• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Hisense A5 Pro CC] How to root/unlock bootloader?

Search This thread

KoboldDeekin

Nov 12, 2021
Hello everyone, it's nice to meet ya all.
Are there any updates in this topic? I was wondering if I should buy the A5 Pro CC since I love the idea of an e-ink phone but this rooting problem and not being able to use some really basic apps is a real pain in the ..s if I could say that.

hrurg

Oct 30, 2021
KoboldDeekin said:
Are there any updates in this topic? I was wondering if I should buy the A5 Pro CC since I love the idea of an e-ink phone but this rooting problem and not being able to use some really basic apps is a real pain in the ..s if I could say that.
Good any time of the day!
In your case, I can only advise so far only A5 \ A5C for which there are already alternative firmware.
Or we are waiting)))

hrurg

Oct 30, 2021
Suggest to anyone with the technical skill to consider a few questions:
1. What is responsible for checking the signature in the update, the integrity of the update?
2. Where is this part of the program located and on which section of the android?
3. Can this section be deleted via Unisoc COM4?
4. Will Unisoc COM4 work after the luck in step 3?
It seems to me that in the absence of verification from the android SPD_Research_Tool will be able to write any ROM.

For my part, I can offer testing on my device.

ahmouse

Jan 18, 2022
I have some (possibly) great news for everyone! I found a public exploit that likely works on this phone and would essentially allow full RW access to the ram, including kernel space. It is possible, according to the author of the exploit, to get temp root with this, so I'll post an update once I get a working demo (hopefully in a week or two, but no promises). I don't wanna post specifics publically just yet, in case a patch is pushed out or someone takes the idea and charges for it or does something malicious with it, but if you have knowledge about OpenCL and/or the Linux kernel please message me.

It probably won't allow unlocking the bootloader, but hopefully it can be a springboard to things such as installing Google Play, uninstalling bloatware, and especially gathering more info to get a permanent root solution.

I posted here so I can get as much help as possible from developers with OpenCL or Linux kernel experience, so again please let me know if you do have experience with those

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A new tablet, for the turkish market. General Mobile e-tab 20 has the same T610 Unisoc chip in it. The thing is that there is a way to download the pac file of this tablet. I was wondering, do you guys and girls think, it would be a good idea to use the fdl files from this tablet to my a5 pro cc or Q5, in order to root it?
    Seems Hisense just released an update a few days ago and now some of the google apps work, Youtube works without a bypassing app and Google search too. Just play store still doesnt.

EDIT: Seems to stop working as soon as you login though.
    EDIT 2: After looking around more, it seems as long as you dont install Google Services Framework AT ALL apps like Google Search, Youtube and Playstore will open and work, but you won't be able to sign in. The fact that com.google.android.gms is still in the blacklist hasn't changed with the update.
    Hello
    We have the root for Hisense A5, but we know that the Hisense A5 Pro CC is a chinese Phone and it will not be probably avaiable to UE or US.
    This is an incredible phone, fast refresh color eink.
    Instead of the Hisense A5/A5c that uses SD 439 as CPU, the Hisense A5 Pro CC uses UNISOC T610 CPU.
    Any devs ould be so gentle to tell everyone who owns the phone what to do in order to provide information from the phone, for a possible Bootloader Unlock, Root, Custom Recovery, and mostly important install Google Play services and Google Play Store?

The Phone also run on VISION OS which is what is used by Hisense Smartphones. It uses special image algorithm for the "eink smartphones" they produce. If anyone is interested on porting that algorithms to make the screen work as on the stock OS into a custom os, that would be amazing!
    I just received this phone. But It cannot be unlocked by using identifier token(normal way to unlock SPD). And the official ROM of it have not been released yet.
    I had Linux and Win PC. A little bit of knowledge related to Android. By the way, this phone is running Android 10 in default.
    I could share the official ROM with you when it been published.
    I'm very glad if I could help you with anything.

And I'm interest in rooting or unlocking this phone. If you know the way to do that, I'm glad to try it.

This is not a perfect product. And the ppi of colored e-ink is very low(1/3 of normal e-ink). But it really make me feel exciting.
    I pretty want to share some images with you. But XDA could only insert the pic by URL. Could anyone share me some website could used for store my pics?
    Guys, I fear I cannot help, but I just registered to cheer you up and tell you that many of us are waiting for this to happen! So, thank you very much for the efforts!
    Looking forward to a solution hopefully :)