• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Hide Launcher Icons ?

Search This thread

intp.pisces

Account currently disabled
Aug 4, 2018
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Brought Nova Launcher but we love the Pixels stock launcher too much to default it. Is there any method/upcoming method for hiding it's icons? Root or nonroot welcome.

horatiopositronic

May 22, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Brought Nova Launcher but we love the Pixels stock launcher too much to default it. Is there any method/upcoming method for hiding it's icons? Root or nonroot welcome.
If you press and hold an icon on the home screen to drag it, there's a "remove" option in the upper left. Drag the icon to that and it goes away. If you want it back, go to your apps drawer, press and hold and drag it back to the home screen.

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
HTC One (m7)
HTC 10
If you press and hold an icon on the home screen to drag it, there's a "remove" option in the upper left. Drag the icon to that and it goes away. If you want it back, go to your apps drawer, press and hold and drag it back to the home screen.
I'd assume it's drawer icons of unused apps he wishes to hide not those on the home screen.

Reactions: intp.pisces

Exel

Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Google Pixel 6 Pro
There's lawnchair that currently has alpha builds out for the Android 12 launcher.

Apart from having the ability to hide icons, you can install an icon pack. Keep in mind it's in alpha and they're still working on implementing new features and whatnot.

Works a lot better if rooted in conjunction with QuickSwitch.

Reactions: intp.pisces

intp.pisces

Account currently disabled
Aug 4, 2018
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yep, with Nova, you can add/remove/customize completely at will. You now have so much power with Nova, you probably won't realize just what to do with it all until you happen to find out everything you can do. It's awesome! :)
Nova was my main launcher on the OP7T for the last 2 years, and while I know I've never used all the features I'd say I'm pretty proficient with it. I just prefer to use the Pixels default launcher honestly! Guess I'll be using Nova again tho, until someone cooks up icon hiding and customization

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What icons?
    I'd assume it's drawer icons of unused apps he wishes to hide not those on the home screen.
    There's lawnchair that currently has alpha builds out for the Android 12 launcher.

Apart from having the ability to hide icons, you can install an icon pack. Keep in mind it's in alpha and they're still working on implementing new features and whatnot.

Works a lot better if rooted in conjunction with QuickSwitch.
    Yep, with Nova, you can add/remove/customize completely at will. You now have so much power with Nova, you probably won't realize just what to do with it all until you happen to find out everything you can do. It's awesome! :)