Hizpo Question

Search This thread

poonah

Jun 2, 2020
Good evening.

Firstly, please excuse my lack of knowledge I’m not very technically minded.

Last year I purchased a Hizpo android head unit for my BMW E90. I’m a new user but the eBay number is 283704208996

More info in the about option

HMI: BMWX1X1010.1.1 18.11.08.13.23
MCU: GS801.151211(86)
MEDIA: MMP.2015.9.16.14.2
NKV: A10.2.0 2018.11.08.0934

I’ve always had a few niggly issues with it that I just left because I didn’t think they could be sorted. But then I found this forum and hopefully one of your clever clogs can help :)

1. I cannot for the life of me get the DAB to work. I purchased a universal adapter but it just won’t recognise it in. The adapter did come with additional software which I put on an SD card and in the slot to no avail.

2. The SD card only reads picture, audio and video files. It will not find or read any APK files.

3. AppleCarplay dongle. I have one due tomorrow but fear from my lack of DAB working I will encounter a similar issue. The USB port I have is USB2. USB1 doesn’t seem to exist as I only have 1 port. It has power running to it as I can charge my phone off of it and play music from a USB stick. I read the dongle requires additional software installing but how can I if I cannot get the unit to read APKs?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Stay safe.

P

RuNcAyS

Sep 13, 2020
Good evening.

Firstly, please excuse my lack of knowledge I’m not very technically minded.

Last year I purchased a Hizpo android head unit for my BMW E90. I’m a new user but the eBay number is 283704208996

More info in the about option

HMI: BMWX1X1010.1.1 18.11.08.13.23
MCU: GS801.151211(86)
MEDIA: MMP.2015.9.16.14.2
NKV: A10.2.0 2018.11.08.0934

I’ve always had a few niggly issues with it that I just left because I didn’t think they could be sorted. But then I found this forum and hopefully one of your clever clogs can help :)

1. I cannot for the life of me get the DAB to work. I purchased a universal adapter but it just won’t recognise it in. The adapter did come with additional software which I put on an SD card and in the slot to no avail.

2. The SD card only reads picture, audio and video files. It will not find or read any APK files.

3. AppleCarplay dongle. I have one due tomorrow but fear from my lack of DAB working I will encounter a similar issue. The USB port I have is USB2. USB1 doesn’t seem to exist as I only have 1 port. It has power running to it as I can charge my phone off of it and play music from a USB stick. I read the dongle requires additional software installing but how can I if I cannot get the unit to read APKs?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Stay safe.

P

Ref

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone