Homtom HT7 PRO./ 2GB 16GB Mt6735/ Info /TWRP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lukecz81

Dec 15, 2013
DG
Could a CM12.1 user check if polish language is available in languages menu?
Is CM12.1 best rom for this phone?
How to install it (root, instal custom recovery and install custom rom? are there any guides for that?)

xavierf

Dec 22, 2008
Could a CM12.1 user check if polish language is available in languages menu?
Is CM12.1 best rom for this phone?
How to install it (root, instal custom recovery and install custom rom? are there any guides for that?)

Yes, "Polski" language is present
And Yes, CM12.1 is for me the best ROM.

Install TWRP :
  1. Download TWRP : TWRP
  2. With flashtool load MT6735M_Android_Scatter-TWRP
  3. Select download and connect smartphone to pc (smartphone must be powered off)… in few seconds will start the process and the new TWRP will be flashed.
PS : To restore original stock recovery, you need load ad point 1 the file MT6735M_Android_Scatter.txt

Install ROM :
  1. Download the rom : CM 12.1
  2. Copy the rom (zip file) to the phone
  3. Flash it with TWRP

Install ROOT :
  1. Download SuperSU : SuperSU
  2. Copy it to the phone
  3. Flash it with TWRP

If it's not clear, let me know.

Reactions: lukecz81

Fab919

Apr 10, 2016
The doogee x5 pro has the same specs as the homtom ht7 pro (at least on paper), and it has android 6.0 as an official update (so much for being incompatible as stated by homtom).
Some adventurous folks (or somebody with more experience at android hacking than me and who knows how to recover from mistakes) willing to try if the rom works?
http://www.doogee.cc/download.php?ProId=53

I'm also interested in this. Did anyone try it?

lipippo

Apr 12, 2016
I'm also interested in this. Did anyone try it?

Well, I didn't try (I'm not that adventurous) but I'm quite sure the kernel will not be compatible (due to different support hardware, i.e. lcd, touch screen, etc.).
Probably using the stock homtom kernel transplanted in the doogee's rom would work, but what's the point of that?

Jascha2016

Feb 3, 2016
Good morning,
I ask for help I killed my cell phone. I accidentally selected "Firmware Upgrade" instead of "Download Only" and it gave me an error. Now the phone will not turn on anymore. It is detected for the Flash and I tried to reinstall the rom but it gives me this error:

BROM ERROR S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (0xFC0)
[EMI] Enabled DRAM Failed!
[HINT]:
Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded.

Thanks for your help

Sep 20, 2015
Hi there, I've been following this thread closely and have a similar situation with woingenau. Can anyone help; I am ultimately trying to get TWRP on my device to flash CM12.1

flashing any version of TWRP (3.0.2 from needrom, or the betas on various posts here) result in the phone vibrating and briefly showing the HOMTOM logo, then rebooting immediately to system. I'm able to flash the stock recovery and go into it fine, however. This is regardless if I use SP flash tool on Windows10, or Rashr on the device

Furthermore, when I flash any stock ROM, it seems to work, except for providing only a black display. It boots and sounds like I can unlock the screen, but can't see what I'm doing. Only reflashing XP 1.0.4 brings me a usable system. I've tried 1.01, 1.0.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4, 1.1.7, 1.2.3... I've also tried using these zips locally through OTA (unrooted). but after the phone installs everything, it boots up with the same old 1.0.4

Finally, if it matters, Kingroot is completely successful and my device can be rooted on rom 1.0.4, but it does not help TWRP installation.

Thank you for your time. New poster, so any advice appreciated!

Oh and the IMEI is gone with no backup (whoops), so no service :p repaired using AT commands

Last edited:

lipippo

Apr 12, 2016
@Enigmatic Fart this won't help you, but I had a similar result when I flashed the XP firmware in my non XP phone, so it (probably) means they have a different driver for the lcd, and if twrp is based on a non xp kernel it won't work in an xp phone. I don't know if and where there is a twrp for the xp version, sorry.

Reactions: Enigmatic Fart
Sep 20, 2015
@Enigmatic Fart this won't help you, but I had a similar result when I flashed the XP firmware in my non XP phone, so it (probably) means they have a different driver for the lcd, and if twrp is based on a non xp kernel it won't work in an xp phone. I don't know if and where there is a twrp for the xp version, sorry.
That helps a lot actually! Still new to all this and kinda just experimenting, so what you said makes it very clear, thank you! Guess I gotta be happy with what I can afford for now, keep lurking, and invest in something more mainstream in the future :p

Learned a lot from this phone though!

koml

Jan 28, 2017
HT7 pro Brick

Good morning,
I ask for help I killed my cell phone. I accidentally selected "Firmware Upgrade" instead of "Download Only" and it gave me an error. Now the phone will not turn on anymore. It is detected for the Flash and I tried to reinstall the rom but it gives me this error:

BROM ERROR S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (0xFC0)
[EMI] Enabled DRAM Failed!
[HINT]:
Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded.

Thanks for your help

Hello I just got the same message trying to install the version CM 12.1.
How can i fix this please? Any Help?

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

HEello No worry I succeed in fixing this. It is now working perfectly. I had to use the scatter fiile provided with the file GF20_HT7Pro_V1.2.3_user_20160606-17_15_36.
Many thanks

Jascha2016

Feb 3, 2016

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

HEello No worry I succeed in fixing this. It is now working perfectly. I had to use the scatter fiile provided with the file GF20_HT7Pro_V1.2.3_user_20160606-17_15_36.
Many thanks

Hello
but I have not solved the problem and I can not use a cell phone, can you help?

Jascha2016

Feb 3, 2016
Hello to all
unfortunately I am also in the same situation, I'm looking for the original rom the HomTom HT7 pro but I can not even find it on the official site, perhaps by installing the official rom will solve the problem.

lucastwg

Nov 13, 2016
Custom Firmware

Do you know if anyone has made a custom ROM for this model? Because the original firmware kind of sucks.
Thanks!

lipippo

Apr 12, 2016

I followed the whole thread with google translate but I couldn't find the sources for the unofficial cm12.1.
It says it's derived from the ark benefit cm12.1 (a thread that I didn't follow so I don't know if the sources are there).
Do you know a link to the sources, github, etc.?
Or is it just a "cooked" rom?

xavierf

Dec 22, 2008
I followed the whole thread with google translate but I couldn't find the sources for the unofficial cm12.1.
It says it's derived from the ark benefit cm12.1 (a thread that I didn't follow so I don't know if the sources are there).
Do you know a link to the sources, github, etc.?
Or is it just a "cooked" rom?

Yes, it's a modified rom from ARK. But no problem for me with it.

TWRP
CM 12.1

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

homtom ht7 pro is the best phone from all recent survey will help you to buy new phone in the market

Are you serious ? :rolleyes:
No support No update ... Best phone :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOMTOM HT7 PRO
    MTK6735 64Bit GPU:Mali-720
    RAM 2GB
    ROM 16GB
    Android 5.1
    Camera
    13 MP Sony IMX219
    5.0 MP GC2355
    The battery capacity of 3000 mAh;
    Bluetooth: BT 4.0
    WiFi: 802.11 b / g / n
    GPS: GPS, A-GPS
    SIM: Dual SIM, Dual standby (size - micro)
    Frequency: 2 g: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    3G: WCDMA 850/1900/2100 MHz
    4 g: FDD LTE 800/1800/2100/2600 MHz
    Dimensions: 155.4 x 77.8 x 7.9 mm.

HTB1JCf1JFXXXXXoaXXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg

Install standard MTK drivers.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3945744&d=1479908355

Use the SPFlash Tool 1552, 1548
    https://androidmtk.com/flash-stock-r...one-flash-tool

flash recovery.img wit SPflash using scatter file in attachments

boot in recovery choose to modify (no read only) reboot in recovery from within TWRP with reboot button
    to install supersu follow this
    1.download SuperSU265.zip and place file in sdcard
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...WtRamhkdVZQbk0
    2.boot to twrp
    3.press Mount ,and select sdcard ,then back to main page
    4.select Install ,move to sdcard ,select SuperSU265.zip
    5. then swipe to confirm

TWRP 3.0 by Jemmini
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=736890&st=0#entry48494859
    I am one of the people trying to solve the problems with battery life in both HT7 & HT7 Pro so I know the problems.
    No reason to attack me. Just do not buy it if you know how bad a firm is.
    Using Notification Light Widget and Disable Service solved the problem at the cost of not having lights notifications. I had to root both Ht7 and HT7 Pro to remove malware.
    But at the end Homtom phones are value for money as far as spec and design is concerned.
    And are performing quite well after adjusting.

I do not like the idea that me and some other members of the forum are free support for Homtom and I would expect Homtom to improve their firmware themselves.
    since it is a 60-90 USD phone people are buying it anyway but with some effort it can be better
    I found a fix for wakelocks

I've been able to be away from wakelocks on my device. It's a fix until homtom release a real fix to be able to use notification led without lose all our battery.

1.- Use stock rom 1.23
    2.- Change the recovery via SCATTER process and install TWRP ver 3.0 or higher
    3.- Once into TWRP root your phone with supersu. Reboot and update binaries if you used an old update.zip to install root.
    4.- Use titanium (or similar) to backup, freeze and DELETE OTA Updates. You can freeze it but it will be unfreezed after first reboot. You can backup and delete with no problem, then restore when you want to use again. Note that yes, it is a system app
    5.- In settings, disable all led notifications.

At this point, like other people, you will only have wakelocks when low battery or charging. To resolve this wakelock the only fix its to reset the device. Then the fix I found :)

6.- Install xposed v85 for arm64 via TWRP (xposed-v85-sdk22-arm64.zip). Also you have to install the apk to be able to use Xposed once you phone has booted. XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk . Both downloads in Xposed thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
    7.- Wait for the first reboot, it takes some time.
    8.- Enter in xposed and download GravityBox [LP] v5.4.3 or higher
    9.- Enable the module in xposed and reboot

Now, we are just only one step to fully disable al leds notifications :)

In gravity box>Power Tweaks:
    - Low battery Warning (off)
    - Disable LED Flashing (ticked)
    - Battery Charging LED (disabled)

Reboot and... TADAAAAA!!!!! :)

Now, you can also take advantages of other gravity box enhancements and xposed modules.

I hope this could be useful for other people. My wakelocks are 0% for led, OTA updates or other unknown sources