• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question High temperature ~ Low battery life?

Search This thread

Ozozuz

Mar 16, 2015
Hello guys, i recently bought the Mi11, this is my first flagship phone (at least in terms of hardware) and i'm not used to a soc like the 888 that require this much juice.
Since the beginning i noticed that the battery wasn't so great, in particular the drain was quite high (almost 1.5%-2%/h even if completely untouched) and the phone tends to get quite high even with extremely light use (telegram, whatsapp, youtube at most), however i don't have a reference of what should be considered hot for this kind of phone and i initially assumed something was wrong with my battery.

Do you mind sharing the temperature of your battery during those very light scenario? Just chatting on telegram and similar?
Yesterday with around 22t.amb i reached 35C just by chatting on telegram!
At the same time. temperature during benchmarks like antutu seems fine...
AE07nm2.png
motEtRs.png

Ozozuz

Mar 16, 2015
Same issues for me, awful battery life, i must settle with 60Hz FHD+, and it is ALWAYS hot, whatever i'm doing, it get warm.
I honestly don't know, a friends of mine is telling me that the range 30-35C is more than fine for this phone during extra light work but i'm not sure.
What temps are you talking about?

Ozozuz

Mar 16, 2015

Lucavon

Jan 28, 2018
Hannover
lcvn.eu
Thanks, i will try to follow it for sure!
However mine was more a temperature-related question.
Make sure you read the comments before doing it. Some components I would consider important core components are being removed by some of their commands. Make sure you consider the implications before copying any commands from there - one of the commands listed in their thread would probably make your NFC nonfunctional, for example.

Reactions: Ozozuz

Asnamus

Apr 7, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11
I don't use NFC and yes as I stated you don't need to implement all of the settings and choose what suits your need. And this will solve your temperature problem. As it did solve mine.

Reactions: Ozozuz

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Running warm all the time with high standby/idle current draw means you're needlessly prematurely trashing the battery.
Find the power hogs and tone them down.

Anything that's polling the internet every minute at idle needs to dealt with; that's one way to find the offenders. Karma Firewall uses almost no battery and is freeware. Unfortunately it's logging feature won't work on Q and above. Perhaps there an ADB workaround, don't know as I'm still running on Pie.

Goggle Play Services, Google Backup Transport, Framework and any cloud apk are prime offenders. Disable these as needed well as Google Firebase unless you want bloody Google to inventory your database!
Disable all carrier, manufacturer and Google feedback.
FB, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram etc... ditch this trashware (you were warned).

Ozozuz

Mar 16, 2015
I'm appreciating all those advice guys, i don't want to be rude but again, my question is much more temperature related than battery related.
I still don't know if what i'm having should be considered normal for a flagship phone (in particular with such a ****ty soc like the 888) or not.
:)

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I'm appreciating all those advice guys, i don't want to be rude but again, my question is much more temperature related than battery related.
I still don't know if what i'm having should be considered normal for a flagship phone (in particular with such a ****ty soc like the 888) or not.
:)
It's not normal on an optimized phone unless doing a cpu intensive task ie some games, malware scanners etc.
If a you have apks using massive amounts (enough to warm it) of cpu cycles doing nothing constructive it's killing the overall performance needlessly. Using cpu cycles and probably internet bandwidth as well.

If it's running warm when idling... you got power hogs🤣

Mar 1, 2021
Actually, what blackhawk is saying, i agree with that 100%. Those are the batt consumers. This is an issue since android 9. Your heating comes from the google framework and services.

However, i do not agree on the part that this is not normal. Why? Simple, every phone with the newest just-released-hardware has this heating problem, based in the android framework. I have seen this with my phones all the time, oneplus 6t a lot of trouble, xiaomi mi 9, oppo, and even samsung. The software and the framework is just not fully ready to be launched and actually takes a while for the company to solve it. All the phones i mentioned were bought on the release and all was fixed by fixing the google framework, no more random heating or batt drops.

Reactions: RoughNeck1971

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks, i will try to follow it for sure!
    However mine was more a temperature-related question.
    Make sure you read the comments before doing it. Some components I would consider important core components are being removed by some of their commands. Make sure you consider the implications before copying any commands from there - one of the commands listed in their thread would probably make your NFC nonfunctional, for example.
    I don't use NFC and yes as I stated you don't need to implement all of the settings and choose what suits your need. And this will solve your temperature problem. As it did solve mine.
    Actually, what blackhawk is saying, i agree with that 100%. Those are the batt consumers. This is an issue since android 9. Your heating comes from the google framework and services.

However, i do not agree on the part that this is not normal. Why? Simple, every phone with the newest just-released-hardware has this heating problem, based in the android framework. I have seen this with my phones all the time, oneplus 6t a lot of trouble, xiaomi mi 9, oppo, and even samsung. The software and the framework is just not fully ready to be launched and actually takes a while for the company to solve it. All the phones i mentioned were bought on the release and all was fixed by fixing the google framework, no more random heating or batt drops.