Question High battery drain

Search This thread

boober78

• Mar 4, 2009
    Luxembourg
    www.maciek.photos
    Hi guys. I am rocking CN version of Mi11 Ultra 12/256. It's currently on stable 12.0.10. i have allowed the application for notification and set up the system in my way to be usable by uninstalling most of the chinese ops that i was able to. Now, i can see that the battery drains abnormally it seems that the phone doesn't go to deep sleep. The second highest usage stats is android system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-21-08-48-37-967_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
      Screenshot_2021-04-21-08-48-37-967_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
      408.4 KB · Views: 190

boober78

• Mar 4, 2009
    Luxembourg
    www.maciek.photos
    I'm also looking at that graphic, it doesn't seem like Battery Drain is much at all. The phone has been active for 8 hours and it's around 80%? Doesn't seem bad to me.

Screen and Android System are the commonly the two most battery drainers if nothing else is cpu intensive.
    Thanks for the input BTW, I'll definitely check wakelock. Maybe it's just me, but it seems it's draining in my eyes.

Jhonxs

• Apr 15, 2013
    20% overnight is indeed too much... Might it had something to do with the debloat ? Did you uninstalled the Chinese aps via the getapp store or ADB ( disable or remove )?
    After I upgraded to 12.0.13 my battery did drain a bit faster the very first couple of hours. ( background optimizations i Guess ).
    Today I updated OTA to 12.5.
    We'll see how this goes .

Good luck to you !

Reactions: speedtripler

Jhonxs

• Apr 15, 2013
    Last night with everything on as during the day ( Bluetooth, wifi, mobile data, gps, nfc, etc ) it drained only 4%.
    For me it's a new record

boober78

• Mar 4, 2009
    Luxembourg
    www.maciek.photos
    20% overnight is indeed too much... Might it had something to do with the debloat ? Did you uninstalled the Chinese aps via the getapp store or ADB ( disable or remove )?
    After I upgraded to 12.0.13 my battery did drain a bit faster the very first couple of hours. ( background optimizations i Guess ).

Good luck to you !
    I uninstalled some chinese apps traditionally, so didn't use ADB download method.

Jhonxs

• Apr 15, 2013
    Is the same that i did when i got my phone.
    I went in the getapps store ( xiaomi store ) and uninstalled everything that i could there :)

Maibe you have some other software then installed , that isn't perfectly optimized.
    My best advice is to go ahead and clear the full data for ALL the aps you are using ( including google playstore and the related services )
    Also you can try to keeps the phone plugged during a night or two ( without touching it :) )
    As i read somewhere, if the system sees that it has full battery and is plugged in after a while ( more than 20 min or so ) will start the optimizations of apps/general system ( otherwise it will try to do the optimizations during the day when it's in standby and above certain battery level )

I had some success doing this on my mi9 with xiaomi.eu, but in that case the rom version had a known battery drain :(

Do you have the miui optimizations disabled ( i left it enabled and haven't touched it ).
    Have no issues with batter drain so far.

Good luck and keep us posted !

panda24z

Feb 29, 2012
    Did you ever fix the issue with the high battery drainage? I got my global unit last Friday (running 12.0.1) and I feel like I'm seeing a similar thing. Wanted to see what other users were averaging for screen on time. Is around 5hours of SOT with 120Hz and WQHD+ enabled decent?

boober78

• Mar 4, 2009
    Luxembourg
    www.maciek.photos
    Did you ever fix the issue with the high battery drainage? I got my global unit last Friday (running 12.0.1) and I feel like I'm seeing a similar thing. Wanted to see what other users were averaging for screen on time. Is around 5hours of SOT with 120Hz and WQHD+ enabled decent?
    I did, bu flashing EU rom :) 5hours SOT with both options turned on is decent. And recharging the bat takes minutes

phibersg

• Mar 16, 2016
    Same.. i am on global with 12.0.6.

Batt drain is very bad, overnight, from 100% at 1am to 88% at 8am.
    i have scheduled batt saver to turn on.

i am getting average 4 to 5+ SOT with 90hz and wqhd,

Reactions: panda24z

Jhonxs

• Apr 15, 2013
    If it would happen to me i would check every app behavior closely ( battery app and maybe a third party battery monitor like accubattery that i'm using ), see if i find anything suspicious and if nothing is out of the ordinary i would do a complete reset, reinstall again and if this doesn't work, install xiaomi.eu stable at the very least .

But that's just me :)

on a side note, on my china unit when i was on the 12.0 the experience was not so great...
    As soon as the 12.5 update came i could see a major improvement.
    So maybe have a bit more patience until 12.5 will launch for global versions as well, all tough china will always be ahead in terms of improvement...which leads me to xiaomi.eu, again.

phibersg

• Mar 16, 2016
    If it would happen to me i would check every app behavior closely ( battery app and maybe a third party battery monitor like accubattery that i'm using ), see if i find anything suspicious and if nothing is out of the ordinary i would do a complete reset, reinstall again and if this doesn't work, install xiaomi.eu stable at the very least .

But that's just me :)

on a side note, on my china unit when i was on the 12.0 the experience was not so great...
    As soon as the 12.5 update came i could see a major improvement.
    So maybe have a bit more patience until 12.5 will launch for global versions as well, all tough china will always be ahead in terms of improvement...which leads me to xiaomi.eu, again.
    i had the 12.5 CN rom on the mi 10 ultra, it was bad, notifications were delayed or not coming in at all until i opened the app, like whatsapp.
    it was working fine in 12.0

that is why i decided to go back to global rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I did, bu flashing EU rom :) 5hours SOT with both options turned on is decent. And recharging the bat takes minutes
      I'm also looking at that graphic, it doesn't seem like Battery Drain is much at all. The phone has been active for 8 hours and it's around 80%? Doesn't seem bad to me.

Screen and Android System are the commonly the two most battery drainers if nothing else is cpu intensive.

Good luck to you !
      Same.. i am on global with 12.0.6.

Batt drain is very bad, overnight, from 100% at 1am to 88% at 8am.
      i have scheduled batt saver to turn on.

i am getting average 4 to 5+ SOT with 90hz and wqhd,