Question Hide the gboard keyboard's down arrow

Search This thread

Proday

Sep 19, 2010
Sorry all if queastion was before (can't find answer and I'm really pissed off)...is it possible to remove this arrow under the keyboard on pixel 6 (pic in attach)?! I had pixel 6 pro few days ago (returned because fingerprint sensor didn't work) and I'm shure that I didn't had arrow there (gestures used too, all same as here). Tried to find option to turn off everywhere but no success...hope that this is not feature from todays jan update?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220115-002519.png
    Screenshot_20220115-002519.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 714

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Sorry all if queastion was before (can't find answer and I'm really pissed off)...is it possible to remove this arrow under the keyboard on pixel 6 (pic in attach)?! I had pixel 6 pro few days ago (returned because fingerprint sensor didn't work) and I'm shure that I didn't had arrow there (gestures used too, all same as here). Tried to find option to turn off everywhere but no success...hope that this is not feature from todays jan update?!
That's not a new feature. Has always been there. If rooted you can remove with a mod that removes navbar, gesture pill, etc..

Reactions: vandyman
Pixel's implementation of down arrow on the navbar (or at least the padding below) is actually better than not having anything (like Xiaomi did on MIUI). The OS cannot recognize smartly if you meant a swiping up gesture or just simply pressing the space button, hence this placement.

Proday

Sep 19, 2010
That's not a new feature. Has always been there. If rooted you can remove with a mod that removes navbar, gesture pill, etc..
Tnx for info mate. I'll search for it.
It is different if using two button or three button navigation.
I use the three button navigation and the back arrow key in the navigation changes to a down arrow key.
View attachment 5508985
I know mate, but I'm using swipe last 3 years, can't go back on old commands...and this way I have more screen space to look at.
Pixel's implementation of down arrow on the navbar (or at least the padding below) is actually better than not having anything (like Xiaomi did on MIUI). The OS cannot recognize smartly if you meant a swiping up gesture or just simply pressing the space button, hence this placement.
Whell thats individual thing. This way I'm loosing about 1cm of screen size, on samsung (one plus) phones it works for me without any problem.

Anyway, now im certain that it is not to remove id witouth root...thanks all one more time.

Romi007

Aug 17, 2022
Try this method (pictures attached) worked for my OnePlus 10 pro oxygenos13 beta.

1. Go to the settings
2. Open additional setting or direct search 3rd option
3. Keyboard & input method
4. keyboard location
5. Select hide

Screenshot_2022-08-18-01-33-25-19_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg Screenshot_2022-08-18-01-34-22-20_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Merotaha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tnx for info mate. I'll search for it.
    I use the three button navigation and the back arrow key in the navigation changes to a down arrow key.
    View attachment 5508985
    I know mate, but I'm using swipe last 3 years, can't go back on old commands...and this way I have more screen space to look at.
    Whell thats individual thing. This way I'm loosing about 1cm of screen size, on samsung (one plus) phones it works for me without any problem.

Anyway, now im certain that it is not to remove id witouth root...thanks all one more time.

Screenshot_20220115-060902.png

Try this method (pictures attached) worked for my OnePlus 10 pro oxygenos13 beta.

1. Go to the settings
    2. Open additional setting or direct search 3rd option
    3. Keyboard & input method
    4. keyboard location
    5. Select hide

Screenshot_2022-08-18-01-33-25-19_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg Screenshot_2022-08-18-01-34-22-20_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg