Honda Connect Android System

Search This thread

Latinofreaks

Nov 6, 2021
So I tried to connect my Bluetooth gaming controllers to my HU. On the list of devices it connects/pairs successfully but then the controllers don't actually connect and get stuck on "BT search". I'm just wondering if it has something to do with limitations made by Honda. Does it only connect to phones and mediaplayers? Or has someone else successfully paired other devices.

I will try out other devices to see if i could make it work. Do you guys have something in mind to create a workaround??

I'm using the snes9ex+ and successfully played roms from the internal memory. I also gave the app permissions and added its package name.

I will try gaming controllers connected to the USB.

Last edited:

benfleet5

Oct 23, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
You can delete and edit permissions if you added some earlier. Make sure you don't add multiple permissions with the same package name.
Yes I know, I have been making changes but just cannot sign in, I click existing account and then it crashes. IMG_20211112_120245.jpg

benfleet5

Oct 23, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Well I haven't tried, so I can't actually help you on this one. I will try myself in the future.

@mechenique said something about not installing account manager and framework, and that made it work for him. 🤔
Yes he did, I uninstalled account manager and from system it no longer showed you Google sign in however didn't try it with maps, will give it a bash. I have an old YouTube music app and would be great to use that but need an account!

Nov 17, 2021
Hello there from Portugal.
I need some information about my Honda Jazz 2017 with Android 4.0.4 system.
Who have this car with permitions activated and free to install apk like waze or others?

I saw until yet all success with some Civic's and CRV but did not saw any Jazz?

It is possible or someone else have did it and works with Jazz?

cbaciu

Mar 2, 2018
Luxembourg
Hi all,

I am using an iphone as a hotspot for my honda connect. BUT, everytime I leave the car, when I return back, I can no longer connect the iphone as hotspot, I need to delete it from WIFI devices, then search it again, connect it, and only then I can use it as a hotspot again. This happens every time I want to use waze/spotify on Honda Connect!

Is there a way to avoid this issue?

Thanks a lot!
Hi guys,

Any help on the above problem, please? Is this something that happens to you as well? Or you can connect your phone as hotspot seamlessly?

Nov 17, 2021
Dear Friends
I would like to see here the simple stages for the next most popular and problematic software until yet as i can see here:

Honda Jazz European 2016 /2017
Honda Connect
Android 4.0.4.
RC4 / RC5
Kernel 3.1.10, 0C.091.01.0021/1123

The people that have this popular model of car, did not have any luck with permissions instalation and next stages for any APK.

All time the system saying:
- " Instalation Failed"

Whitout any sucess about this the people not have any hope to take Waze or other!

The question is if this hack works in Android version of HRV or CIVIC, why with Jazz European...NOT ?????

Please, we need support...

Last edited:

Latinofreaks

Nov 6, 2021
Dear Friends
I would like to see here the simple stages for the next most popular and problematic software until yet as i can see here:

Honda Jazz European 2016 /2017
Honda Connect
Android 4.0.4.
RC4 / RC5
Kernel 3.1.10, 0C.091.01.0021/1123

The people that have this popular model of car, did not have any luck with permissions instalation and next stages for any APK.

All time the system saying:
- " Instalation Failed"

Whitout any sucess about this the people not have any hope to take Waze or other!

The question is if this hack works in Android version of HRV or CIVIC, why with Jazz European...NOT ?????

Please, we need support...
What have you tried, specifik steps? There is alot of information in this thread if you use the search function.

Did you reset your system before trying to install apps? Have you tried upgrading to Rc6?

Nov 17, 2021
What have you tried, specifik steps? There is alot of information in this thread if you use the search function.

Did you reset your system before trying to install apps? Have you tried upgrading to Rc6?
Hi and thanks for answer.

OC.091.01.0021

Can you confirm if this is RC4 or RC5 as i thnk it is?

Ok.

Yes, i maked a lot of factory resets before and after tryed to put the file perrmitions from S.Mike and even ( i think is the same...) the file permitions from Cmdroid.

And i maked one time an upgrade for system that was avaiable. But after that once again...and after that upgrade...i maked factory resets again to maked another tests with the file permitions again.

Yesterday i tryed again thie next :

First Time :
Reset to factory.
Tryed file permitions by browser and by pendrive.
Error : X Instalation Failed

Second Time :
Reset to factory.
Maked Upgrade system of A-Ah

Third Time :
Uninstall the Upgrade system of A-Ah
Reset Factory

Curiosity think is now i put the permitions file un any usb pendrive and the instalation popup of the system did not me the option activated to install😡

Finaly and most important as im thinking now because you are talking about "RC6 Upgrade"
Sorry too tell but i did not saw that the first step is upgrade to RC6 once the major of percentage of this lot of information are for CRV and CIVIC and not for Jazz or Fit.

Even the information on Cmdroid Website in First Page the Popup Red Alert saying that not to try any file for Fit/Jazz.

You recommend that the first step now is:

- Upgrade this Honda Jazz 2017 System from RC4/RC5 to RC6 and try again the file permitions?

And next step is came here tell the results?

Right?

If yes were i can find that Upgrade from RC4 & RC5 to...RC6?

Can tou tell me link please to try it?

Thanks a lot for help my friend.

Last edited:

Latinofreaks

Nov 6, 2021
Summary of previous 300+ pages of posts

I have read most of the previous pages now and made some notes to summarize that may be helpful to others. I post it below.
A bit THANK YOU to everyone providing information over the years in the previous post and of course to mike_s that made the permissions app that made all of it possible.

Highlight of historic posts from the 300+ previous pages

• mike_s discovers you can install any apk by renaming it to “HondaAppCenter_A1.apk”. However apps still cannot run because there is a permissions file controlling runnable apps.
  • mike_s makes an app to change the permissions file. Now any app can be installed and run. Post #378.
  • The renaming apk to HondaAppCenter_A1.apk trick stops working in RC7 and above of Honda Connect.
  • A work-around is found to use a hidden micro USB port on the backside of the head unit and connecting with laptop. #2430
  • A simpler work-around is found to downgrade to RC6, install mikes permissions app, then upgrade to RC8. #2541, #2582

How to enable install of any app using software work-around, step by step

1. Find your Honda Connect version.
2. If version > RC6 downgrade to RC6.
3. Install mike_s permission app. Set to honda_center to preinstall
4. Upgrade to RC8 (optional).

1. Find your Honda Connect version.

Check your Android software version. This can be done by Apps>About this device. To know how the version number found there corresponds to the RC versions you can check the file update matrix for each RC and look at the TEGRA column which will correspond to the version found. So, if the version found exists in RC6 update matrix then it is RC6. For example:
RC6: 0E.094.00.0021 or 0E.094.00.1123
RC7: 0F.095.01.0021
RC8: 10.096.00.0021 or 10.096.00.1123

2. If version > RC6 downgrade to RC6

To do the downgrade you need files specific to your car. Which files to use can be found using this information:
1. The model of your car.
2. Your head unit ID.
3. The file matrix list for RC6 (RC6 UPDATE MATRIX_LHD_KG_KR_SPEC.pdf), #2619

The head ID is found in different places for different car models. For Honda Jazz 2018 it is in the upper right corner near the eject button. It is in very small letters. To find it for other models you can look at the PDF instruction file in the installation files. That PDF is part of the RC8 installation files which can be found here: h t t p s://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kjLeF5LgAtL2IN9FjMy9DyuG4PISk35_

Some useful links from post #2682:

RC6 Update ISO: h t t p s://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5d6f6324ef627ba9&id=5D6F6324EF627BA9%21678&ithint=folder,&authkey=!AE9gkUxwHHnBAGw

RC8 Update Files: h t t p s:// w w w .mediafire.com/folder/9z1x5vaabn32v/RC8_FILES

In the files above there is a PDF files with very detailed instructions on how perform the update, you just need to follow it. As noted in post #2582 the first file (called main soft) is some firmware (a .bin file). This file has a version check and will throw the error you see if you try to downgrade. The instructions in the PDF says to skip this file if is same version. So for the downgrade you should skip this file. You should also skip it later for the upgrade if it already the same version.
This information is not in the install instructions PDF: If you get error message “USB Error, please try again.” you can ignore it and restart the head unit by holding down the POWER and SCREEN LIGHT buttons together for about 5 seconds until the screen turns off. When it starts again the install will start (it is very slow). See instructions here: h t t p :// w w w .cmdroid.com/firmware

3. Install mike_s permission app

You can download HR-V PERMISSIONS 1.1 S_Mike from h t t p :// w w w .cmdroid.com and go to downloads and install it from there. If you get error message “App not installed” according to post #2577 the solution is to factory reset and enable installation from unknown source. Apps>Settings>Backup & reset>Reset Device>Erease Everything>OK.

To be able to install apps you need to complete this step: In Honda Permission -> Allowed Installation I long-pressed HondaAppCenter_A1.apk, pressed Edit (pencil icon) and changed string in "Sig digest sha256" to PREINSTALL.

4. Upgrade to RC8 (optional).

You can use the files and instruction PDF above to do this. When downgrading RC7->RC6 on my Honda Jazz 2018 I only used the 3rd file. When upgrading RC6->RC8 I used 2nd and 3rd file.

How to install an app you want:

You can install apps from h t t p ://cmdroid.com in the Honda Connect web browser. The apps will be downloaded with filename HondaAppCenter_A1.apk. Make sure you delete the previous download before you download again or the new file will have an additional suffix like HondaAppCenter_A1-1.apk which will cause it to not install.

Another way to install is to find an apk file from eg. apkmirror, then rename the file to HondaAppCenter_A1.apk, put it on an USB stick, and use Apps>Install apk to install it.

For apps to work like you want you may need to adjust their permissions in the Honda permissions app. See h t t p :// w w w .cmdroid.com/videos and h t t p:// w w w.cmdroid.com/tutorials for how to do this.

Other helpful posts:

Gettings volume to work in copliot from steering wheel, post #2794 , #2804
Fix bootloop #2942
Guide for downgrade: #2989

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

There are two different documents specifying which files to use. One of the documents has RHD in its name, the other has LHD in its name. I think it may be for left and right hand drive. Have you checked both these documents? I have only found the LHD document for RC6 but if you google it you may also find the corresponding RHD document for RC6. For RC8 I have found both documents.
@pescatarian2021

Top Liked Posts

OK, some more remarks:
    As I wrote, to run in proper way, it should be the first to start app (with engine on), then connect smartphone.
    I suppose, it is not clear, but ticking all checkbox as "marked" could kill the proper way of working this app.
    It was necessary to uninstall app, check the rest with CClean and install once more.
    After that, sometimes it is normal, that app hang on and nothing you can do with your smartphone.
    But when it starts, it going!
    As I was awaiting, when the ignition is off, also AA is off. As now, I can say, it could not start again (start button is inactive).
    But of course, Google Maps works perfect.
    It was curiously, that saying "OK Google", system (I think) was ready to react, but today it was not to much time to check all these functions.
    Of course, I'm very sorry for my "spam" in this thread ;)
    Glad to know it's working.
    I know there are many things that should be fixed, first of all the management of usb device. But the android version we have really sucks.
    To be honest I've never tested the app with engine off, so I have nothing to say. But have you checked if, with engine off, the phone is in charge? (just to know if the usb port is working).
    The headunit, at least in my HRV, doesn't have microphone so the assistant cannot work. If you say "OK google" and it reacted I think was the smartphone.
    Yes I know, I don't figured it out yet why the app closes on call because when switch to/from rear camera it restores correctly.
    I don't know, but when I check programmatically if the system has microphone, android return false.
    Yes I done that still the same
    Well sorry I am not really sure what may be the issue ^^
    The only time I've had the Install grayed out is when I try to install apps that are for Android 4.1 and above... which of course are not compatible.

But compatible apps do work, I just put them in the root path of my USB, put the USB in and voila I can install (the installer searches them automatically).
    OK, some more remarks:
    As I wrote, to run in proper way, it should be the first to start app (with engine on), then connect smartphone.
    I suppose, it is not clear, but ticking all checkbox as "marked" could kill the proper way of working this app.
    It was necessary to uninstall app, check the rest with CClean and install once more.
    After that, sometimes it is normal, that app hang on and nothing you can do with your smartphone.
    But when it starts, it going!
    As I was awaiting, when the ignition is off, also AA is off. As now, I can say, it could not start again (start button is inactive).
    But of course, Google Maps works perfect.
    It was curiously, that saying "OK Google", system (I think) was ready to react, but today it was not to much time to check all these functions.
    Of course, I'm very sorry for my "spam" in this thread ;)
    Glad to know it's working.
    I know there are many things that should be fixed, first of all the management of usb device. But the android version we have really sucks.
    To be honest I've never tested the app with engine off, so I have nothing to say. But have you checked if, with engine off, the phone is in charge? (just to know if the usb port is working).
    The headunit, at least in my HRV, doesn't have microphone so the assistant cannot work. If you say "OK google" and it reacted I think was the smartphone.
    That's right
    They said, there will be no longer support for older maps.
    Of course, they are joking, that if you would like to use GM still, you should move to newer than 9.64 GM version or Android newer than 4.3.
    And the solution, according to Google statement, is to use GM via internet browser.

EDIT: That's interesting: some minutes ago, when I do restart of the system (in garage), GM starts and seems to work fine. Tomorrow I will check it up on the road, and then write some more.
    Well I tried to give it a try, the web version... and I was happy that my chrome browser can get GM !!!... but only for preview...
    no actual Navigation, as for this it seems we need GM GO app, which only works, wait for it... with android 4.1... so this doesn't seems to be a solution for us :-(
    Yes I know, I don't figured it out yet why the app closes on call because when switch to/from rear camera it restores correctly.
    You can manage with this app (Mike's) many useful other apss from cmdroid.com
    I got Jazz 2016 bought in 2019 from Germany and from two years I use: Google maps 8.4.1 (no voice recognition), Yanosik (Polish navigation app), skytube (playing YouTube films white driving), totalcmd as file manager. Earlier I also installed Waze and Sygic but now these apps I was mentioned above, are better.
    Hello Guys,

Last time I showed you how to install custom application. Now it's time to move on.
    I present you complete solution. Not hardware, but software :)
    I created application which allow you to change process_controls.list and allowed_installations.list direct in your Honda head unit !!
    I note that it works and it has been tested a little in my Honda with android 4.0.4.

I spent some time working on it, so give me some thanks if you use it.
    I don't expect any payments, but if you would like to send me some beers. I will sent you my paypal address by PM.

I tested the application only a little. So it could have some bugs. Use it for your own risk.
    Do full backup (in two formats) before you start changing something, there is option for this. I haven't tested restore option yet. It should work, but I'm not guarantee this.
    I don't know what each flags and options in process control mean. I haven't tested this yet. Maybe someone would like to do some manual?

Warnings:
    1. I'm not responsible for any damage of your head unit. Use it for your own risk.
    2. Don't remove HondaAppCenter_A1.apk from allowed installations, because if something goes wrong you won't be able to install any new applications or new versions.
    3. Be careful with changing version number. If you increase it then updating Honda oryginal applications won't overwrite your changes in process controls.
    If you decrease it then reboot you head unit will overwrite your changes.
    4. Be careful with changing permissions flags in existing packages and applications.
    5. And last be careful when you driving.

Enjoy!!!
    Hello guys,

Firstly I would like to thanks all of you who support me by donations and sending beers ;) Special thanks to CMhonda group for their donation.

Some of you asked me to implement new features to Honda Permissions app. It took me awhile but here it is. New version of Honda Permissions - v 1.1.0

What's new:
    - Added search functionality in Allowed installations and Process Controls list
    - Added copy action in Process Controls list (now you can create new permission by copy settings from another)
    - Now you can save/restore backup files direct to/from usb device (you can choose any path you want)

As always: I'm not responsible for any damage of your head unit. Use it for your own risk.

Enjoy
    Step By Step Tutorial

Ok Here is a Step by Step Tutorial on how I have been able to install any application on my Honda Connect RC7 .

Disclaimer: I am not responsible of any damage this could make to your device. Do it at your own risk. The only thing I know is that it worked fine on my RC7 unit… I hope this could help you to install application on your head unit.

How to check your version :
    Go to the android parameter and click on About this device . You should find Build Number : 0F.095.01.1123. Ok You have the RC7

RfWGzkE.jpg

What you need:
    A – Hardware:
    1/ USB OTG Cable - Female A to Micro A ( https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11604 )
    2/ USB A Male To A Male Cable ( https://www.amazon.com/DTOL-Feet-USB-Male-Cable/dp/B000BSJFFC )
    3/ Screwdriver philips ph00

B – Software:
    1/ iRoot
    2/ Honda Permission from S_Mike

Here is the files I used: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hl4egyh1x49y14r/AABd2cZYYzmh6Mt0MPQcE9Mea?dl=0

Step One: Preparing your computer and the iRoot software.
    Before everything, I have installed the Intel Android Drivers (not sure it is important but …)

A/install iRoot on your Windows computer
    B/Go to the install directory of iRoot ( in my case this is c:\Program File (x86)\iRoot\ )
    C/There you should find a directory ( in my case this is \1.8.9.21144) which contain kinguser.zip
    D1/ Easy Way : Replace it with the one I have included in my dropbox link.
    D2/ Hard Way : edit the kinguser.zip file and replace the kinguser.apk with the application that you want to inject. In this case we want to inject the Honda Permissions application from S_Mike. I have downloaded the one from cmdroid.com that’s why it is HondaAppCenter_A1.apk. Just rename it as kinguser.apk and replace it in the kinguser.zip

Step Two: Connecting the device to your computer

1 – Enable the Developer Option

A/start the device
    B/Press and hold "MENU"+"Day/Night"(Brightness)+"POWER" button (in this order) for about five seconds until the display changes
    C/Select "Detail Information & Setting"

j0lGb87.jpg

D/Select “Functional Setup”

mvlUGT0.jpg

E/Select “Developer Option Enable”

Dn2lrak.jpg

F/Select “On” to enable the developer option menu.

sgQ0fiH.jpg

G/Push Return to come back to the Welcome screen

2 – Enable the USB Debug mode in the developer option Menu

A/Go to the Android settings.
    B/Select Developer Options

6Kep1UA.jpg

C/Tick USB Debugging. ( I have also tick the Stay awake but I don’t think it would change anything…)

tofmTuZ.jpg

3 – Connecting the device to the computer

A/Flip the screen (push the eject button)
    B/Unscrew the 4 screws which hold the screen

KY0FR6B.jpg

C/Get the screen slowly out (it could be tighten but mind the ribbon cable of the screen !)
    D/Hold the screen with one hand and use the other hand get the plastic cache ( just above the ribbon cable) out.

DgCDlEB.jpg

PcUoyc7.jpg

tGojL7j.jpg

E/Use something to support the screen.
    F/ Now that the screen is raised, you can access to the micro USB Type A port.

ZVBLPyh.jpg

G/Plug your cable in that port

1ZI7kxR.jpg

Step Three : Inject the Honda Permission application

A/Start iRoot

WfT1iPI.jpg

B/Plug the cable to your computer and you should see

i32IiNz.jpg

C/Wait until this

uAlML5U.jpg

D/Click on Root

E/Wait ( The sound of your head unit might stop sometimes)

vYRg4f2.jpg

F/Now you should have that screen and your unit should restart.

PVI2C2F.jpg

G/After restart you should find the Honda Permission installed.

Step Four : Installing any application

A/Start Honda Permission
    B/You can Edit the HondaAppcenter_A1.apk (leave your finger on it until the pencil arrives on the top right side of the screen)
    C/replace the “Sig digest sha256” with PREINSTALL value
    This should activate the “HondaAppCenter_A1.apk” BackDoor.

BUT in my case The Install button was still greyed out…

Here is my solution:

A/ Start Honda Permission
    B/Click on the + button in the Allowed Installations menu

Zd4pq2Q.jpg

C/Create a new rule with :
    • APK Name : application.apk
    • Package name:
    • Sig digest sha256 : PREINSTALL

J1QfyfZ.jpg

D/Now you can install any application that you have renamed application.apk.
    Installing app on RC7

Hi everyone,

I have a European Honda Civic Tourer Executive (who cares ?) latest model with a Honda Connect RC7 (0F.095.01.1123).

However (thanks to @sobvan) I have ordered a micro-USB-type-A cable and used a USB Male A to Male A cable to connect it to my computer.

Like sobvan I was able to locate the "allowed_installations.list" file but I wasn’t able to get the root access to modify it.

So I have tried some application to root it ( Kingoroot, SRSroot,…) without any luck…

BUT the latest version of iRoot (iRoot_171024.zip) has been able to inject the Kinguser.apk. The app is working fine but isn’t able to root the unit (Anyway I’m not sure that I was looking for a rooted device).

So I tried to modify iRoot software to inject HondaPermission.apk and it did the trick !

Simply go to your “\Program File (x86)\iRoot\1.8.9.21144” directory.
    You should find a kinguser.zip file.
    Edit this file with winzip or winrar or whatever.
    Remove the kinguser.apk file.
    Rename your HondaPermission.apk to kinguser.apk and copy it in the kinguser.zip of the iRoot directory.
    Now launch iRoot with your device connected (in debug USB mode !).
    Your unit should reboot and then you should find the Honda Permission installed !

Now launch Honda Permission and in “Allowed installation” modify the HondaAppcenter_A1.APK rule (leave your finger on it until the pencil arrives on the top right side of the screen) and replace the “Sig digest sha256” with PREINSTALL value.

And that’s it now you can install applications on the F****ing RC7 version. (I have not tested on the RC8, but it should work)

Big thanks to sobvan who found the port and the iRoot team for their great software.
    Some of you have posted in the past about wanting to mirror their phone to the HU.
    Up to now, no one seems to have achieved it very successfully, if at all.

However, now there's a way. Using TeamViewer.

Install THIS app on the phone (TeamViewer Host for Android)
    If you have a Samsung phone, there's a TeamViewer Host for Samsung HERE

Then install THIS on the Honda HU, renaming the file, obviously, to HondaAppCenter_A1.apk to be able to install it.

Run the Host on the phone and the Remote Control on the HU to connect to the phone. You need to be connected via WiFi Hotspot of course.
    Tilt phone Landscape. You can now see and control phone from HU screen, including running any apps on phone on the HU, even Google Maps.

Working for me so far. Hope this helps anyone interested.