• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hiding Magisk from apps and Adoptable Storage

Search This thread

acewing905

Mar 14, 2014
The basic details:
The app in question is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.cygames.princessconnectredive
And on my phone (Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite), I have adoptable storage enabled.

This app uses the "CrackProof" detection that crashes the app with certain error codes. (Root detected: 60, Magisk detected: 61)
With MagiskHide and randomizing the package name of Magisk together, error code 61 is avoided.
However, error code 60 cannot be avoided for as long as the app is on the SD card. (Magisk is on the internal storage. I found out the hard way that it doesn't work otherwise.)
But as long as the app is on the internal memory, MagiskHide works as it should.

Is this by design? Is Magisk not intended to hide root from apps that are running off an SD card?

The basic details:
The app in question is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.cygames.princessconnectredive

This app uses the "CrackProof" detection that crashes the app with certain error codes. (Root detected: 60, Magisk detected: 61)
With MagiskHide and randomizing the package name of Magisk together, error code 61 is avoided.
However, error code 60 cannot be avoided for as long as the app is on the SD card. (Magisk is on the internal storage. I found out the hard way that it doesn't work otherwise.)
But as long as the app is on the internal memory, MagiskHide works as it should.

Is this by design? Is Magisk not intended to hide root from apps that are running off an SD card?

Instead of using adoptable storage you may use Apps2SD and link (any) app you want to SD Card. That way no problem at all with apps (but leave Magisk and other critical apps on internal memory, just in case SD Card fail).

Search for the Apps2SD (by Vickybonick) official thread here in XDA. Works ok with Magisk (just set service.d folder properly on its settings)

Reactions: acewing905

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not by design, but a known limitation. Keep apps that detect root on the internal storage.
    The basic details:

Instead of using adoptable storage you may use Apps2SD and link (any) app you want to SD Card. That way no problem at all with apps (but leave Magisk and other critical apps on internal memory, just in case SD Card fail).

Search for the Apps2SD (by Vickybonick) official thread here in XDA. Works ok with Magisk (just set service.d folder properly on its settings)