Hiding The Big Stupid Navbar Android 11

Search This thread

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
Google Pixel 6
Long story short, Q gestures is absolutely terrible. I use a third party app for navigation. however, EVERY single app I've ever tried seems to be unable to hide the nav bar due Google's screwery. in fact, even Fullscreen Qgestures magisk module does nothing on Ob1.

Does anyone know a definitive way to hide the stupid annoying navbar?

Last edited:
Reactions: miscappa_lacacca

stuclark

May 15, 2006
London, UK
Google have removed the ability to over-scan the display in Android 11 (which is the trick all 3rd party apps used to hide the nav bar); so at the moment there's simply NO WAY to remove it,

I wouldn't mind the built-in gestures so much if there was the ability to turn off the "mini nav bar" which just shows a hide icon every time you use a keyboard. That's the biggest UI issue in my book, it just looks stupid!

ProAm500

Jul 1, 2007
Has anyone done this to get fng working on an OP8 Pro with latest Android 11?

EDIT: Just read the github. Doesn't work with Oxygen OS.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Google have removed the ability to over-scan the display in Android 11 (which is the trick all 3rd party apps used to hide the nav bar); so at the moment there's simply NO WAY to remove it,

I wouldn't mind the built-in gestures so much if there was the ability to turn off the "mini nav bar" which just shows a hide icon every time you use a keyboard. That's the biggest UI issue in my book, it just looks stupid!

I absolutely loathe that extra button.

But the slider at the bottom of the screen for gestures I've grown to love.

Knocking it left or right switches apps really quickly and I couldn't be without that now.

henk-jan.b

Dec 2, 2020
OnePlus 8 Pro
Not with me
Now with a screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210103-132941.jpg
    Screenshot_20210103-132941.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,987
Last edited:

RyanCr7

Aug 3, 2018
Long story short, Q gestures is absolutely terrible. I use a third party app for navigation. however, EVERY single app I've ever tried seems to be unable to hide the nav bar due Google's screwery. in fact, even Fullscreen Qgestures magisk module does nothing on Ob1.

Does anyone know a definitive way to hide the stupid annoying navbar?

Hi,
You can either use fullscreen Gesture magisk module or you can follow this guide below-

Reactions: Zanglus

shivam siddharth

Apr 29, 2020
In oxygenOS 11 you can hide the bottom space between the keyboard and gesture .... you have that option in your settings under the language and input section.... you can simply search keyboard height adjustment in setting and you'll find it

thank you

Antipickle

Nov 23, 2012
Is there a way to auto-hide the nav bar? Ex. On my old phone you could swipe up to show it or tap a dot on the left to stop it from disappearing.

Looks like the only way is to use a different launcher? I tried adding the fullscreen / immersive module but I believe that's just for the keyboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: adyapermana

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres a magisk module that adds the old qemu build.prop line.

Weird though is using props to add the same line didnt work but this module did.
    Is there a way to make the 3-button NavBar smaller? Or with a transparent background? Or both?
    You can adjust the size with the GravityBox app.(for android11)

By making the size 0, the bar will be completely lost.
    You can adjust the color if you want.

Google needs to reverse it back to the way it was...
    @dliadz: I see what you mean. The space (and not specific the bottom bar) is there. I didn't even notice it because it doesn't bother me.