• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Hizpo will only turn on with ignition on

Search This thread

Tuborg68

Jan 3, 2011
Hi all!
Dunno if this is the right forum for my question. If not please excuse me and point me right.
So here it goes: just installed a Hizpo (I think it's called) bought on AliExpress. Vehicle is a Fiat Ducato 2012 camper.
I think I got the harness right, soldered to an ISO connector that connects to the vehicle contact.
Everything works as expected and looks and sounds good!
But: the unit will only turn on when the ignition key is on.
But I would like to be able to turn it short periods on while we're standing still without ignition on (and lights, fan etc running).
Is this normal behaviour for Android units?
Is there any fix/workaround?
Thanks for any input!

Skickat från min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk

velocity4

May 6, 2017
Hi. This is how all car radios work. Unless your car has retained power after ignition is off its going to turn off. You could put in a manual switch, just don’t forget to turn it off;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbizzness

Jan 7, 2011
The other option is to make it permanently live.
Join together the red and yellow wires and make sure they are connected to a permanent live feed. If you make it permanently live you can access the unit anytime you want with out having to insert the key in ignition. But remember to turn it off to stop your battery from going flat.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tuborg68

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The other option is to make it permanently live.
    Join together the red and yellow wires and make sure they are connected to a permanent live feed. If you make it permanently live you can access the unit anytime you want with out having to insert the key in ignition. But remember to turn it off to stop your battery from going flat.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk