Homtom HT7 PRO./ 2GB 16GB Mt6735/ Info /TWRP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lipippo

Apr 12, 2016
The doogee x5 pro has the same specs as the homtom ht7 pro (at least on paper), and it has android 6.0 as an official update (so much for being incompatible as stated by homtom).
Some adventurous folks (or somebody with more experience at android hacking than me and who knows how to recover from mistakes) willing to try if the rom works?
http://www.doogee.cc/download.php?ProId=53

B.Bono

Dec 16, 2016
got mine today, unfortunately hardware buttons don't work,neither power nor volume buttons,to turn it off gotta remove battery, and it opens by pressing vol+ and power button, when it starts buttons don't work

Sent from my HT7 Pro using Tapatalk

You had the problems with the Buttons on Homtom ht7.
I have the same problem.
What have you done, that it works now?

lipippo

Apr 12, 2016
I've started using this phone for navigation and I find the gps very bad: the fix is almost instantaneous, it sees and uses a good amount of satellites and the reported precision is good (3-4 meters) but the position continuously jumps around so it often thinks I'm in a different street and causes a (wrong) route recalculation.
The various tutorials I find for mtk chipsets are only for the problem of not finding satellites or a slow fix, but this isn't the case here so they are useless.

Edit: searching the thread I saw at least one other report of a faulty gps while for many other it works fine. The reported problem (slowness of the gps) however seems different than mine (position jumping around).

Last edited:

ettyus

Feb 8, 2012
Cluj-Napoca
I've started using this phone for navigation and I find the gps very bad: the fix is almost instantaneous, it sees and uses a good amount of satellites and the reported precision is good (3-4 meters) but the position continuously jumps around so it often thinks I'm in a different street and causes a (wrong) route recalculation.
The various tutorials I find for mtk chipsets are only for the problem of not finding satellites or a slow fix, but this isn't the case here so they are useless.

Edit: searching the thread I saw at least one other report of a faulty gps while for many other it works fine. The reported problem (slowness of the gps) however seems different than mine (position jumping around).
When i will recive my new phone i will post somme pictures with my ht7 pro phone and the hole from my wall...... And it is a perfect nsvy device with waze and here after all his sufferings..... I lost just the touch area where a and one is..... [emoji14]

Sent from my HT7 Pro using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: lipippo

lipippo

Apr 12, 2016
When i will recive my new phone i will post somme pictures with my ht7 pro phone and the hole from my wall...... And it is a perfect nsvy device with waze and here after all his sufferings..... I lost just the touch area where a and one is..... [emoji14]

I suspect it's a software and not a hardware issue (as I said the fix is almost instantaneous and it sees around 12 satellites using between 6 and 11), which firmware are you using?
I just took a stroll (on foot) around town turning off high precision mode (i.e. I set location services to "gps only") and it seems to be tracking the location much better, however I have to try it in the car with this mode.

lipippo

Apr 12, 2016
I just took a stroll (on foot) around town turning off high precision mode (i.e. I set location services to "gps only") and it seems to be tracking the location much better, however I have to try it in the car with this mode.

Close but no cigar. The position isn't so jumpy but waze still got confused. And that's while gps test showed a precision of 3 meters.....

woingenau

Dec 30, 2016
Hello @all!

I flashed HT 7 pro xp-version with "GF20_HT7Pro_V1.2.3_user_20160606-17_15_36".
Now it does not start or even load the battery.
I think it has been flashed the wrong preloader.
Sp-Flash-Tool shows "Error: S_FT_Enable_Dram_fail (0xFC0)

Tried to find V1.0.1 or lower but can not find the versions.
Can anybody help please?

All the best for 2017!

Kilua90

Nov 18, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello @all!

I flashed HT 7 pro xp-version with "GF20_HT7Pro_V1.2.3_user_20160606-17_15_36".
Now it does not start or even load the battery.
I think it has been flashed the wrong preloader.
Sp-Flash-Tool shows "Error: S_FT_Enable_Dram_fail (0xFC0)

Tried to find V1.0.1 or lower but can not find the versions.
Can anybody help please?

All the best for 2017!

You flashed the wrong rom for your phone. Search at the 4pda forum for your new version phone. I dont use v1.2.3 because my phone is HT7Pro xp.vp.1.0.4 , hope you can find the rom that you are looking for. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

Hello, i am using HT7pro_xp_vcV1.0.4 and I dont find any custom recovery to replace that stock rec . All i found is just for xp or non xp version. Hope anybody can help me because my phone keep restarting after about 10-30 minute of usage. Thank you.

Reactions: woingenau

woingenau

Dec 30, 2016
Hello fadzlan kun,

thanks for your reply.
Since i did not find any Rom that fits, could you please give a link to the version you are using?
And it would be great if you could attach the preloader of your rom-version or upload the full rom?

Last edited:

Kilua90

Nov 18, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello fadzlan kun,

thanks for your reply.
Since i did not find any Rom that fits, could you please give a link to the version you are using?
And it would be great if you could attach the preloader of your rom-version or upload the full rom?

http://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=https://yadi.sk/d/iq1LVw0uyfY5o&e=55239530 - HT7Pro_XP_VC V1.0.4 (I am using this version)

http://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=https://yadi.sk/d/VqyWVix4xvMK8&e=55239530 - HT7Pro_XP_VC V1.0.1 (I think this is the factory version for the new ht7 pro lol)

Cheers! :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: woingenau

woingenau

Dec 30, 2016
Thank you very much, you are a real friend :) :good:

I am downloading now, will flash then and reply if it works.
What Version of SP-Flashtool is recommended?

Last edited:

woingenau

Dec 30, 2016
Hey friend, you did a very good job!

Version 1.0.4 works perfect.

I am happy and really thankful for your help!
Have a wonderful year 2017 with all the best wishes, luck and health.

Yours,
Chris (woingenau)

P.S.: May i ask you, what Version of TWRP you are using and where i can find it?

Last edited:

Kilua90

Nov 18, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hey friend, you did a very good job!

Version 1.0.4 works perfect.

I am happy and really thankful for your help!
Have a wonderful year 2017 with all the best wishes, luck and health.

Yours,
Chris (woingenau)

P.S.: May i ask you, what Version of TWRP you are using and where i can find it?

Well you are welcome :)
To be honest, i'm still searching for it and i'm sorry that I cant help you. At the needrom, they only provide TWRP for xp and non-xp (i cant flash the TWRP into this phone) It keep giving me error. Goodluck in searching for the TWRP , and if you managed to find it tell me quickly ;) :)

woingenau

Dec 30, 2016
Hello,

with the attached scatterfiles it will be no error.
I flashed this recovery from NR: https://yadi.sk/d/uT65v7Ilvgw6d
I also activated OEM-Unlocking in Developer-Options.

But Bootloader seems to be locked, because stock-recovery is there again, when phone is restartet....

I could root it with Kingo-Root.

Attachments

• HomTom-HT7-Pro-ScatterTWRP.rar
    178 bytes · Views: 82
Last edited:
Reactions: Kilua90

Kilua90

Nov 18, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello,

But Bootloader seems to be locked, because stock-recovery is there again, when phone is restartet....

Okay thanks I will try it :)
Do you mean you cannot boot into the twrp? Can we just replace the recovery file when we flashing the rom? Just my opinion :cool:

Jstame

Jan 23, 2016
Chucktown SC
Hello,

When you boot TWRP for the first time you must select yes to allow for modifications for TWRP to stick....

jan177

Feb 25, 2016
Haarlem

Do not mislead others if you do not know.
HT 7 PRO bootloader WAS NOT LOCKED. So probably it is not.
Just use TWRP recovery.
You have to enter TWRP 1st time you start the phone after flashing.
Follow the procedure described in OP.

==hit thank you

Last edited:

woingenau

Dec 30, 2016
@jan177:
That´s why i wrote "seems".
I am misleading nobody.

And i can not "just use" TWRP because it does not start. After flashing and boot in recovery it vibrates for a short time and then boots in system.
So there is no chance to let TWRP do its modifications.
After restart the stock-recovery is back.

It is not the first time for me to install a TWRP.

jan177

Feb 25, 2016
Haarlem
It is not the first time for me to install a TWRP.
So if you have some experience and it "seems"to you that in your handset the bootloader is locked than you should know what to do to check if it is really the locked:)
Otherwise others might think it is real and follow your suspicion for nothing.
If anyone reads the thread from the OP till here it is clear than there is NO mention of necessity of unlocking the bootloader.

In units HT 7 PRO I had in my hands it was NOT the case.
so you have a different problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOMTOM HT7 PRO
    MTK6735 64Bit GPU:Mali-720
    RAM 2GB
    ROM 16GB
    Android 5.1
    Camera
    13 MP Sony IMX219
    5.0 MP GC2355
    The battery capacity of 3000 mAh;
    Bluetooth: BT 4.0
    WiFi: 802.11 b / g / n
    GPS: GPS, A-GPS
    SIM: Dual SIM, Dual standby (size - micro)
    Frequency: 2 g: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    3G: WCDMA 850/1900/2100 MHz
    4 g: FDD LTE 800/1800/2100/2600 MHz
    Dimensions: 155.4 x 77.8 x 7.9 mm.

HTB1JCf1JFXXXXXoaXXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg

Install standard MTK drivers.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3945744&d=1479908355

Use the SPFlash Tool 1552, 1548
    https://androidmtk.com/flash-stock-r...one-flash-tool

flash recovery.img wit SPflash using scatter file in attachments

boot in recovery choose to modify (no read only) reboot in recovery from within TWRP with reboot button
    to install supersu follow this
    1.download SuperSU265.zip and place file in sdcard
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...WtRamhkdVZQbk0
    2.boot to twrp
    3.press Mount ,and select sdcard ,then back to main page
    4.select Install ,move to sdcard ,select SuperSU265.zip
    5. then swipe to confirm

TWRP 3.0 by Jemmini
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=736890&st=0#entry48494859
    I am one of the people trying to solve the problems with battery life in both HT7 & HT7 Pro so I know the problems.
    No reason to attack me. Just do not buy it if you know how bad a firm is.
    Using Notification Light Widget and Disable Service solved the problem at the cost of not having lights notifications. I had to root both Ht7 and HT7 Pro to remove malware.
    But at the end Homtom phones are value for money as far as spec and design is concerned.
    And are performing quite well after adjusting.

I do not like the idea that me and some other members of the forum are free support for Homtom and I would expect Homtom to improve their firmware themselves.
    since it is a 60-90 USD phone people are buying it anyway but with some effort it can be better
    I found a fix for wakelocks

I've been able to be away from wakelocks on my device. It's a fix until homtom release a real fix to be able to use notification led without lose all our battery.

1.- Use stock rom 1.23
    2.- Change the recovery via SCATTER process and install TWRP ver 3.0 or higher
    3.- Once into TWRP root your phone with supersu. Reboot and update binaries if you used an old update.zip to install root.
    4.- Use titanium (or similar) to backup, freeze and DELETE OTA Updates. You can freeze it but it will be unfreezed after first reboot. You can backup and delete with no problem, then restore when you want to use again. Note that yes, it is a system app
    5.- In settings, disable all led notifications.

At this point, like other people, you will only have wakelocks when low battery or charging. To resolve this wakelock the only fix its to reset the device. Then the fix I found :)

6.- Install xposed v85 for arm64 via TWRP (xposed-v85-sdk22-arm64.zip). Also you have to install the apk to be able to use Xposed once you phone has booted. XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk . Both downloads in Xposed thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
    7.- Wait for the first reboot, it takes some time.
    8.- Enter in xposed and download GravityBox [LP] v5.4.3 or higher
    9.- Enable the module in xposed and reboot

Now, we are just only one step to fully disable al leds notifications :)

In gravity box>Power Tweaks:
    - Low battery Warning (off)
    - Disable LED Flashing (ticked)
    - Battery Charging LED (disabled)

Reboot and... TADAAAAA!!!!! :)

Now, you can also take advantages of other gravity box enhancements and xposed modules.

I hope this could be useful for other people. My wakelocks are 0% for led, OTA updates or other unknown sources