• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hide app in a similar fashion to Magisk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

GrandAdmiral

Recently install an app on my phone and it is telling me that I need to uninstall my VPN app (which isn't even running) from the device before I'm able to use it. Is there an app available that can hide an app from detection much like that is Magisk? Tried searching but nothing popped up.

Thanks in advance.

Andrologic

Apr 29, 2016
Huawei Mate 20 X
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Use App Manager from F-Droid to block this app from discovering installed packages and/or related permissions from your device. Assuming you have root access. Other things you can try is using LSPosed/Xprivacy to block this app or hide the VPN that is getting discovered.

T.C.Stockdale

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committee Lead / Mod Committee
Staff member
Recently install an app on my phone and it is telling me that I need to uninstall my VPN app (which isn't even running) from the device before I'm able to use it. Is there an app available that can hide an app from detection much like that is Magisk? Tried searching but nothing popped up.

Thanks in advance.

Technical discussion of Android development and hacking. No noobs, please. Device-specific releases should go under the appropriate device forum

Status
Not open for further replies.