• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Homtom ht7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

json30

Feb 1, 2014
found something interesting
Asus_ZenFone_Go_HT7
http : / / 4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=706050&st=3460#entry47015318
is taken from a port to a doogee x5
it is possible to have less malware (be circumspect with this builds).
have you found adapters for headphone on eBay
Ask them for one with a mail (look on their facebook page).

If is anybody on this forum russian is native (with a russian keyboard) to make an account on that russian site to download twrp 3.0 and reupload on other location for us to download to.

Last edited:

MiAn81

Feb 4, 2016
Hi there, I recently got one,It has 1.1.2 firmware version, just in case I installed a firewall and blocked access to Internet on system updates and some apps not familiar, so far no problems, have you found adapters for headphone on eBay? I would like to have a couple of adapters just in case

Sent from my HT7 using Tapatalk

From what I read and experienced malware is not active 1st 2 weeks of use, after that trouble start.

I searched earphone adapters on ali, ebay, banggood, ... and they cant be found nowhere. One solution is to contact homtom and hope they will send it, other is (as I see some russians do) is take some normal earphones and grind that metal ring that stops earphone plug going deeper.

madprofessorus

Jan 23, 2012
Achaia
From what I read and experienced malware is not active 1st 2 weeks of use, after that trouble start.

I searched earphone adapters on ali, ebay, banggood, ... and they cant be found nowhere. One solution is to contact homtom and hope they will send it, other is (as I see some russians do) is take some normal earphones and grind that metal ring that stops earphone plug going deeper.
I see, however I have blocked system update and some apps that wasn't familiar, maybe that will stop the malwares from installing

Sent from my HT7 using Tapatalk

kilmer.trotter

Feb 4, 2016
Budapest
Before rooting, i disabled many apps, installed the noroot firewall to block specified apps communication, installed antivir and anti-malware apps, tried to deny apps to modify system setup, but failed. when the phone booting up, before the firewall started, the pre-installed apps turns on the unknown sources setting and installed few bloatwares. the firewall could block them to go to the net, and the antivir and anti-malware apps could alert me, so i could remove it. but it is very annoying. and this happens too when the phone connects to wifi. some app could change the settings, then the bloatwares are free to install.
so i couldn't stop them, decided to install root. it works well, easy to install. then i could remove every infected app, plus some more.
now, the phone is very usable and stable (version is 1.0.8.).
don't forget to install another launcher before rooting, and set it to default.

MiAn81

Feb 4, 2016
Somehow I menaged to register on 4pda, it took me about an hour to do so :D
This site helped me a lot in solving the captcha code
http: // doorsgeek.blogspot.hr/2015/08/4pdaru-loginregister-captcha-tutorial.html

json30

Feb 1, 2014
decided to install root. it works well, easy to install. then i could remove every infected app, plus some more.
I can confirm , with ROM that came with phone, that is the way to escape from the nightmare that is trow at you with that trash. With file manager from TWRP you have access and rights to remove all what you want (even things that you need if you not are careful , but there are solutions to get back after a mistake like that). Will need to have a kind of list of what is Ok to delete, what is a must to delete and what is optional to delete , so in the end to have a phone clean, speedy and complet functional.
Today I manage to install that ROM from ASUS (from TWRP).
Till now after a first boot that take about 8 minutes, I have nothing really negative to say about this ROM, apart this few minors aspects
1. Notification bar is always black
2. On subjective part seems a bit slow on our hardware (that is almost identical with that ASUS phone have).
3. It have a lot of asus apps pre-installed
On pro parts , is more beautiful, and also more customizable.
I will monitor how battery will last and i will also look to see if i notice some abnormal comportment on apps part (malware or viruses)., but on preliminary evaluation it seems to be OK on this part.
I like it.
This site helped me a lot in solving the captcha code
It seems a good tip, danke.

EDIT
Like you me to took an hour to solve that captcha, with you tip, but is seems that recovery files are deleted from last link posted.

Last edited:
Reactions: kilmer.trotter

SUMMERBREEZE

Oct 3, 2010
ISTANBUL
Before rooting, i disabled many apps, installed the noroot firewall to block specified apps communication, installed antivir and anti-malware apps, tried to deny apps to modify system setup, but failed. when the phone booting up, before the firewall started, the pre-installed apps turns on the unknown sources setting and installed few bloatwares. the firewall could block them to go to the net, and the antivir and anti-malware apps could alert me, so i could remove it. but it is very annoying. and this happens too when the phone connects to wifi. some app could change the settings, then the bloatwares are free to install.
so i couldn't stop them, decided to install root. it works well, easy to install. then i could remove every infected app, plus some more.
now, the phone is very usable and stable (version is 1.0.8.).
don't forget to install another launcher before rooting, and set it to default.

THANKS
would you please advise which apps u removed / freezed?
Can be great for all of us here
note that i also have 1.0.8

Last edited:

json30

Feb 1, 2014
a start list was publish here, use search, a more complete list is to be made, sometimes in the future by me if nobody make it before me, but in you case before delete anything install a new launcher, because one of things you need to delete is that launcher that came by default.

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

from our "friends" russians, in a post made by serglifar
He looked briefly in the firmware HT7 what exactly the virus does Sooee. The screenshot, which is laid out, the dodge neon , as it is clear that he does next. In a nutshell. From the launcher runs some left manager (KpshPlatform.jar), which downloads an application, including (but probably mostly) paid with their AppStore. Yes, they have even a shop for that! The truth is there is not Will you come without a password. Http : / /w1.mumucloud.com/Login.aspx And the application themebox_1.01.apk zupuskaetsya CooeePayment.jar, which attaches your device to the payment system. In this case, to the AliPay. Where and will leave payments. Accordingly, without your participation and knowledge. And also launches another manager (cooeeplatform.jar) to download the application from another of its site. Http : / /g.cooee.com/That he was so cunning Homtom. Low price can be very high if the person Noob in this case

So in a nut shell it is after your money. for that reason only you need to root and delete all that crap.

look here for same info on crap that our phone came with
http: / /vms.drweb-av.pl/virus/?i=7676530
and it seems to be a new practice on smartphone market
http: / /www.freedrweb.com/show/?i=9792&c=19&lng=en

Last edited:

kilmer.trotter

Feb 4, 2016
Budapest
HomTom HT7 root, firmware, info

THANKS

* here is what i did:
1. install another launcher (i choose nova)
2. set it to default (!make it always default, not just once)
3. install the root (the spanish/italian version :))
4. after the root, install root uninstaller
5. install root explorer (or anything with you can wandering with in the root folders)

* after then, here is the list:
(uninstall with root uninstaller)
1. caller id
2. uni launcher
3. bagan keyboard
4. go keyboard
5. beauty center
6. luxury
7. suiyueruge
8. theme1
-> root uninstaller move them into his trash, so you can empty it later, if you feel safe
-> allow supersu to give rights (i allowed only for 15 minutes, for safety)

* i think they are safe, but later removed:
1. documents to go
2. xender

* remove the bloatwares (if any):
com.cleanmaster.appmonitor.tool
com.android.memory.monitor.service
com.android.service.romsaver
com.whatsapp.messenger.service
-> i think "com.android.memory.monitor.service" has a folder in the main sd card: Android/data
-> there were some trash in the Android/data/.public/download folder

* with root explorer, delete folders (json30's list, thx):
/system/app/DQBAGAN/*
/system/app/DQDocumentsToGo/*
/system/app/DQGO/*
/system/app/DQXENDER/*
/system/app/ht_theme1/*
/system/app/theme-luxury_3.0.1/*
/system/app/theme-suiyueruge_3.0.1/*
/system/etc/apps/360Ben_XYX.apk
/system/etc/apps/AntutuHard_XYX.apk
/system/etc/apps/Antutu_XYX.apk
/system/etc/apps/AntutuYanji_XYX.apk
/system/etc/apps/CPUZ_XYX.apk
/system/etc/apps/Ludashi_XYX.apk
/system/launcher/*
/system/priv-app/caller_id_2.0.1/*
/system/priv-app/launcher-mate7_1.5.1/* The VIRUS !!!
/system/priv-app/lqsdk_1.0.1/*
/system/priv-app/themebox_1.0.1/* the VIRUS !!!

* there are some folder in your sd too (phone sd, not external):
(turn on hidden folders, root explorer)
.kpsh
cooee and unilauncher related folders (i don't remember their exact names)
-> it's not important, but i removed them

* how to root:
www .elchiringuitochino.es/2016/01/rootear-homtom-ht7-e-instalacion-de.html?m=1 (thx podremio, spanish)
www .alessiofasano.com/2016/02...omtom-ht7.html (alessiof89 translated, thx, italian, i used this)
-> the two zip goes to the external_sd (micro sd), and the TWRP directory goes to the phone memory (internal sd).
-> worked with version: 1.0.7, 1.0.8, 1.1.4, (2.0.1?)

* v2.0.1 (not tested by myself)
this is the link, for the v2.0.1
https:// drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwt-yELgdcW_Qlc0ZVlLTmowWTQ/view
-> unilauncher and other malwares removed
-> can be rooted again

* v2.0.3 (tested, safe, more optimized)
the firmware for sp flash tool: https://goo.gl/5KlO5P
twrp3.0 : https://yadi.sk/d/IwQLnEg6pKpD3/TWRP_3.0_boot_2.0.3
-> this contains twrp for 1.0.8, 1.1.2, 2.0.1, 2.0.3. sp flash tool can download it to phone, just use the original fw's scatter file with recovery.img (only this 2).

* v2.0.7
the firmware for sp flash tool: https://yadi.sk/d/yOiFA86zqJ3FK
UniLauncher and themes are back
-> if you use twrp, then you can install with this (from mrd.macdonald, #354):
Full boot and system image of HT7 V2.0.7
- install via TWRP
- place file HT7_v.2.0.7_Stock_systen_boot_zip_install.zip in to phone's sdcard(internal sdcard)
- boot to TWRP then press install ,and select file HT7_v.2.0.7_Stock_systen_boot_zip_install.zip,
- swipe to confirm
- wait until the device reboot
Download "HT7_v.2.0.7_Stock_systen_boot_zip_install.zip" from here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...TU4NjVqVjZzZjQ

* v2.1.2
mrd.macdonald give us the OTA and s customized version: here is the full post

* windows 10 drivers
link for windows 10 drivers

* MiAn81 fw sources
https://yadi.sk/d/9ssvPXQWozz9V

* TWRP 3 (MiAn81, #264)
Here you have TWRP 3.0.0 based on 2.0.3fw
https://yadi.sk/d/IwQLnEg6pKpD3/TWRP_3.0_boot_2.0.3
Flash it the same way as you flashed 203fw. Copy scatter file from 203fw to empty folder where you saved recovery.img and let the splash tool do it's job. After that, your first boot must be in recovery mode (Power & V+) !!! Twrp will ask you if you want SuperSU installed, confirm and that's it. You have twrp and root access.

* SP flash tool (v5.1548 should be ok)
androidmtk.com/smart-phone-flash-tool

* how to use sp flash for install clean firmware
disconnect device from pc
unzip full firmware to a directory
run spflash tool
select scatter-loading: MT6580_Android_scatter.txt (or similar, you can found in archive)
press download
turn off device, remove battery
press download
put battery back
connect device to pc
or read this link: how to flash

* Engineer Mode
Type this to call: *#*#3646633#*#*
or install an app from play (search for MTK Engineer Mode)
-> don't set anything if you don't know what is it, you can have big trouble. write down defaults before setting something

* IMEI backup
for safety, write down your IMEI numbers:
Go to Engineer Mode - Telephony - GPRS
There is a long number (15 chr), SIM1 and SIM2 (if you have one)
Set IMEI: call *#*#12306#*#*

* additional
-> earphone adapter (normal earphone jack didn't fit):
"Announcement for the earphone adapter:
If you have RECEIVED the HT7, but didn't get the adapter, please send an email to [email protected], with your order number and the shop where you purchased. We will tell you the next step to solve the problem and send a gift for you."

** important **
feel free to correct me, i will edit this list then

Last edited:

SUMMERBREEZE

Oct 3, 2010
ISTANBUL
* here is what i did:
5. install root explorer (or anything with you can wandering with in the root folders)

1. caller id
2. uni launcher
3. bagan keyboard
4. go keyboard
5. beauty center
6. luxury
7. suiyueruge
8. theme1
-> root uninstaller move them into his trash, so you can empty it later, if you feel safe

1. documents to go
2. xender

-> i think "com.android.memory.monitor.service" has a folder in the main sd card: Android/data

/system/app/DQBAGAN/*
/system/app/DQGO/*
/system/app/DQXENDER/*
/system/app/ht_theme1/*
/system/launcher/*

.kpsh

* how to root:
www .elchiringuitochino.es/2016/01/rootear-homtom-ht7-e-instalacion-de.html?m=1 (spanish)
www .alessiofasano.com/2016/02...omtom-ht7.html (alessiof89 translated, thx, italian, i used this)
-> the two zip goes to the external_sd (micro sd), and the TWRP directory goes to the phone memory (internal sd).
-> worked with version: 1.0.7, 1.0.8, 1.1.4

** important **

thank you, u r awesome
i will do these all tonight! :)
oh yes, i almost forgot.. if you want a cool camera app for this device, i advise A BETTER CAMERA.. and if you can afford, the unlocked version which is only 1.5 USD. It has great options which includes TOUCH SHOOT and others. It deffo increase picture quality aswell
also for a better look, download miui icon pack for your luncher (i use nova) and apply the theme inside the launcher, they have thousands of nice icons.
as internet browser, i use OPERA Classic which has data internet compression (cos i have only 1.5 gb data internet (3g) free from my sim card provider.) and also a fast browser.

Last edited:

MiAn81

Feb 4, 2016
I also rooted mine 2 days ago, deleted almost all the files from the list above (except xender and documents to go)
Default launcher was replaced with Asus ZenUI, also installed Malwarebytes and AFWall+ so I can track and see what is going on
Now my phone works as it should, nothing can change security settings and get in or out without my knowing :)

I had some doubts installing TWRP since Russians report that at least 5-10 phones from their group had defective touch after installing or upgrading their 1.06 - 1.0.8 fw's with 1.0.12 TWRP or fw. They can't find the problem but some of them suspects not all phones have the exact same display. After having no luck with their approach (different twrp for diff. versions) I did what others in this thread did, used files and howto from Spanish site and it worked for me even though I have 1.0.7 fw.

I think that's it, I wont do any upgrade unless someone finds the way (if problem lies in software) to boost 3G signal (this phone has the lowest from 4 other's I have in my house) and that camera focus.

Reactions: kilmer.trotter

kilmer.trotter

Feb 4, 2016
Budapest
when i'm on LoudSpeaker mode, my microphone is extremly bad, the opponent can't hear me. and can't find a good setup for use. i modified the settings: Engineer Mode - Audio - LoudSpeaker Mode - Mic. tried many variations, but didn't work. any suggestions? what is your experience?

json30

Feb 1, 2014
Maybe it not software, check your mic , see if is properly seated in bottom plastic part, there are six screws to deal with. Maybe is obturated.

kilmer.trotter

Feb 4, 2016
Budapest
Maybe it not software, check your mic , see if is properly seated in bottom plastic part, there are six screws to deal with. Maybe is obturated.

mmm, don't know. in normal use, the called person able to hear me clearly. this issue only happens, when i'm on loudspeaker mode. i will try few more steps, and then i check the mic.

has anyine found a solution for inaccurate battery indicator? mine shot down when it was %11-12

now i will check for this. maybe it's the battery stats. i charge the phone fully, then delete the stats. we'll see what happens next. i will report, what happened, and if it's worked, i will write down the steps.

castaway1

Dec 5, 2009
hello guys sorry for offtopic but how satisfied are you with homtom HT7? thinking about dooge X5 or X6 can't make decision :) what you think?

MiAn81

Feb 4, 2016
hello guys sorry for offtopic but how satisfied are you with homtom HT7? thinking about dooge X5 or X6 can't make decision :) what you think?

I have ht7 about month now and I'm satisfied with the phone and performance it has. If you planing using it for games then better look different model, touch is a bit weird and it support only 2 fingers. Other than that, battery is very decent, it last me 24hrs with moderate usage, YT videos, browsing the net is really good, no lag, everything is smooth as it can be on 4core, 1Gb of Ram.
Also, you must root it and get that Uni launcher out, Camera is so so, Gsm signal is not the best but for the money is really decent phone. :)

SUMMERBREEZE

Oct 3, 2010
ISTANBUL

HT7 is a decent phone and has a nice design (the back surface looks cool)
it has a good performance regarding the price. camera is good for a 57-58 usd device. but if you buy it, read this topic well and get rid of the the bloatware.
also battery last 1.5-2 days for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HomTom HT7 root, firmware, info

THANKS

* here is what i did:

1. caller id
    2. uni launcher
    3. bagan keyboard
    4. go keyboard
    5. beauty center
    6. luxury
    7. suiyueruge
    8. theme1

1. documents to go
    2. xender

/system/app/DQBAGAN/*
    /system/app/DQGO/*
    /system/app/DQXENDER/*
    /system/app/ht_theme1/*
    /system/launcher/*

.kpsh

* how to root:
    www .elchiringuitochino.es/2016/01/rootear-homtom-ht7-e-instalacion-de.html?m=1 (thx podremio, spanish)
    -> worked with version: 1.0.7, 1.0.8, 1.1.4, (2.0.1?)

* v2.0.1 (not tested by myself)
    this is the link, for the v2.0.1
    https:// drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwt-yELgdcW_Qlc0ZVlLTmowWTQ/view
    -> unilauncher and other malwares removed
    -> can be rooted again

* v2.0.3 (tested, safe, more optimized)
    the firmware for sp flash tool: https://goo.gl/5KlO5P
    twrp3.0 : https://yadi.sk/d/IwQLnEg6pKpD3/TWRP_3.0_boot_2.0.3
    -> this contains twrp for 1.0.8, 1.1.2, 2.0.1, 2.0.3. sp flash tool can download it to phone, just use the original fw's scatter file with recovery.img (only this 2).

* v2.0.7
    the firmware for sp flash tool: https://yadi.sk/d/yOiFA86zqJ3FK
    UniLauncher and themes are back
    -> if you use twrp, then you can install with this (from mrd.macdonald, #354):
    Full boot and system image of HT7 V2.0.7
    - install via TWRP
    - place file HT7_v.2.0.7_Stock_systen_boot_zip_install.zip in to phone's sdcard(internal sdcard)
    - boot to TWRP then press install ,and select file HT7_v.2.0.7_Stock_systen_boot_zip_install.zip,
    - swipe to confirm
    - wait until the device reboot
    Download "HT7_v.2.0.7_Stock_systen_boot_zip_install.zip" from here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...TU4NjVqVjZzZjQ

* v2.1.2
    mrd.macdonald give us the OTA and s customized version: here is the full post

* windows 10 drivers
    link for windows 10 drivers

* MiAn81 fw sources
    https://yadi.sk/d/9ssvPXQWozz9V

* TWRP 3 (MiAn81, #264)
    Here you have TWRP 3.0.0 based on 2.0.3fw
    https://yadi.sk/d/IwQLnEg6pKpD3/TWRP_3.0_boot_2.0.3
    Flash it the same way as you flashed 203fw. Copy scatter file from 203fw to empty folder where you saved recovery.img and let the splash tool do it's job. After that, your first boot must be in recovery mode (Power & V+) !!! Twrp will ask you if you want SuperSU installed, confirm and that's it. You have twrp and root access.

* SP flash tool (v5.1548 should be ok)
    androidmtk.com/smart-phone-flash-tool

* how to use sp flash for install clean firmware
    disconnect device from pc
    unzip full firmware to a directory
    run spflash tool
    select scatter-loading: MT6580_Android_scatter.txt (or similar, you can found in archive)
    press download
    turn off device, remove battery
    press download
    put battery back
    connect device to pc
    or read this link: how to flash

* Engineer Mode
    Type this to call: *#*#3646633#*#*
    or install an app from play (search for MTK Engineer Mode)
    -> don't set anything if you don't know what is it, you can have big trouble. write down defaults before setting something

* IMEI backup
    for safety, write down your IMEI numbers:
    Go to Engineer Mode - Telephony - GPRS
    There is a long number (15 chr), SIM1 and SIM2 (if you have one)
    Set IMEI: call *#*#12306#*#*

* additional
    -> earphone adapter (normal earphone jack didn't fit):
    "Announcement for the earphone adapter:
    If you have RECEIVED the HT7, but didn't get the adapter, please send an email to [email protected], with your order number and the shop where you purchased. We will tell you the next step to solve the problem and send a gift for you."

** important **
    1. I made update to 2.0.3 from link posted on facebook with SP Flash Tools for all partitions,
    2. restart phone,
    3. made update to recovery partition with scatter file used in 2.0.3 update and only recovery partition this time (installed TWRP posted by MiAn81 here https: / / yadi.sk/d/IwQLnEg6pKpD3, I used TWRP 3.0 based M20_HT7_V2.0.1 firmware nucleus),
    4. shut down,
    5. boot in recovery with combo keys press at boot time,
    6. intalled super su in recovery when asked
    7. reboot in recovery to chec if is OK
    8. boot the phone
    7. installed Google now launcher, set it as default launcher
    8. reboot in recovery
    9. mount system
    10 with file manager I start to delete all go keyboard related, and the others craps that was previously suspect of viruses ( it is very possible now to be free of viruses, but I don't like that app any how so i deleted them )
    /system/app/DQBAGAN/*
    /system/app/DQGO/*
    /system/app/DQXENDER/*
    /system/launcher/*
    and another crap for that I choose to install equivalent from google play (browser, calculator, calendar, mail,)
    11 reboot in system install all I want from google play
    12 reboot (two times to check if is any problems
    13 reboot in recovery
    14 made an backup

I will post any abnormality in use with this firmware if any, on facebook someone under homtom post say this firmware will resolve touch screen problems and battery life and report of life, on what i noticed till now it seems that touch screen is more responsive than before in 1.1.2.
    please say at least the name of the software you used to root, because i tried few things on google and failed.

http : / / www .elchiringuitochino.es/2016/01/rootear-homtom-ht7-e-instalacion-de.html?m=1

If you insert by the correct way (without spaces) this web site you'll have it

It's in spanish language (like me) but with google translator it's easy to understand.
    HT7

Seems that they are making a new one. Check their Facebook Page: "we are making a new version"
    succes with rooting this phone and deleteting all (I hope ) malware

first I update from 1.0.7 to 1.1.2. with stock firmware using SP flash tool app in windows, (to get my phone connected to windows 10 and to be able to flash with SP Flash Tool app I needed to "Disable Driver Signature Verification". so be aware of that to.) after that I used that spanish site info to root a 1.1.2 stock firmware, and after that I made update from TWRP to 1.1.4 version from that rusian site 4pda ru topic 706050 & post #1196, like someone say on doogeemobile site "my head hearts" after reading a lot of google translate on russian site, and in the end, based on info from the net (here and russian site) I deleted all that crap (malware), now it seems to work much better and I think I got a clean phone.
    This is what erase (with total commander)
    /system/app/DQBAGAN/*
    /system/app/DQGO/*
    /system/app/DQXENDER/*
    /system/app/ht_theme1/*
    /system/launcher/*
    same of them I do not have it, probably because I go to 1.1.4 with firmware already modified. (if you have app to add to this list please do).
    On the russian site they say they have TWRP 3.0.0 , but I do not manage to download, yet (seems to be removed). :good:
    Almost forgot, another good recommendation that I found and and followed is to change protective film from screen that came with the phone with a tempered glass one , it work much better on touch part, otherwise you will think your phone is broken that bad will behave your phone after update.

Another cool info from "Rusia" is this code
    1........a special command in dialer
    command to enter the engineering menu: * # * # 3646633 # * # *
    2.Enter ... open and find Band mode - Hit, we see sim 1 and sim 2
    3 Select sim 1
    4.Remove check from 1900 and 850 Hit set ok
    5.Go back to the choice of sim, sim and select 2.
    6.Remove check from 1900 and 850 Hit set ok
    all.
    This greatly saves battery.

That enabling or disabling of frequencies is specific to your country , what frequencies use your operator for 3G in your country.