HiSuite Encrypted backup Help!

Search This thread

kcchan48

Jul 11, 2007
I decrypted all the files as the procedure you said but images are in .tar format and every time open it shows error like archives in unknown format or damaged i tried downloading other archives like 7 zip or win zip but solved please help regarding this problem
You need to open the tar file with 7zip eg. Images are located under the storage\MediaTar\Images of the restored folder.

extracted folder.png

kcchan48

Jul 11, 2007
i get the same error, would this all decrypt if i get the password wrong as i have a couple it could be?
7zip will 'extract' the tar file, but the files will still remain encrypted as the password is used by HiSuite to encrypt the contents. It is different from an encrypted zip/tar file, as this will prevent 7zip from opening it if the password is incorrect.

samsoum636

Jun 12, 2021
after restoring my files with hisuite he encrypted my files , so i used an another huawei mobile to restore my files unfortunatly during the process the cable deconnected when i want to restart the backup again hisuite cant locate it im stuck can anyone help me please (my graduation photos
21.gif
)

The computer cannot display previous backup
can anyone help me plz ?

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    38 KB · Views: 92
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    56.6 KB · Views: 92

MariusMorarasu

Jun 23, 2015
As the information is scattered all over, here is the latest summary of the steps to decrypt your HiSuite backup folder (thanks to all the previous contributors):
The example steps assume you are running Windows 10 64 bit and running python 3.8.6:

1. Download python windows 3.8.6 version (64 bit)
python-3.8.6-amd64.exe
or select your version here
python.org/downloads

2. Download decrypt package (64 bit and matches python version 3.8x)
pycryptodome-3.9.8-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl
or select your version here (to match the Windows/Linux 32/64 bit version and python version)
pypi.org/project/pycryptodome/#files

3. Download the decrypt python script
github.com/RealityNet/kobackupdec
eg. kobackupdec-master.zip

4. Install python
run python-3.8.6-amd64.exe
create new folder eg. d:\python38 and install

5. Install decrypt package
copy pycryptodome-3.9.8-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl to python38 folder then install as follows:

D:\Python38>py -m pip install pycryptodome-3.9.8-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl
Processing d:\python38\pycryptodome-3.9.8-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl
Installing collected packages: pycryptodome
Successfully installed pycryptodome-3.9.8

6. Copy the decrypt script to the python38 folder
kobackupdec.py

7. Decrypt the encrypted HiSuite folder eg. d:\Hisuite\HUAWEI P40 Pro_2020-06-12 19.16.10
Note: destination folder eg. f:\testrestore must be new (does not exist) and the backup_password is the password you used to encrypt the folder

D:\Python38>py -3 kobackupdec.py -vvv backup_password "d:\Hisuite\HUAWEI P40 Pro_2020-06-12 19.16.10" f:\testrestore
Hello! I did all the steps to 7. at 7 when I use the full command given with my folder destination, i get this :
(result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x96 in position 4: invalid start byte. What should I do ? Can someone please help ? I really have 17GB of data to recover. Thanks in advance !

jrdjarrold

Apr 25, 2010
As the information is scattered all over, here is the latest summary of the steps to decrypt your HiSuite backup folder (thanks to all the previous contributors):
The example steps assume you are running Windows 10 64 bit and running python 3.8.6:

python-3.8.6-amd64.exe
python.org/downloads

or select your version here (to match the Windows/Linux 32/64 bit version and python version)

4. Install python

copy pycryptodome-3.9.8-cp38-cp38-win_amd64.whl to python38 folder then install as follows:

kobackupdec.py

7. Decrypt the encrypted HiSuite folder eg. d:\Hisuite\HUAWEI P40 Pro_2020-06-12 19.16.10
Note: destination folder eg. f:\testrestore must be new (does not exist) and the backup_password is the password you used to encrypt the folder

D:\Python38>py -3 kobackupdec.py -vvv backup_password "d:\Hisuite\HUAWEI P40 Pro_2020-06-12 19.16.10" f:\testrestore

Apologies for bumping an old thread but i just wanted to give a massive THANKYOU to @kcchan48.
I've just been able to decrypt my old P20 backup file from 2020.

I had absolutely no idea what my encrypted backup file password was (i don't remember ever setting one).
After trying ~20 different passwords that I've used in the past (and variations), to no success, i was about to give up and admit defeat.
I was getting the following error: ERROR:root:KO, backup key is wrong!

I thought i give a couple of generic passwords a go 'just in case' before fully giving up.
I typed in password123 as the password, and it started to decrypt!!!!

password123 may be the default password if you didn't set a password on your backup.
I hope this helps someone else with the same issue, good luck!

sylw

Jun 22, 2022
Bonjour, Je suis désolée de venir me greffer sur ce post mais j'ai des problèmes pour pouvoir recuperer mes photos, vidéo etc d'une sauvegarde qui avait été faite en fin 2020 debut 2021 avec un ancien p20 lite. Je me retrouve avec des images Tar enc et autres fichiers en Tar enc.
Je suis nulle en informatique et serais très reconnaissante si quelqu'un pourrait m'expliquer pas à pas comment faire. J'ai téléchargé la dernière version de python mais ensuite ??? Le kobackupdec est noté etre en fin de vie, je ne sais pas si il y a quelque chose qui remplace ?
ya t'il une vidéo finalement en français pas à pas ou un tuto très très documenté s'il vous plait ?
Je ne voudrais pas perdre toutes mes photos.
1000 Merci par avance pour toute aide

Mod translation via GT:
Hello, I'm sorry to come and add myself to this post but I'm having problems recovering my photos, videos, etc. from a backup that was made in late 2020/early 2021 with an old p20 lite. I end up with Tar enc images and other Tar enc files.
I'm bad at computers and would really appreciate it if someone could walk me through it step by step. I downloaded the latest version of python but then ??? The kobackupdec is noted to be at the end of its life, I don't know if there is something to replace it?
Is there finally a video in French step by step or a very very documented tutorial please?
I don't want to lose all my photos.
1000 Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I recently used HiSuite to backup my honor 6x. When I backed-up the phone I chose to use a password to encrypt the files. The files are saved as .enc format. For example I have pictures saved as XXXXXXX.jpg.enc on my PC.
    Here is the problem:
    I lost my phone...:( And now I'm trying to go to the backup on my PC to recover my valuable contact information and pictures. How can I decrypt those .enc files and access my backup files?

Standing by for help.

Thank you!
    You just need any other huawei device to decrypt the files by restoring it.....
    You just need any other huawei device to decrypt the files by restoring it.....
    Good to know! I will try that out. Thank you!
    hi, how do i open it? i am noob sorry :D

Google for Perl, it is a programming language. You can also use my C# porting.

https://www.perl.org/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Sharp_(programming_language

python-3.8.6-amd64.exe
    python.org/downloads

4. Install python

kobackupdec.py