HIGHLIGHT: Froyo on .29 kernel!

Search This thread

mardurhack

Nov 3, 2009
I decided to put this in development section to be sure that EVERY cooker sees it! In the dream's zone they've already ported an almost fully-functional froyo! And guess what...IT RUNS ON .29 KERNEL! Does it mean that all the drivers for eclair will work with froyo too? I'm not really sure about it but I suppose you're all waiting for the complete rom are you? Then you will modify it to run on Hero? I really hope so...By the way here the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=686105

I thought it might be useful to some developer that has not enough time to take a look to other sections of the forum ;) And, in my honest opinion, I think eclair development should be stopped in favor of froyo...That's all folks!

ddotpatel

Mar 10, 2010
Leeds, UK
Since a lot of Android users is Sense whores (including myself) i second that as well. But i think i will be ready to move on as soon as a stable Froyo cook is available.

Nice find. Looks like they've got further than the CDMA guys. Wonder how Benhaam is getting on.

Apologies in advance if I'v got your name wrong bruv, iv seen so many spellings of it over the last few days.

~David

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto
Since a lot of Android users is Sense whores (including myself) i second that as well. But i think i will be ready to move on as soon as a stable Froyo cook is available.

By "I second that" I mean I Agree with it :p

Apologies in advance if I'v got your name wrong bruv, iv seen so many spellings of it over the last few days.

It is benhaam, and this reminds me of... [skip to 1:31]

:D

RaduG

Apr 3, 2010
London
After I fix all the bugs in VanillaEclair 3.0, I will draw my attention on Froyo. So for those who are waiting for Froyo, count on me!

gensplejs

Sep 14, 2008
Århus
Please have some patience

Well, camera isnt working on G1... Same as running 2.1 with .27 kernel... Dont get your hopes up!
Come on man give it some time.
The current builds are based on the SDK or the nexus one ota or a mix of those.
Wait till google releases the source to git and see what happens.

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
I have already ported Froyo since day 1 (sdk), but useability was very low.
I'll have a look at the nexus build and make a hybrid, since looks like it's the most successful atm.

dipje

Oct 27, 2006
I decided to put this in development section to be sure that EVERY cooker sees it! In the dream's zone they've already ported an almost fully-functional froyo! And guess what...IT RUNS ON .29 KERNEL! Does it mean that all the drivers for eclair will work with froyo too? I'm not really sure about it but I suppose you're all waiting for the complete rom are you? Then you will modify it to run on Hero? I really hope so...

It was already clear that Froyo will work with the .29 kernel.

The earliest builds where used with the emulator-images in the SDK that got released (like adwinp did). Nothing too functional, but fun to play with for a bit.

Chefs could work with porting the officially released Nexus1 ROM...

.. but I guess, that they are waiting for the source to hit the official Android git's. (Is android even using git?). Trying to port a ROM for a device with different resolution and hardware isn't impossible, but compiling from official source is easier.

So if the source hits quickly (and people guess it is) they can compile from source, use a .29 kernel (which everybody is playing and testing with now) and have a pretty good functional froyo build :)

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
Here's the tethering options:

2j3ir0x.png

I made a quick and dirty port from Nexus, but still not nearly useable yet.
I'll play some more once I get some free time on my hands.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone