long in the tooth (pixel maybe coming soon?), and a galaxy S7 sits with broken gorilla chunks aplenty. Looking for what I can do with Sailfish or similar current tech.
Oh. and an Android M8 Set top box, lots of Rpi, an early BeagleBone, and an O2 and Indigo2 for good measure. Despite feeling like a run on intro... Fitness bands... got several Chinese devices that need some proper software. (what do you mean I can't download my own health data but developers can? Pffft).

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Nice intro, welcome aboard!

JohnWest2

Nov 19, 2021
Anyone hacking Android boxes? I'd picked up one of these: "M9S Quad Core Android 4.4 Smart Set Top TV Box XBMC 3D Blu-ray 4K Streaming Media Player Miracast DLNA Receiver Amlogic S802 AML8726-M8 Cortex A9" from the big bookstore in the sky... seemed hackable?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.