HK1/Vontar x4/Transpeed x4 [Android] | [TV Box][Amlogic s905x4]

Search This thread

iagv

Jul 31, 2021
Hi,

I recently bought a Transpeed X4 android box (Amlogic s905x4, 4/128GB). It's great, but I have a problem. The HBO Max app has no sound. If anyone knows how to set up the device I would greatly appreciate it. P.S. I tried all the instructions I could find online. YouTube and Netflix (sideloaded) work fine.
The same problem for X96 X4. The issue seems to be that my box actually does not report Dolby formats supported, and HBOMax requires it, as there is no way to enable downconvert from the app. Actually my box does not have an option to bitstream passthrough and AV received only gets PCM format from YT, or other players.

In general I think is a limitation problem from the FW on these devices. I have not found any possible way to enable it.... not sure if possible to install the Magkisk Dolby pkg and if that would help at all... it is only thing I have not tried

CALARGON

Jul 31, 2022
Hi, I'll tell you about my experience. I started having this problem after a few months of using this tv box, looking for solutions, it turned out changing the firmware to Slimbox TV and in advanced audio options enable HDMI output, I had done this before without results, but with Slimbox TV it worked.

CALARGON

Jul 31, 2022
Before making this change, I had HBO Max running through Kodi with an addon.
But the presentation is very poor

iagv

Jul 31, 2021
Hi, I'll tell you about my experience. I started having this problem after a few months of using this tv box, looking for solutions, it turned out changing the firmware to Slimbox TV and in advanced audio options enable HDMI output, I had done this before without results, but with Slimbox TV it worked.
Your box is the Transpeed or X96x4? Wondering if someone has tried Slim on the X96x4 1gb lan

seipy

Aug 12, 2022
Could you please tell us more.
I have Transpeed X4 and I've instaled SlimboxTV and in Disney+ and HBO Max didn't played sound. After upgrading Magisk, Disney+ started working but HBO didn't. I've tried put on all hdmi settings, but nothing works :(
ps: with magisk it instaled ViPER4Android FX, maybe this was responsible for Disney+ started playing sound? Is here someone who knows?

CALARGON

Jul 31, 2022
Could you please tell us more.
I have Transpeed X4 and I've instaled SlimboxTV and in Disney+ and HBO Max didn't played sound. After upgrading Magisk, Disney+ started working but HBO didn't. I've tried put on all hdmi settings, but nothing works :(
ps: with magisk it instaled ViPER4Android FX, maybe this was responsible for Disney+ started playing sound? Is here someone who knows?

Hola, mi felicidad se desvanecio un poco cuando me di cuenta que no todos los titulos se reproducen con audio, no se porque unos los reproducen con audio y otros no. Instalar el complemento en HBO MAX KODI, es más seguro.

Mod Translation via GT: Hello, my happiness faded a bit when I realized that not all titles are played with audio, I don't know why some play them with audio and others don't. Install the addon on HBO MAX KODI, it is safer.

Merimarg

Aug 15, 2022
Hi,
Are there any firmware (HK1/Vontar x4/Transpeed x4)
for Kodi with PCM,Dolby Atmos,DTS X sound and HDR 10+ playback?

marathmartin

Aug 8, 2016
Hi. I´m thinking about buying some chinese tv android box. Was thinking about the transpeed X4 but read some terrible reviews on amazon.com about auto reboot because overheating and so on. Here https://www.amazon.com/Upgrade-Android-Support-LAN1000M-Keyboard/dp/B09SLRW5SD .

But them I read this tread and think that maybe a firmware update with custom rom can make it a better box.

So the older box is this https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4001...0o.store_pc_home.productList_1231787306.pic_2 and the X4 is this https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005...e.slider_2003168426596.0&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

Can you give me some advice? What should I buy and what has better roms to install in? Or do you recommend another.

I appreciate any help.

Best regards and thank you all.

LITUATUI

Jun 3, 2021
Hi. I´m thinking about buying some chinese tv android box. Was thinking about the transpeed X4 but read some terrible reviews on amazon.com about auto reboot because overheating and so on. Here https://www.amazon.com/Upgrade-Android-Support-LAN1000M-Keyboard/dp/B09SLRW5SD .

But them I read this tread and think that maybe a firmware update with custom rom can make it a better box.

So the older box is this https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4001041599593.html?pdp_npi=2@dis!EUR!€ 46,10!€ 32,27!!!!!@2101e9cf16637070138693199e4ade!10000013713699549!sh&spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.productList_1231787306.pic_2 and the X4 is this https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005003620375696.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_allProduct.8148356.5.843f3f31MNyzrP&pdp_npi=2@dis!USD!US $59.49!US $47.59!!!!!@210838fa16584753282922051ed18b!12000026525044652!sh&spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.slider_2003168426596.0&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

Can you give me some advice? What should I buy and what has better roms to install in? Or do you recommend another.

I appreciate any help.

Best regards and thank you all.

Get the Transpeed X4 and install slimBOXtv (ATV version). Super happy with mine.

Reactions: marathmartin

marathmartin

Aug 8, 2016
Get the Transpeed X4 and install slimBOXtv (ATV version). Super happy with mine.
Thank you for your advice.

That is the more expensive. To me it´s not very easy :) . Do you think it really worth the more 20€ compared with the older Transpeed
Cpu: rockchip quad-core 64bit Cortex-A53 Gpu: Mali-450MP2?

Thanks to this great forum I rooted and install custom roms in lots of galaxys, both phones an tabs via Odin. But never flash an android box. Is there any good tutorial you recommend?

Thanks again.​

LITUATUI

Jun 3, 2021
Right now I only recommend tvboxs with the Amlogic SoCs S905W2 (A35 cores) and S905X4 (A55 cores). Both are super efficient (12 nm lithography process) and can play the new free video codec AV1, already adopted by YouTube and NetFlix.

I bought two more Transpeed X4 boxes (4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal memory) to give to family members. Each costed around 58 euros. Buy from AliExpress, it's cheaper than Amazon.

marathmartin

Aug 8, 2016
Right now I only recommend tvboxs with the Amlogic SoCs S905W2 (A35 cores) and S905X4 (A55 cores). Both are super efficient (12 nm lithography process) and can play the new free video codec AV1, already adopted by YouTube and NetFlix.

I bought two more Transpeed X4 boxes (4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal memory) to give to family members. Each costed around 58 euros. Buy from AliExpress, it's cheaper than Amazon.
Thank you. I will do that. Can you show me some good tutorial on how to flash slimboxTv (atv version) to it?

marathmartin

Aug 8, 2016
The official website has a tutorial here. It's in Russian, but you can use your Internet browser to translate it to English. You need a USB cable male to male like this one.
I suppose you use Amlogic USB Burning Tool v3.2.0 , right? The translation from Russian to English in tutorial is not very famous . But the images help.

Do you backup for recover from bad flash, like in android phones with TWRP with the twrp slimhouse aml version 3.5.2?

How can I enter the stock recover mode to install TWRP?

The apps backup with titanium is needed?

Sorry for so many question but the first time is always the first time, and the tutorial is not the best.

LITUATUI

Jun 3, 2021
I suppose you use Amlogic USB Burning Tool v3.2.0 , right? The translation from Russian to English in tutorial is not very famous . But the images help.

Do you backup for recover from bad flash, like in android phones with TWRP with the twrp slimhouse aml version 3.5.2?

How can I enter the stock recover mode to install TWRP?

The apps backup with titanium is needed?

Sorry for so many question but the first time is always the first time, and the tutorial is not the best.

Yes, I do use the latest version of USB Burning Tool.

As far as I know there is not TWRP recovery available yet for S905X4 SoC.

For backups I use Neo Backup. It's great to quickly restore my apps to a new tvbox.

Top Liked Posts