HIGH battery drain

Search This thread

ZeusftW97

Account currently disabled
Nov 14, 2013
Usa
meettomy.site
Hello guys,

yesterday I rolled back from N to MM in order to install a fresh MM and install the N again and I still have high battery drain where Android System and AndroidOS are top battery consumers. I have high drainage when I am not using the phone too, and its not even connected to the internet too. Few days ago for two hours of not using the phone I had around 30% battery drain and I think that's not normal at all. I think that the phone is draining less battery when I am using it than I am using it...
As I said before, I have freshly installed Nougat b371, I am not rooted and the bootloader is locked.
I thought it was because I tried to install the b381 300mb version but it failed installing it and I thought it was part b371, part b381 and that was causing some problem with that and that's why I installed a fresh version of MM but that's not working too and I don't know what to do now. If you can guys help me It'd be awesome! :D
And I also these days never have 4g, only H+ and its losing the connection and it automatically reconnects after few seconds and I don't know why. Before I always had 4g... The fresh MM didn't solved that problem. Do you think that b381 failed installation somehow misfigured something?

And a screenshot of the consumption level.
RYJ8ibX.png

Last edited:

Tech.San

May 8, 2016
Disable the Google app and go to phone manager،tap cleanup then tap on the option icon on the upper right of the screen. Now tap memory clean up whitelist ,and uncheck all of the apps (recommend) or just uncheck all except the apps you don't want to close like messenger ..etc. Now go to phone manager and wait for it to load then click optimize. You'll notice a huge difference.

ZeusftW97

Nov 14, 2013
Usa
meettomy.site
Disable the Google app and go to phone manager،tap cleanup then tap on the option icon on the upper right of the screen. Now tap memory clean up whitelist ,and uncheck all of the apps (recommend) or just uncheck all except the apps you don't want to close like messenger ..etc. Now go to phone manager and wait for it to load then click optimize. You'll notice a huge difference.

Disabling Google app is just like a default thing I am doing after factory reset, hahah. And I also unchecked the apps before, its like a normal thing to me after installing all the apps I need after a factory reset. The thing is the android is draining too much battery and I was asking for a way to somehow reduce it, because even if I am not using the phone it drains the battery for more than 15%, not a couple of percents... I will do a test this night and I will let you know tomorrow.
And also the phone is getting hotter than before...
That's why I did a rollback and installed all new MM, like it came from a store, to see if that'd help but nothing...

drisena

Aug 11, 2016
My phone had battery drain when I disabled google backup transport.

I don't use google backup. Everything is disabled, but since I enabled it, battery drain is gone.

ZeusftW97

Nov 14, 2013
Usa
meettomy.site
Went to sleep at 4:00am and my phone had 90% od battery and woke up at 11:45am and I had 43% battery. Thats 47% battery drain over night.
HELP? :(
I also installed gsam battery monitor and combined app cpu was the highest battery drainer with 76%...

Maybe to try deleting EVERYTHING from TWRP and flash a zip file of emui 4.1? If thats better than a normal factory reset I would try that too, because factory reset didnt solved my problem...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170430-114948.png
    Screenshot_20170430-114948.png
    253 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:

Usama707

May 31, 2015
Rawalpindi
I have the same issue on B360.
Phone Idle in Hardware Section and Android OS in software drains alot during standby. Android OS keeps the system awake.

mchtt

Jun 12, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22
Hey guys, i found a bug with wifi i think, i tried with latest LOS, RR, OMNI and SLIM roms (meticulus)
I found that in my case, the battery drain comes from the wifi not turning off when the phone is asleep, regardless any saving options i tick.
I discovered it while checking my wifi router, i saw my phone listed but it was un plugged from charger and locked.
I unlocked my phone and surprise, the wifi icon was already here full and ready :) now i'm searching a rom without those issues as i'm sure it did not do that when i flashed my first roms on this device (CM13 i think)

can some of you guys double check this issue so i can know if it's related to my device only ?

Last edited:

ZeusftW97

Nov 14, 2013
Usa
meettomy.site
Hey guys, i found a bug with wifi i think, i tried with latest LOS, RR, OMNI and SLIM roms (meticulus)
I found that in my case, the battery drain comes from the wifi not turning off when the phone is asleep, regardless any saving options i tick.
I discovered it while checking my wifi router, i saw my phone listed but it was un plugged from charger and locked.
I unlocked my phone and surprise, the wifi icon was already here full and ready :) now i'm searching a rom without those issues as i'm sure it did not do that when i flashed my first roms on this device (CM13 i think)

can some of you guys double check this issue so i can know if it's related to my device only ?

I didnt had something like that while I was using b371. When I turned the Wi-Fi off it was off.
In my case I think that there is something screwed up with the mobile network and causing battery drain and warming up the phone...
Maybe I will try a new rom, to see if the problem will be still there.

T

TheOneWhoSpeaks

Phone Manager-Battery-Settings-Keep wifi while sleeping.

ZeusftW97

Nov 14, 2013
Usa
meettomy.site
Installed MM again yesterday, rooted the phone and installed Better Battery Stats and here are the results after the night. I had a battery drain of 30% over night.

Here are the results of the BBS.
A solution?
http://imgur.com/a/OcdE7
(Scroll down for more screenshots)

7hit

May 2, 2017
hi, I have similar problem, during night 10-15 percent of battery drained.

i think the cause is either the google account sync, some google apps or google backup functionality.

according to power manager, the phone is awake and also OS has the most percentage in consumption.

i dont have root, do someone figure that out or at least found out the reason?

thx

ZeusftW97

Nov 14, 2013
Usa
meettomy.site
hi, I have similar problem, during night 10-15 percent of battery drained.

i think the cause is either the google account sync, some google apps or google backup functionality.

according to power manager, the phone is awake and also OS has the most percentage in consumption.

i dont have root, do someone figure that out or at least found out the reason?

thx

I fixed my issue by changing the mobile network to 2G/3G, not using the 4G and for some reason that was causing some problems with the battery drainage.

I rooted the phone and installed Better Battery Stats (which is working with non-rooted phones but using adb) but I couldn't make it work so I rooted the phone only for that, to see what was draining my battery so much with a lot of help of @pilgrim011.
If you have a problem with the 4G as I mentioned before, try disabling it and check the results after.

And I don't think that google's backup and sync apps were causing drainage because they obviously need an internet to work, or to back things up to be simple. If I am not wrong, haha.

Hope you'll find a fix for your problem.

7hit

May 2, 2017
Ok so i am back, and have bad news. But at least i am seeing a pattern in behavior.

Last evening i charged phone to max, before sleep ir was ok - android os little drain, android apps bigger.

After night the battery dropped from 97 to 79%, like last time i charged to max, the system was awake regurarly and all drained by android os.... i only happens during tje first night, do you have any ideas?

Top Liked Posts