∆[HLTE/SPR/VZW][ROM][KERNEL][CM11][4.4.4] Temasek's UNOFFICIAL Builds

Search This thread

Black6spdZ

May 7, 2006
Waterford MI
Its pretty sad.. been a long time user of android and CyanogenMod but this new Android L "CM12" may have done it for me. I for one cant stand the new Modern UI interface. I won't be like the rest of the Android fans and say oooh wow how nice and great. It's absolutely fugly if you ask me. No shot at Temasek cause he's made CM what it should have been but Google just F'd this one up in my opinion. Why are they pandering to the iOS crowd, do they think they will win over iPhone users? They may just drive away more Android users than they win Apple ones.

Reactions: caesar_ and btvolta

caesar_

Dec 31, 2010
Its pretty sad.. been a long time user of android and CyanogenMod but this new Android L "CM12" may have done it for me. I for one cant stand the new Modern UI interface. I won't be like the rest of the Android fans and say oooh wow how nice and great. It's absolutely fugly if you ask me. No shot at Temasek cause he's made CM what it should have been but Google just F'd this one up in my opinion. Why are they pandering to the iOS crowd, do they think they will win over iPhone users? They may just drive away more Android users than they win Apple ones.
I'm kinda.. On the fence. I'm sure once the themes come along you shall change your mind. I was never a fan of any stock cm ROM. The themability definitely makes cm.

Mulletmeister

Feb 24, 2014
Eastbourne
Well, after trying temaseks CM12, I am now back to 11. Nothing wrong with it, in fact for the short development period, it's pretty darn good. But I've started having wifi issues etc, so here I am, back on the best rom I've come across. Hopefully 12 will be up and running in the very near future. As a cabbie, I need something stable and this rom served me well.

So, hello again!!

kamikaze2112

Dec 16, 2008
Lethbridge, AB
Since installing 162 I've been getting random fc's when my alarm goes off. The other morning I caught it, it went off for about half a second then it looked like the whole ui just reset itself. I'm usually up around the same time every morning regardless but it's really quite annoying to wake up going "holy crap am I late" because I think I've slept thru my alarm :)

ShredCreature

Jun 3, 2014
Well, after trying temaseks CM12, I am now back to 11. Nothing wrong with it, in fact for the short development period, it's pretty darn good. But I've started having wifi issues etc, so here I am, back on the best rom I've come across. Hopefully 12 will be up and running in the very near future. As a cabbie, I need something stable and this rom served me well.

So, hello again!!

I am back as well, but mostly because I see no point in going android 5, it feels like a step backwards in many ways. Design is subjective, so while I don't particularly like it myself, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but the changes in functionality, the new lock screen notifications, the new single notification menu with just a few toggles... I don't know, I was feeling limited, v162 offers much more flexibility, better battery life, and is just as smooth.

All in all, I don't see myself leaving this ROM any time soon, it just rocks so hard!

Thanks Temasek, hope that you find time to put together another compilation, if only to get rid of a couple stability issues...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: caesar_

Mulletmeister

Feb 24, 2014
Eastbourne
I am back as well, but mostly because I see no point in going android 5, it feels like a step backwards in many ways. Design is subjective, so while I don't particularly like it myself, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but the changes in functionality, the new lock screen notifications, the new single notification menu with just a few toggles... I don't know, I was feeling limited, v162 offers much more flexibility, better battery life, and is just as smooth.

All in all, I don't see myself leaving this ROM any time soon, it just rocks so hard!

Thanks Temasek, hope that you find time to put together another compilation, if only to get rid of a couple stability issues...

Yeah, L is OK I suppose, but cm11 just seems to fit. I feel as if some of the stuff we got away with in kitkat has been sewn up. I had major problems with SD cards in 12. It was there and accessible through file manager, but settings wouldnt do anything with it. Always unavailable. I thought SD had been given back to us in 5?? I know it's early days but there do seem to be a few gremlins.

I will always be great full to temasek for not forgetting the note 3

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Just a quick question...

Has someone left a door open on this thread....... :(

I can hear an echo.......echoe.......ech...... ( no...not freidriches fab tw rom either!! )

Reactions: btvolta

btvolta

Nov 26, 2012
Tampa Bay
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro

I keep restoring my backup of this as well. Until all the features are implemented in 5.0.1, this is still a way better rom, especially since it has theme engine and trds.

ShredCreature

Jun 3, 2014
I keep restoring my backup of this as well. Until all the features are implemented in 5.0.1, this is still a way better rom, especially since it has theme engine and trds.

Not just that... I feel like I would only go lollipop if it becomes a bit more like KitKat, which is what I think some devs will start working on... And so what's the point? If I have an itch for material design, there are a few really good themes out there.

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
Couple of issues. My phone sometimes turns itself off and I can't turn it on unless I pull my battery. This has made me miss several alarms :( I just installed trickster and changed intelliplug on and mpdecision off as was recommended, and i also added 25 to all the battery voltage values, havent had problems yet, but its only been about half a day.

Second problem is none of my default apps stick. I cant find any information on this, but it was an issue with hyperdrive as well. Maybe a 4.4 issue? Every google result has to do with apps losing default permission when they are updated, but mine is different, the default button doesnt work at all. Ive also tried the only once button just in case it was somehow flipped, but still nothing.

Third problem is when i turn on bluetooth, it automatically connects to my car stereo which is nice, but when i play music, it doesnt send the data. I have to go into bluetooth settings, disconnect from my stereo, and then reconnect for it to work properly. Sometimes it works though, which is odd. It works about 30% of the time.

4th problem is video playback. It will randomly cease playing and reset the playback head to the beginning, reseting the player. It usually happens around a minute in, and in longer videos every 5 minutes or so. Extremely irritating, as i watch a lot of videos. It affects the YouTube app and HTML5 playback in chrome. I haven't noticed it with flash player, but I don't often use flash.

Thanks for any help. Here's a screenie showing version info and kernel info http://i.imgur.com/1FGyoUb.png

Last edited:

christoph_2013

Jun 25, 2013
First of all, fantastic Rom, really pleased with it. You done a great job.

One problem though, not sure if its on the rom side or the custom theme: When i apply any theme i get the message ''unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped'' It only happens once and it never reappears.

any ideas?

gerbetta33

Jan 31, 2011
Evansville
First of all, fantastic Rom, really pleased with it. You done a great job.

One problem though, not sure if its on the rom side or the custom theme: When i apply any theme i get the message ''unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped'' It only happens once and it never reappears.

any ideas?

I get this as well. Im almost entirely certain that its just the UI being reset in order to apply the theme without rebooting. Basically, youre doing everyrhing right, nothing to worry about.

christoph_2013

Jun 25, 2013
When i turn my phone off at night to charge, the led light doesnt come on to say its charging or its fully charged? I havent changed any notification settings atall, the led will only come on when the phone is on but not off? Am i missing something? lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    temasek's UNOFFICIAL CM11 BUILD
    OFFICIAL ROM THREAD​

As the original thread has been closed i am creating this thread on behalf of Temasek just for the rom , and help. Please report any bugs you see. Changelogs will be provided upon major releases.

NOTE

This can be used on ANY bootloader. (4.3 or 4.4)
    CM has de-unified HLTE to 3 categories this ROM support these all three HLTE (GSM) , HLTESPR (CDMA)
    HLTEVZW (CDMA) will receive builds but less frequently.

DISCLAIMER

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void. Knox 0x1
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

The lastest version TWRP is recommended.

1st Time Installing
    Download the ROM .zip
    Download Gapps
    WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    WIPE SYSTEM
    Install the update zip from recovery
    Install gapps
    Reboot

Already installed CM11.0/Dirty Flash
    Download the zip
    WIPE CACHE/DALVIK
    Install the update zip from recovery
    Reboot

*NFC

Recommended Trickster Settings
    Intelliplug on
    Mpdecision off

DOWNLOAD LINKS​
    Main Download inc. (Test Builds)

Hopto (Mirror)

Dev-Host (Mirror)

PA Nano Gapps (Recommended)

iOuhg2EbgEMlw.jpg
    THANKS TO @temasek for allowing me to participate i this contribution.
    Donate to Tony Layher CM Maintainer: layhertony@gmail.com
    I'm going to perform 4th try to boot up cm12 compiling from source.

*** cross fingers ***

My 1st cm12 bootup, compiled from source.
    PREVIEW 4 (HLTE) tmo/can inclusive

iH3JJI1R8T0HI.png

CREDITS:
    • Tony Layher aka slayer
    • Christer Bjor aka christer12
    • arter97

What's NOT Working
    • Camera

CHANGELOG
    • Comes with Temasek Kernel v0.2. Updated with cm kernel sources.
    • Build flag changes - Replaced "mfpu=neon" with "-mfpu=neon-vfpv4"
    • Build flag changes - Added L1/L2 caches sizes definition for krait only
    • Lockscreen: Add timeout and instant lock option to slide lock
    • Option to Disable Immersive Messages
    • XuiMod: Toast Animations
    • Battery and Notification Lights
    • Double tap to sleep improvements
    • Add Settings.System toggle for quick-quick settings pulldown
    • Option to Disable/Enable screenshot sound
    • frameworks: Speed up improvements
    • 17 frameworks fixes from external sources
    • Flip cover - off/on screen
    • Updated cm sources

Available in basketbuild site only.

Hltespr soon
    Hltevzw (I have not decided yet...let me think about it)

Enjoy :)
    V146 is up for all variants.

Available in all my download sites.

Comes with Temasek Kernel v3.98.1.
    - Includes Sammy update 9 kernel sources.
    - Fixed flip_wake_lock issues and more.
    - Removal of flip cover feature in kernel and uses slayher ROM implementation
    - Smart Cover feature in Display Settings now works. You now can enable/disable smart covers (if you own one). I'm using a flip cover so I know it works :p
    - Full kernel changelog -> https://github.com/temasek/android_kernel_samsung_hlte/commits/staging-v3

Pro Tip: Don't start cursing & swearing at kernels tag with EXP. You can throw your punches at me for stable releases :p:p:p

Enjoy. :)

VOTE this thread if u like my work
    Guys

If u can't get the PREVIEW, so be it. Wait for preview 2 next week. It's not really good for daily use yet.

In this preview build, I had to make last minute changes to device branches thus possibly breaking something. The changes in msm8974-common broke hlte branches. I had to do something in between to make it build.

As I mentioned, device branches not finalised so it's really good to wait for a decent build.

Key device branches

msm8974-common
    hlte-common
    hlte
    qcom-common

I read some cannot get mobile data but I can. See my screenshot. I was on LTE.

Look forward for. V162 early next week. :p