Hide the navigation bar ****NO Root****

Search This thread

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
Found this here and it works great.

Type the following commands in adb/fastboot environment (adb shell) on your PC after connecting the phone in file transfer mode and usb debugging is on:

· Hide Status Bar only type:

adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*

· Hide Navigation Bar only type:

adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=*

· Hide Both Bars type:

adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.full=*

· Back to normal/default type:

adb shell settings put global policy_control null*

All credit to Rashad83

easy adb tools attached below.

Enjoy

Attachments

• platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
    7 MB · Views: 920

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
When not in use, the navigation slides down and gives you the entire screen. Swipe up to bring it back. Say bye bye to any burn in issues.

Reactions: Cone1237

Quickvic30

Feb 28, 2013
Galaxy
What about when you have Samsung pay how does this affect the swipe up
It gets annoying cause you go to swipe up for the nav bar and it pulls up your s pay card. Also in messaging and some other apps that use the keyboard you swipe up for the nav bar and it brings up the keyboard and if you try to hide the keyboard and just bring up the nav bar the keyboard keeps coming up. I also noticed this breaks Samsung web browser open windows page and and add a new window. It just shows a blank page pretty much and if you try to open a new window or tap any of the options on this page nothing happens. Is it just my phone that does this or are other people having issues with this also? It's a awesome mod and thanks for sharing, if we could get those bugs fixed I would use it. I do a lot of adb testing stuff so this may have caused the issues I was having.

I would love to have the nav bar there all the time with the black semi transparent nav bar but not sure that can be done without modding the sysui framework. If anyone knows the command or if it's even possible to do through adb without root of course that would be great!

Sent from my SM-G955W using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Last edited:

ErickF

Dec 11, 2014
It gets annoying cause you go to swipe up for the nav bar and it pulls up your s pay card. Also in messaging and some other apps that use the keyboard you swipe up for the nav bar and it brings up the keyboard and if you try to hide the keyboard and just bring up the nav bar the keyboard keeps coming up. I also noticed this breaks Samsung web browser open windows page and and add a new window. It just shows a blank page pretty much and if you try to open a new window or tap any of the options on this page nothing happens. Is it just my phone that does this or are other people having issues with this also? It's a awesome mod and thanks for sharing, if we could get those bugs fixed I would use it. I do a lot of adb testing stuff so this may have caused the issues I was having.

I would love to have the nav bar there all the time with the black semi transparent nav bar but not sure that can be done without modding the sysui framework. If anyone knows the command or if it's even possible to do through adb without root of course that would be great!

Sent from my SM-G955W using XDA-Developers Legacy app

I have the same issue with the samsung browser and text message app. Will switch to chrome and see if there arent any issues there. if you find any way to fix the samsung browser glitch then please let us know.

tntcko

May 16, 2017
i already hide navigation bar, but i need status bar (batery life, connections, clock) but i hate his black fade, i need transparent status bar. Is that posible true adb shell settings commands? or somehow ? Thanks much!

DurbanPoison24

Jan 30, 2011
How do I do this? Lol. I never messed with the adb stuff really.. don't recall much about how to type in commands.. also, what will happen when I get a system update? Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found this here and it works great.

Type the following commands in adb/fastboot environment (adb shell) on your PC after connecting the phone in file transfer mode and usb debugging is on:

· Hide Status Bar only type:

adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*

· Hide Navigation Bar only type:

adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=*

· Hide Both Bars type:

adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.full=*

· Back to normal/default type:

adb shell settings put global policy_control null*

All credit to Rashad83

easy adb tools attached below.

Enjoy
    When not in use, the navigation slides down and gives you the entire screen. Swipe up to bring it back. Say bye bye to any burn in issues.
    Is there a way to keep the soft keys hidden at all times ? with the pressure sensitive home key and gesture controls i could actually do without them
    substratum and navbar height apk:good:

Thanks buddy. I didnt know that substratum worked with sammy with no root. about to try it now. and i am guessing navbar height apk is not on the market?
    Thanks buddy. I didnt know that substratum worked with sammy with no root. about to try it now. and i am guessing navbar height apk is not on the market?
    Sorry that method doesnt work, i cant post links but if you google "navbar tools s8" click on the link android.gadgethacks... download the apk height that you desire install it, reboot and profit!!:good: