Hi all is there any way to get different fonts on s8 without root please?cheers

Search This thread

josue85

Dec 29, 2009
Chicago
If you're looking for more than the included fonts @Bautinho88 mentioned, I believe you can download more from the samsung app store. There might be other ways, but I haven't found any others yet.

Reactions: AngelRyu
monotype flipfont samsung

Yo, check out "Trend Font" the apk is not found on play store, so its "unknown sources" and giyf !!
You then have the choice of 39 fonts to install, with no more annoying messages from your awesome new phone.
I tested a few with success on my unrooted s8+
You may then even upload your own personal favorite font, and they may add it to the list for you.
once the font you want is installed you can uninstall Trend Font if you want.

These fonts have also been tested on all galaxy devices including S8, S8+, S7 and S7 edge.

==============EDIT==================
A few dudes out there had issues with this app for reasons unknown to me.
To save anyone else any further hassle, I have collected them all and uploaded a zip with the lot
There are 39 fonts here.

Ps would love "storopia" or "clockopia" if anyone has the skillz to provide? Thanks

= = = = = = = = EVEN MORE EDIT = = = = = = =
There are a total of 73 fonts on the following link -->https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72112717&postcount=24

============ EVEN MORE UBER EDIT ====
Want roboto ? Try this : (not BOLD or CONDENSED...)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/help/hi-to-fonts-s8-root-pleasecheers-t3596398/page7

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170427-123001.png
    Screenshot_20170427-123001.png
    149 KB · Views: 26,728
  • Screenshot_20170427-123003.png
    Screenshot_20170427-123003.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 26,552
  • Screenshot_20170427-123006.png
    Screenshot_20170427-123006.png
    152 KB · Views: 25,840
  • Screenshot_20170427-123009.png
    Screenshot_20170427-123009.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 21,487
  • Fonts5Galaxy-s8.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 24,457
Last edited:

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
Waste of Time

Yo, check out "Trend Font" the apk is not found on play store, so its "unknown sources" and giyf !!

You then have the choice of 50+ fonts to install, with no more annoying messages from your awesome new phone, or requests from the Sam Store for a dollar. I tested a few with success on my unrooted s8+

You may then even upload your own personal favorite font, and they may add it to the list for you!

have a go, and can you smash the "Thanks" button in return?

the only thing this app will do for you successfully is deliver ads. Even when you click the X on the ad, it takes you to the ads site or app. Waste of time, does not work for Samsung Galaxy S series phones.

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
I tried just about everything on the S7E to get a font I wanted, samsung doesn't even offer it or i'd have purchased it to save the trouble I went through. I tried over a dozen apps and none of them worked. It just doesn't appear possible. The phone would kick back anything as an unrecognized font (regardless of font format even)

Mate, works for me, otherwise why would i post ?
Open app with data and Wi-Fi off, select your font, turn only DATA back on, then try Selecting the font you want again.

Someone else thanked me so maybe you have other problemo your end?
Attached are three I picked as random as proof this works... I'm using adhell if that makes any difference?

Otherwise I will fetch them all for the community, but my balls are aching at the thought of doing this 50 times when I got the one I wanted first time honest! ;)

Ps would love "storopia" or "clockopia" if anyone has the skillz to provide? Thanks

EDIT - Updated other post with all the fonts there for you all, I put them there as there are already screen shots to go with them.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72054000&postcount=4

Attachments

• flora_19d1d767f5aacb5f01a63524d108b9d6.apk
    75.7 KB · Views: 2,259
  • koorkin_bold_9df6a5aa04c597789135dda5101114c3.apk
    175.4 KB · Views: 1,829
  • zemstra_d1e2ea4a70c931255785370daaa7dd80.apk
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,913
Last edited:

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
the only thing this app will do for you successfully is deliver ads. Even when you click the X on the ad, it takes you to the ads site or app. Waste of time, does not work for Samsung Galaxy S series phones.

+1 even with adhell installed.. still adds.. and more adds.. never installed a font.. just adds.

`SBR`

Apr 5, 2010
NJ
Mate, works for me, otherwise why did i post ?
Open app with data and Wi-Fi off, select your font, turn only DATA back on.then try Selecting the font you want again.

Someone else thanked me so maybe you have other problemo your end? If you are desperate for one but can't work it, req it and I will fetch for thee in return for some "thanks" !!

Attached are three I picked as random as proof this works... I'm using adhell
if that makes any difference?

Otherwise I will fetch them all for the community, but my balls are aching at the thought of doing this 50 times when I got the one I wanted first time honest! ;)

I am able to install your fonts.. Thanks for sharing..

Like others mentioned not able to download from Trend app.. Going only to ads..

Will you share other font apks as well...

EDIT got it working, download the trend apk 1.03..no ads it's download immediately..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 12, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I tried just about everything on the S7E to get a font I wanted, samsung doesn't even offer it or i'd have purchased it to save the trouble I went through. I tried over a dozen apps and none of them worked. It just doesn't appear possible. The phone would kick back anything as an unrecognized font (regardless of font format even)

Samsung phones only accept fonts developed by Monotype Imaging Inc. There are a few on the Play Store, although some of them are quite goofy looking, there were one or two that I liked.
Only other place to get custom fonts is Samsung Galaxy Apps Store, and over there most of them aren't even in English, so I've decided to stick with the default font.

Reactions: russellcausier
Samsung phones only accept fonts developed by Monotype Imaging Inc. There are a few on the Play Store, although some of them are quite goofy looking, there were one or two that I liked.
Only other place to get custom fonts is Samsung Galaxy Apps Store, and over there most of them aren't even in English, so I've decided to stick with the default font.

Nope! There is one other place ;)
See link below:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72054000&postcount=4

Keep smashing ;)

Last edited:

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 12, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

spinkick

Apr 26, 2010
Is this a way to get rid of the cryptic asian style emoji that samsungs come with? I cannot understand what most of them even mean.

eelton

Sep 5, 2010
I followed your steps but it gave me the All-in-one apk and another com.xdagee.mrmshcondensedtheme.downloader.apk files lol
I should probably point out I did this on a desktop computer. It does automatically download the "downloader" file, which I then deleted. But then it gives the direct download option, which allows downloading the font apk file. I transferred that to my phone, which installed the font.

But it only works for Monotype fonts...RobotoCondensed-Bold is not one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: indexmonkey

Top Liked Posts