Question High compression of jpgs and even DNG/RAW

Search This thread

dazed1

Jul 24, 2013
Being a high end phone i find this unacceptable, for example the 11U constantly takes 25MB dng, while the 12SU is around 6-8, knowing the resolving ability of this great sensor and more then decent lens, i'm pretty sure there is some information loss in the process, what was Xiaomi thinking into doing this on super high end camera hardware?

Any way to solve this, or contact Xiaomi to suggest to add option to turn reduce compression? is there any Xiaomi member from the dev team on XDA?

Nabicook

Jul 26, 2022
South Korea
Being a high end phone i find this unacceptable, for example the 11U constantly takes 25MB dng, while the 12SU is around 6-8, knowing the resolving ability of this great sensor and more then decent lens, i'm pretty sure there is some information loss in the process, what was Xiaomi thinking into doing this on super high end camera hardware?

Any way to solve this, or contact Xiaomi to suggest to add option to turn reduce compression? is there any Xiaomi member from the dev team on XDA?
12su's dng works for 12mp. thus averaging 6-8mb
12su's 50mp mode in stock photo app results 25mb jpeg.
you can check yourself a resolution difference.
maybe a software glitch to be fixed.

BlackSoulxxx

Feb 19, 2014
This phone have this lossless compression of DNG (and JPEG compressed), you could disable that by change the default prop from 1 to 0
Code:
persist.sys.dng.compression.enable=1
I havent test that, may not affect the compression at all. Try on your own