• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question High battery usage? Even when I'm sleeping?

Search This thread
The device is new, has only 2 weeks of use and I've updated it to MiUi 12.5.6 (RKLEUXM). My use is very moderate, some videos, social network just for conversations and only wi-fi connection. After the update, I noticed high battery usage even when I'm sleeping with all connections turned off. Obviously there is some battery thief, but it only appears in the graph as "smartphone services", this is not normal. Any idea?

I can even feel the phone a little warm around the cameras when I'm using it for basic stuff.
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Something(s) are running in the background.
Try putting into Safe mode at night to rule out 3rd party apps.
Track down the culprits and deal with each on a case by case basis.

Reactions: winoles
I have this device since August 27th, after setting it up, I started optimizing it, restricted background use for a lot of apps, well, everything that could be disabled or restricted, I only gave free pass to apps I consider important, but, the reults were really bad, 17% of overnight drain! Long story short, the optimization must be done very carefully, trying to stop all kind of things might prove negative, by trial and error, I now get a good battery life, now it barely consumes 1% in 8-9 hrs idling at night, aod off, wifi on, gps on, so, try to optimize your device carefully

Reactions: blackhawk

valvendex

Oct 14, 2021
I have this device since August 27th, after setting it up, I started optimizing it, restricted background use for a lot of apps, well, everything that could be disabled or restricted, I only gave free pass to apps I consider important, but, the reults were really bad, 17% of overnight drain! Long story short, the optimization must be done very carefully, trying to stop all kind of things might prove negative, by trial and error, I now get a good battery life, now it barely consumes 1% in 8-9 hrs idling at night, aod off, wifi on, gps on, so, try to optimize your device carefully
Hi,

Did you single out what was the culrpit. I have disabled every non essential app, tried this solution: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/improving-battery-life-on-miui-12.4139913/
But nothing helps. It only shows that android system is drawing power.
I will be glad if you could point what you made to fix your phone :)

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
If there is any Firewall that can log with the newer "secure" OS's you can use that to help pinpoint the rogue apk(s).

With Pie I use Karma Firewall but it's logging feature doesn't starting with 10.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Meh, I hear that. It's to the point I got a second new 10+ while they're still available. They are the last of the stock devices running on Q.
I won't touch 11 or 12. Funny thing is it doesn't run like an outdated dinosaur.
Been a real bad year for Android...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Did you single out what was the culrpit. I have disabled every non essential app, tried this solution: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/improving-battery-life-on-miui-12.4139913/
    After doing everything I could think of, the AOD seems to be the culprit, even thoug I really like it, when disabling it, overnight battery consumption lowered to 1% in a 7 hrs period
    Thank you for the fast reply. I already had it disabled, but with no positive result.
    Thank you, nonetheless.
    No, to achieve this low bat comsuption, I disabled miui optimizations, then, the option for aod is on or off, no more settings, I really like the aod, but the drain while idling drives me nuts... I painfully miss my galaxy note 10+.....
    Meh, I hear that. It's to the point I got a second new 10+ while they're still available. They are the last of the stock devices running on Q.
    I won't touch 11 or 12. Funny thing is it doesn't run like an outdated dinosaur.
    Been a real bad year for Android...
    Something(s) are running in the background.
    Try putting into Safe mode at night to rule out 3rd party apps.
    Track down the culprits and deal with each on a case by case basis.
    Hi,

After doing everything I could think of, the AOD seems to be the culprit, even thoug I really like it, when disabling it, overnight battery consumption lowered to 1% in a 7 hrs period
    Thank you for the fast reply. I already had it disabled, but with no positive result.
    Thank you, nonetheless.
    No, to achieve this low bat comsuption, I disabled miui optimizations, then, the option for aod is on or off, no more settings, I really like the aod, but the drain while idling drives me nuts... I painfully miss my galaxy note 10+.....