Holy mother of bloatware, batman!

phositadc

May 7, 2010
NEVER have I seen a phone with so much bloatware. And this is just the stuff I disabled!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Attachments

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Yeah I've got to say with the locked bootloader and all this bloat, my initial impression is not that great, unfortunately. Day to day use, the phone is not as fast as my GS3 running slim bean.

Screen and hardware are fabulous, but they really effed up the software this time around. Just went wayyyyyyy overboard. And locked bootloader? Come on now :(

aleph_0

Apr 16, 2013
It's more of a matter of form on AT&T's and Samsung's part.

I don't know. Maybe I'm missing something, but if you are going to disable all that Samsung software whats the point in getting an S4? It seems their software was the big upgrade this time around and the hardware less so.
I don't think Com2UsPoker, Adapt Sound, At&T Family Maps, ChoKUKor, YPmobile,TripAdvisor, BlurbCheckout, Match3VS, or most any software displayed in the screenshots are particularly unique to the GS4. I'm sure most of us will not lament the absence of the majority of the displayed list of applications. All in all, it's a rather rude of Samsung and AT&T to put all of that clearly invaluable software on a $700 phone, then make it uninstallable.

Typed on savaged goods.

phositadc

May 7, 2010
I don't know. Maybe I'm missing something, but if you are going to disable all that Samsung software whats the point in getting an S4? It seems their software was the big upgrade this time around and the hardware less so.
The point? Having a beautiful screen and the best hardware on the market.

I think I speak for many people on this forum when I say that if I could get a GS4 with vanilla Android, I would do so in an instant and never look back.

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Bloatware, in and of itself, is a justification for unlocking a devices bootloader and installing a custom rom. How much space is wasted?
Pretty sure there was less than 10gb free space before I even installed any of my own stuff.

snakecharmer23

Oct 1, 2007
That bloatware is what is causing the lag online reviewers have been mentioning. If you disable/remove it, the phone will have no lag at all.

I'm hopeful to see some AOSP-based ROMS so I can remove the bloat known as TouchWIZ.

familyguy26

May 2, 2010
I don't think Com2UsPoker, Adapt Sound, At&T Family Maps, ChoKUKor, YPmobile,TripAdvisor, BlurbCheckout, Match3VS, or most any software displayed in the screenshots are particularly unique to the GS4. I'm sure most of us will not lament the absence of the majority of the displayed list of applications. All in all, it's a rather rude of Samsung and AT&T to put all of that clearly invaluable software on a $700 phone, then make it uninstallable.

Typed on savaged goods.
In my previous post I was referring to Samsung software.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

The point? Having a beautiful screen and the best hardware on the market.

I think I speak for many people on this forum when I say that if I could get a GS4 with vanilla Android, I would do so in an instant and never look back.

Being the best is debatable. Nevertheless if you want a pure stock experience, then you might as well get a Nexus 5 when it comes out. It will be unlocked, cheaper, and probably have better specs.

Reactions: j510 and aleph_0