HK1/Vontar x4/Transpeed x4 [Android] | [TV Box][Amlogic s905x4]

Search This thread

tiagao_extremo

Jan 8, 2014
Just got this device yesterday (Vontar X4). Should i just install slimbox firmware right away? What is the difference between AOSP or ATV versions?

Brian0580

Nov 25, 2022
Hello,

I just got a Transpeed X4 and want to run a Linux desktop on it. So I just found out that Armbian doesn't support the S905x4 :oops: . Does anyone have any success running (any) Linux desktop on the X4?

Thank you!

mp3k

Dec 3, 2022
The same problem for X96 X4. The issue seems to be that my box actually does not report Dolby formats supported, and HBOMax requires it, as there is no way to enable downconvert from the app. Actually my box does not have an option to bitstream passthrough and AV received only gets PCM format from YT, or other players.

In general I think is a limitation problem from the FW on these devices. I have not found any possible way to enable it.... not sure if possible to install the Magkisk Dolby pkg and if that would help at all... it is only thing I have not tried

I had same issue with hbo max on x96x4 ,, with wirelless debugging (adb) i have modified /vendor/etc/audio_policy_configuration.xml following way, In xml tag <mixPort name="compress offload"><profile channelMasks="AUDIO_CHANNEL_*"> i have removed everything more than _STEREO, for example after editing "ac3 raw" looks like
<profile name="ac3 raw" format="AUDIO_FORMAT_AC3"
samplingRates="32000,44100,48000"
channelMasks="AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_MONO,AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO,AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_MONO"/>

tiagao_extremo

Jan 8, 2014
Hi, anyone here who installed the slimbox firmware for this device could help me? I've already installed the drivers, the amlogic burning device tool, but it's not working. I tried with an usb 2.0 and 3.0 port, different usb cables, but nothing happens when i connect the tv box to my computer before flashing the firmware.

seipy

Aug 12, 2022
Hi, anyone here who installed the slimbox firmware for this device could help me? I've already installed the drivers, the amlogic burning device tool, but it's not working. I tried with an usb 2.0 and 3.0 port, different usb cables, but nothing happens when i connect the tv box to my computer before flashing the firmware.
You must use usb 2.0 and you must hold button that is hidden in jack connector before you connect it to computer and hold it until computer successfully connects it. If not try it few more times.

tiagao_extremo

Jan 8, 2014
You must use usb 2.0 and you must hold button that is hidden in jack connector before you connect it to computer and hold it until computer successfully connects it. If not try it few more times.
Hi, no luck with this. You also own a Vontar X4? Nothing happens when i connect the device to my PC with a USB 2.0 port, and when i press the reset button the device just stays stuck in an android screen with the typical recovery options.

Robo909

Sep 7, 2007
I want to install the TWRP in my Amlogic S905X4. I have successfully installed the slimbox firmware. But i cant able to unlock the boot loader. The device is not connected with pc. But I always get the device in the amalogic burn tool. But in adb there is no device. What should i do

Welberth

Feb 28, 2017
Helo good night everyone, could someone please explain to me why these box use android in the 32bit version being that the processor supports x64? is there any Firmware made in x64?

Xavi0011

Feb 9, 2023
Hello good afternoon.
In August-2022 I bought this Transpeed X4 from Aliexpress (https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005....0.0.1fcd7a9dMpwXgo&mp=1&gatewayAdapt=glo2esp)
All the time has worked properly, but since yesterday the device does not give the time (HH:MM) in the front panel, and does not switch on when I press the proper button in the remote control.
Always the red light is on, and does not dissapear when I try to switch on from the remote control.
I have changed the remote control USB connector to the other USB port (the blue one), but there is the same problem.
I have opened the device, and I have pressed the reset button which is located behind the AV connector (when the power were connected), but the device does not react.
Also I have cleaned the motherboard with alcohol (with the power disconnected), but still the same problem.
I would be very grateful if you could give me some help about this problem.
Thank you very much.

Trught

Jan 13, 2015
I have Vontar X4, with slimbox 11.5, work very good, only issues I have:
1. HBO Max crashing at loading logo, older versions don't have launch icon, only possible run is over setting, (very annoying process).
2. Bluetooth pairing and reconnecting headphones is unstable, at older version 16.4 works better.
3. Pictue-in-Picture(PiP), or minimized playback, works but not react to mouse actions, like move or click to expand.

jmat2240

Jul 27, 2012
I usually don't post often but I just wanted to add my experience with flashing this device using the USB Burning Tool.

I purchased the HK1RBOX on Amazon, which looks synonymous with the Vontar, and has the S905X4 chip. I was having difficulty getting the computer to recognize the device but after some research I found using a high quality male A to Micro USB with an OTG cable to make it Male to Male worked.

In specific I placed the front end of the device, the LCD screen on the floor connected the USB cable to the diagnol 2.0 USB Port.

I think the biggest concern is making sure your USB A cable that goes into that port is very slim, or else it won't fit all the way into the port.

I did not utilize the external power source, and held the reset button down for about 10 seconds while having the USB Burning Tool in Start mode and plugging the USB Cable into the PC all at once. As soon as the computer detected the device and the flash process initiated I stopped pressing the reset button. It flashed flawlessly and I'm enjoying playing with this device.

Like I said the USB Cable that goes into the diagnol USB Port is critical for it to successfully work.

Reactions: LITUATUI

Top Liked Posts