Hide My Applist not working on Android 13

Search This thread

bricca

Jun 16, 2015
This will erase apps and data (photos, documents, etc) and the phone will show up as it did when I first booted it. It's correct?
Thank you.

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
That
This will erase apps and data (photos, documents, etc) and the phone will show up as it did when I first booted it. It's correct?
Thank you.
That is correct - assuming your phone doesn't have an external SD card, thus you didn't save your files and/or photos on external SD.

Oh, something else. Careful with the updates. Your installed TWRP is specific to the OS for which it was designed. The current version may no longer be compatible with an updated OS, which in turn creates another mess.

Last edited:

bricca

Jun 16, 2015
That's right, my phone doesn't have an external sd card. After formatting I can reconfigure it without putting root and anything else again or I have to do further steps to eliminate what was there before. the bootloader would remain unlocked, do you recommend relocking it? To avoid problems in the future I want to have a phone without modifications. A thousand thanks.

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
That's right, my phone doesn't have an external sd card. After formatting I can reconfigure it without putting root and anything else again or I have to do further steps to eliminate what was there before. the bootloader would remain unlocked, do you recommend relocking it? To avoid problems in the future I want to have a phone without modifications. A thousand thanks.
TWRP without root defies the whole purpose. Besides, XPosed framework and modules cannot be installed without root AND you cannot root without an unlocked bootloader.
I'm not sure how you use your phone but I would assume that if you're here discussing all these, you understand what rooting does. If you do, rooting itself should no longer be questionable.
None of the above create problems when you take the time to really understand what you're doing. In fact rooting is THE KEY to all the doors that, otherwise remain locked.
Doors like: deGoogling and installing MicroG, Magisk and XPosed modules, system access, debloating, restricting (some) access to abusive apps, moving apps to system partition, UI modifications, not being forced to update to the next Android OS if you don't want to and ...the sky is the limit. This is the true power of rooting! 😉😁

Don't get demoralized. Things like this happened to all of us here, at some point. Yes, it sucks, it stings a bit too, but it's a valuable lesson. Start over, do it properly this time and the satisfactions will be twice as sweet. Best! 🤝

Last edited:

simplepinoi177

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I tried to run the command as soon as the phone turned on but the power shell did not return anything and the phone is always stuck on the miui screen.
well...there goes my idea 🤷‍♂️...
I mean, you could always try the proper CMD instead of powershell, but it doesn't look likely that that would make a difference...

sorry to hear of your troubles...

bricca

Jun 16, 2015
TWRP without root defies the whole purpose. Besides, XPosed framework and modules cannot be installed without root AND you cannot root without an unlocked bootloader.
I'm not sure how you use your phone but I would assume that if you're here discussing all these, you understand what rooting does. If you do, rooting itself should no longer be questionable.
None of the above create problems when you take the time to really understand what you're doing. In fact rooting is THE KEY to all the doors that, otherwise remain locked.
Doors like: deGoogling and installing MicroG, Magisk and XPosed modules, system access, debloating, restricting (some) access to abusive apps, moving apps to system partition, UI modifications, not being forced to update to the next Android OS if you don't want to and ...the sky is the limit. This is the true power of rooting! 😉😁

Things like this happened to all of us here. Don't get demoralized. It sucks, it stings a bit too, but it's a valuable lesson. Start over, do it properly this time and the satisfactions will be twice as sweet. Best! 🤝
HI, I am aware that no longer having root and all the rest allows me to do less things but let's say that lately I don't have much time to keep up with it like I once did and especially today I no longer do anything that requires root. I would like to understand if with a simple format data I can then proceed without having to reinstall everything or if this will create problems for me. Thank you very much for helping.

simplepinoi177

Forum Moderator
Staff member
HI, I am aware that no longer having root and all the rest allows me to do less things but let's say that lately I don't have much time to keep up with it like I once did and especially today I no longer do anything that requires root. I would like to understand if with a simple format data I can then proceed without having to reinstall everything or if this will create problems for me. Thank you very much for helping.
I believe/am afraid that normally, when speaking in terms of data, whenever one would "format" the data, all of the existing data would be lost -- meaning most likely you cannot proceed with the simple format data without also losing everything and must reinstall it all.
As for "if this will create problems for me", usually a format, as it resets everything filesystem-wise, usually establishes and stabilizes things more than it creating further problems (other than the loss of data).

Please be aware that, by formatting the data, I'm unsure if you will be able to load the OS still having a completely empty/vanilla data partition; which means you might still need to flash the Full Factory images of the ROM you are using.

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
I believe/am afraid that normally, when speaking in terms of data, whenever one would "format" the data, all of the existing data would be lost -- meaning most likely you cannot proceed with the simple format data without also losing everything and must reinstall it all.
As for "if this will create problems for me", usually a format, as it resets everything filesystem-wise, usually establishes and stabilizes things more than it creating further problems (other than the loss of data).

Please be aware that, by formatting the data, I'm unsure if you will be able to load the OS still having a completely empty/vanilla data partition; which means you might still need to flash the Full Factory images of the ROM you are using.
I don't have experience with Xiaomi phones but generally speaking, the OS is stored under the /system partition. Formatting the /data partition shouldn't affect the OS, boot, modem or EFS. Formatting data from TWRP home screem acts like a factory reset (which wipes data, cache & Dalvik), plus encryption removal.
Upon reboot he should be presented with the initial set up screen - as if the phone was started for the first time. I've done this myself quite a few times on Samsung phones.

Note: this is typically done only one time, usually immediately after flashing TWRP for the first time. Once the encryption is removed, there is no need to go through formatting the data partition again.

Last edited:

simplepinoi177

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I don't have experience with Xiaomi phones but generally speaking, the OS is stored under the /system partition. Formatting the /data partition shouldn't affect the OS, boot, modem or EFS. Formatting data from TWRP home screem acts like a factory reset (which wipes data, cache & Dalvik), plus encryption removal.
Upon reboot he should be presented with the initial set up screen - as if the phone was started for the first time.
That's what I figured as well, but I wasn't sure about his device, so I didn't want to give a go-ahead and him try to boot the OS and find an error or something...Usually erasing/formatting the /data just reverts it back to stock initial set up...
And it's been a while since I've used TWRP (i miss it, but by Android 11, they never caught up to the phone I would currently be on), so I couldn't recall if formatting the /data did anything more than wiping the data (like, at worse, make it unallocated)... But now that you explained that, it reminded me of using it back then and how it set things up...

bricca

Jun 16, 2015
Hi everyone, I managed to solve it by flashing the rom I had installed in September in recovery format, from twrp. I rebooted without any wipes and the system booted right up without losing any data (of course, I'm currently not rooted). However, I noticed that Google wallet does not make payments because it recognizes the root. Do I have to uninstall the apps "settings" (magisk in hidden version), lsposed and hide my applist? Possibly something else? A thousand thanks.

I report below the procedures indicated on xiaomi Eu (I don't know if I can share the Link):

CAUSE:
I try to rollback xiaomi.eu 20.5.14 (miui 12 - android 10)
I install the last week version: xiaomi.eu 20.5.7 (miui 12 - android 10)

PROBLEM:
After install 20.5.7 - Phone bootloop & stuck boots to TWRP & cannot decrypt data in TWRP.

FIX SOLUTION:
You must flash the previous rom again (20.5.14) to boot the rom & decrypt data.

REQUIREMENTS:
You need computer + adb software (adb.exe). This guide will not teach you ADB.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1: Connect phone to computer by usb
& open phone to TWRP

2: Open command line on computer &
Run command "adb devices" to check phone is visible

3: Download the last rom version which worked to your computer & put the file in same folder as ADB.exe

4: copy rom from computer to phone using command below (replace ROMFILENAME with the name of your rom file):
adb push ROMFILENAME.zip /tmp/

5: Go to TWRP - install zip

6: Look for rom file in root directory, top level: /tmp/ + Click install

NOTE: do not format / wipe any data / cache

7: After installation, reboot system, phone will boot to OS after 5-10 minutes.

credit: fatjoez

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-25-10-57-20-082_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-25-10-57-20-082_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 15

Top Liked Posts