• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Home Screen Customization

Search This thread

AmataLudu

Sep 22, 2021
Does anyone have any idea if the left side of the screen (when sliding from left to right) can be configured with any other application rather than...Google App (of course)? I would like to have News Suite set up for that screen.

Also, as silly it may sound, would a proprietory Samsung app work on Xperia III? I love their "Files" and "Voice Recorder" apps !

Reactions: decomposed

decomposed

Feb 21, 2011
Wrocław, Poland
Sony Xperia 1 III
Rather not.
Do not count on sony developing existing or new apps.

Sony focuses on removing existing apps and its features. In past you could choose the main screen to be different than on left side. Now only left side, close to google bloat scam. That is why I blocked this google spam on the left hand side, full of adds...

morphius88

Dec 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Just use any other launcher and you can put whatever you want anywhere. The stock SONY launcher is pretty basic and not very good.
As far as installing Samsungs "Files" and "Voice Recorder", I installed them but was NOT able to actually run them. They force closed on my 1 III.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone have any idea if the left side of the screen (when sliding from left to right) can be configured with any other application rather than...Google App (of course)? I would like to have News Suite set up for that screen.

Also, as silly it may sound, would a proprietory Samsung app work on Xperia III? I love their "Files" and "Voice Recorder" apps !