• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Honda Connect Android System

Search This thread

Latinofreaks

Nov 6, 2021
This is not about a specific car model.

Its a thread for the android Honda connect 4.0.4 version.

I recommend you to search and read the thread and look if someone has done it on a jazz equal to your version.

Everything you do on your car is on your hands.. Im not recommending nothing, I'm just asking what steps you've made.

@pescatarian2021

I used the downgrade files from cmdroid. And followed their steps carefully. The files there worked for my crv, even though cmdroid says he doesn't take responsibility for the other car models. But the android 4.0.4/Honda connect system 1 is the same.

So if you want to try make sure you don't turn of your engine during the upgrade. I personally took my car for 10 minute ride around town.

My tip is that you search the thread. Because I think I saw a member Write that he successesfully installed permissions on his Jazz model.

Last edited:

Latinofreaks

Nov 6, 2021
This is not about a specific car model.

Its a thread for the android Honda connect 4.0.4 version.

I recommend you to search and read the thread and look if someone has done it on a jazz equal to your version.

Everything you do on your car is on your hands.. Im not recommending nothing, I'm just asking what steps you've made.

I've been away for some time, after having successfully installed s_mike's Permissions app onto my (then new) Honda Jazz EX 2016 RC3.
Two years later, we were able to return the car to the dealer to cancel our PCP Finance we had on it and go back to a Motability car. Once again, a Honda Jazz EX 2018 model. (Of course! What else!! LOL)

To my shock and disappointment, I was unable to install the Permissions like I used to and it's only thanks to this forum on XDA that I discovered I now had RC7 hence why I was unable to do it.
However, the instructions for the hidden port and iRoot method on page 243 of this thread was very interesting! Thank you SO much for that. My headunit was a flush mounted non-flip screen type and so I was VERY worried about attempting the search for the hidden port, especially since it's a Motability car!
With the help of videos like this one -
- I was able to remove the HU completely, also with help from my son.
Then I had to remove 4 small screws on the back of the unit to remove the screen. Behind that was the USB port, just under the ribbon cable.

I hadn't bought an OTG USB Micro A cable though!!! So I tried a normal USB A to Micro USB, the sort used for phones. It was my Samsung charge cable.
It Worked!! iRoot connected. Rooted. Permissions file now on the unit. Yay!!

Just had to put the car back together and install all the apps I like and use.
Thanks XDA and everyone involved.
@pescatarian2021

Nov 17, 2021
Latinofreaks i think you send me all elements that i need to start a job more complete and with more hope and capacity to find the line of success!

The Matrix show that i have :

RC4:
Kernel 3.1.10, 0C.091.01.0021/1123
RC5:
Kernel 3.1.10,0C.091.01.0021/1123

By the way i haven't now the access to "Info System & Vin car "...simple disappear from Honda Connect System.

This console is an Original Honda Fujitsu

In conclusion once all resumeed information that you send me above ( and i appreciate that too much my friend ) ...and once...im supposed from the Matrix information...im stay in RC4/RC5 ...the S-Mike file should worked (!!!)...but for some reason...not (!!!).

So i think an Upgrade from RC4/RC5 to RC6 like the RC6 Iso file that i see somewhere here in forum in Microsoft Cloud maybe will bem the best way.
Because i will made a "Clean Instalation of RC6 in this unit"

Of course it will be with my own risk but that RC6 file are with some tutorial in the Cloud File and i must read careful.

In conclusion with all your help today...more information now that i have ( God Bless you my friend ) and with more files i will appreciate to back again to this house to give to all my experience.

I know if the Permitions file pass and installed all apk can enter with success.

Now i need to pass that bug one clean instalation maybe.

Final commentary Latinofreaks?

Thanks...thanks...and thanks a lot.

Pescatarian
Portugal

Latinofreaks

Nov 6, 2021
Latinofreaks i think you send me all elements that i need to start a job more complete and with more hope and capacity to find the line of success!

The Matrix show that i have :

RC4:
Kernel 3.1.10, 0C.091.01.0021/1123
RC5:
Kernel 3.1.10,0C.091.01.0021/1123

By the way i haven't now the access to "Info System & Vin car "...simple disappear from Honda Connect System.

This console is an Original Honda Fujitsu

In conclusion once all resumeed information that you send me above ( and i appreciate that too much my friend ) ...and once...im supposed from the Matrix information...im stay in RC4/RC5 ...the S-Mike file should worked (!!!)...but for some reason...not (!!!).

So i think an Upgrade from RC4/RC5 to RC6 like the RC6 Iso file that i see somewhere here in forum in Microsoft Cloud maybe will bem the best way.
Because i will made a "Clean Instalation of RC6 in this unit"

Of course it will be with my own risk but that RC6 file are with some tutorial in the Cloud File and i must read careful.

In conclusion with all your help today...more information now that i have ( God Bless you my friend ) and with more files i will appreciate to back again to this house to give to all my experience.

I know if the Permitions file pass and installed all apk can enter with success.

Now i need to pass that bug one clean instalation maybe.

Final commentary Latinofreaks?

Thanks...thanks...and thanks a lot.

Pescatarian
Portugal
Well, make sure you reset to factory settings before you do anything. And lastly, everytime you try to install an apk you have to only have one apk at the time. Not 2 files with the same file names. Or else your installation will be corrupted or unsuccessful.

Your USB drive has to be formatted fat32. Try to also delete the Aha radio app. And try to install one apk at the time.

Delete all old apks, even the one downloaded inside the Honda connect. And try installing permissions through USB.

If that doesn't work, you can go on and try other methods. Like upgrading etc..

Good luck, I'll be available through this forum. I know the feeling when it doesn't work, so that's why I want to help my friend.

I think you can get the car and android info through the android settings (about/info). Not necessarily on Hondas own interface settings.

Nov 17, 2021
Ok
I played all attentions about that old facts about reset factory...not have 2 files...deleted Aha apk...Fat32...etc...

But i will try all that stages again before to try next level.

And as you recommended after that if nothing changed the possibility of permitions i think must do the next level to Upgrade to RC6 to install a Clean Instalation with the key in ignition and motor of the car ON.

Let's read better all your passed information to me here, and other too, from last your posts and play the operations careful.

I appeciated very much you help my friend

I will be back again here in a few days to post the progress.

Last edited:

selava

Nov 21, 2021
Hi everyone :)
About a week ago, Waze installed on my Civic IX Tourer 2015 started to display "Searching network" and wouldn't connect to hotspot. Waze was running and the arrow (my car) was moving on the map as I was driving. Too bad searching for new destinations wasn't working. This version was installed by me about 2 years ago.

So did all the steps again : factory reset + via browser installed HR-V PERMISSIONS 1.1 S_Mike + deleted from downloads + new process permissions for com.waze + installed Waze 3.9.9 from CMDroid
Now when launching Waze, it's starting initializing and after a couple of minutes I get the error message "Cannot configure service. Please try again later". If I disable hotspot, then Waze would ask for a network to connect.

I got:
Main Soft : 31.00.cb
Android OS : 4.0.4
Linux Kernel : 3.1.10 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.4.3) #2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Dec 6 06:16:56 JST 2014
Build : 01.083.00.0021.ada3s.20141206.055039

Found the link here in the forum with the upgrade versions (Honda_Connect box), but couldn't figure out the RC #. Based on the upgrade PDF for RC6 @ 9) , I suppose I got RC5.
Could you confirm please?

Also, would you have an idea how to solve the issue?
If it is RC5, then I should try upgrading to RC6. But I would do this as last step, if on RC5 it is not possible to fix it. I was wondering maybe Waze killed support for Android 4.0.4.

Thanks in advance for your guidance ;)
selava

cbaciu

Mar 2, 2018
Luxembourg
Hi there, I have the same exact issue, waze used to work fine until 1 week ago, now it is dead, it keeps searching network and then displays the error "Cannot configure service. Please try again later", even if spotify and other radio apps are finding the network connection and are working just fine... it may be an issue with waze, maybe they have decommissioned this old version that we are using?

Norton3

Jan 16, 2021
Polska
Mam wersję oprogramowania RC8 z zainstalowaną aplikacją Honda Permissions. Jak pozbyć się powiadomień o aktualizacjach Honda App Center?

Attachments

• 20211124_120738.jpg
    20211124_120738.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Nov 17, 2021
Well, make sure you reset to factory settings before you do anything. And lastly, everytime you try to install an apk you have to only have one apk at the time. Not 2 files with the same file names. Or else your installation will be corrupted or unsuccessful.

Your USB drive has to be formatted fat32. Try to also delete the Aha radio app. And try to install one apk at the time.

Delete all old apks, even the one downloaded inside the Honda connect. And try installing permissions through USB.

If that doesn't work, you can go on and try other methods. Like upgrading etc..

Good luck, I'll be available through this forum. I know the feeling when it doesn't work, so that's why I want to help my friend.

I think you can get the car and android info through the android settings (about/info). Not necessarily on Hondas own interface settings.
Hello Latinofreaks

All over this week i have been getting informations in papers, pdf and others to get the most complete informations for read the possible upgrade from RC4/RC5 to RC6 and RC6.1.

I promissed to try reboot first and some other simple resets and uninstal all Honda apps from my Honda unit to try again s.mike permitions before othe "radical solution".

I have a document that show the upgrade stages to RC6 and after to RC6.1 that i found in internet and o show you attacked here in this post.

My question is if to upgrade to RC6 this is the right docu and we must do that almost 61 stages for maked that upgrade?

Thsi is a long process that we will need 3 USB pendrives to be reserve with some data before instalation and all manual show us a long stage process to final upgrade.

I have now the RC6 and RC6.1 file but if i understand that file it will the software that it will be used to operation.

But we can't escape to read the all 61 stages of this denominated "Service Bulletin".

Am i right Latinofreaks?

Attachments

• 1637769183763..jpg
    1637769183763..jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Latinofreaks

Nov 6, 2021
Hello Latinofreaks

All over this week i have been getting informations in papers, pdf and others to get the most complete informations for read the possible upgrade from RC4/RC5 to RC6 and RC6.1.

I promissed to try reboot first and some other simple resets and uninstal all Honda apps from my Honda unit to try again s.mike permitions before othe "radical solution".

I have a document that show the upgrade stages to RC6 and after to RC6.1 that i found in internet and o show you attacked here in this post.

My question is if to upgrade to RC6 this is the right docu and we must do that almost 61 stages for maked that upgrade?

Thsi is a long process that we will need 3 USB pendrives to be reserve with some data before instalation and all manual show us a long stage process to final upgrade.

I have now the RC6 and RC6.1 file but if i understand that file it will the software that it will be used to operation.

But we can't escape to read the all 61 stages of this denominated "Service Bulletin".

Am i right Latinofreaks?

Well, I used the cmdroid iso/zip file. It contains the Rc6 firmware. Transfered the zip file to my USB. Plugged it in the car. Pressed power+screen brightness button. It all booted and installed itself. I didn't unpack/unzip anything.

Concerning the "three pendrives". I can't see why we would need three pendrives?!. Maybe they just needed more usbs because of the "Fat 32" system filesize restrictions that is max "4gb". Or maybe they needed separate usbs for navigation maps updates etc... Or my last thought is that It could been used to save personal info phone/radio/photos just for the customer satisfaction. It would have sucked to leave your car for service at Honda, and then loose all your personal information and preferences. My fantasy just goes wild.

The thing is, I didn't need it. I just copied the zip file in one USB-pendrive. (you can actually se three files in the zip) don't unzip them. Just transfer the zip file in to the USB.

The Honda connect installed automatically, so it should mean that they have some form of installprogram that detects the file and filepaths.

So my answer is. Its Your choice. I tried it on my crv and it worked. If we have the same Honda connect version 1. With no "service maintainance schedule" built in, It should work for you to. This should just affect the "android radio". Not the entire car.

So if you want to go for it, do it.... If you don't feel safe enough for it.. Don't do it. It's your choice. Good luck!

Here's a video showing the process:

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2021
Well, I used the cmdroid iso/zip file. It contains the Rc6 firmware. Transfered the zip file to my USB. Plugged it in the car. Pressed power+screen brightness button. It all booted and installed itself. I didn't unpack/unzip anything.

Concerning the "three pendrives". I can't see why we would need three pendrives?!. Maybe they just needed more usbs because of the "Fat 32" system filesize restrictions that is max "4gb". Or maybe they needed separate usbs for navigation maps updates etc... Or my last thought is that It could been used to save personal info phone/radio/photos just for the customer satisfaction. It would have sucked to leave your car for service at Honda, and then loose all your personal information and preferences. My fantasy just goes wild.

The thing is, I didn't need it. I just copied the zip file in one USB-pendrive. (you can actually se three files in the zip) don't unzip them. Just transfer the zip file in to the USB.

The Honda connect installed automatically, so it should mean that they have some form of installprogram that detects the file and filepaths.

So my answer is. Its Your choice. I tried it on my crv and it worked. If we have the same Honda connect version 1. With no "service maintainance schedule" built in, It should work for you to. This should just affect the "android radio". Not the entire car.

So if you want to go for it, do it.... If you don't feel safe enough for it.. Don't do it. It's your choice. Good luck!

Here's a video showing the process:

You are the best my friend.
That video show's exactly my problem with permitions instalation...The option " instalation" can't activate it.
So the video shows that to solve the problem the upgrade was the solution!

Tell me...the file RC6 ISO for downgrade is the same than The RC6 ISO for upgrade?

Right?

MaKi83

Feb 5, 2014
Hello mate. Is the app ready to be released yet? I been looking for something like this for ages. Cheers
Hi,
short anwser: I don't think it's ready to be released.

long answer: the app mostly works but there are some features that are still not available due to Honda Connect customization. For example, microphone (so google assistant), steering wheel buttons, phone call... these don't work. What works quite well is the android auto protocol, so you can use the apps that need only touch screen and audio (maps, youtube music, spotify...).
The experience overall on what work is good but it will never be like the offical app (or other porting) because of the Honda connect android version (4.0.4 is veeeeery old). There is some lag from the input and the response on screen. On top of this there are still many bugs to fix.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I would really like to test this out and (if possible) to help with the development, is the code available somewhere?

Hi all
    Really interested to see how the Android auto aspect of things goes on this would be a phenomenal achievement!

Hello @MaKi83
    how are you?
    I've been looking for a solution for a long time to make android auto work on honda civic headunit. The android version is 4.0.4. Would it be possible to share your app for testing?
    Thank you in advance.

Hi,
    since many of you are requesting to test the app, on next days (weeks) I'll make it public posting here the apk. The current state of bugs is not much different from my previous message.
    Hi all,
    as promised I post here the apk I'm working on, it aims to port android auto on honda headunit.
    It's a port of openauto to make it works on android based headunit, It's currently based on openDsh fork of openauto.

Just few things to keep in mind:
    1. I'm not an Android developer, so there are bugs and it's not the state of art
    2. As told in previous message there are many features that don't work, for example:
      1. the headunit hasn't the microphone so the google assistant doesn't work,
      2. steeringwheel buttons
      3. bluetooth call makes the app to close
      4. the first touch on the screen don't work, from second it's ok
      5. the app is not so responsive, there is always a lag from input and action on screen
    Obviously use it at your own risk, I'm not responsable of any damage or explosion of your car :p

To make it works:
    1. Enable USB debug on smartphone, if you don't do it the device is not recognized correctly.
    2. Start the app and then connect the phone. If the app crashes or if you finish the navigation returning to starting page you have to disconnect and reconnect the phone otherwise you'll receive an error.
    3. When you plug in the phone you should be asked for permission twice, if it don't happen try to remove and reconnect the phone or tap on the usb icon in main activity (you should see all the connected devices, tap on desired device one or more times).
    4. If everithing is ok the Start button should enable

In honda permissions use:
    it.smg.hu as process and package name; NAVI, video out: OFF, SoundOut and LastMode
    Hello Guys,

Last time I showed you how to install custom application. Now it's time to move on.
    I present you complete solution. Not hardware, but software :)
    I created application which allow you to change process_controls.list and allowed_installations.list direct in your Honda head unit !!
    I note that it works and it has been tested a little in my Honda with android 4.0.4.

I spent some time working on it, so give me some thanks if you use it.
    I don't expect any payments, but if you would like to send me some beers. I will sent you my paypal address by PM.

I tested the application only a little. So it could have some bugs. Use it for your own risk.
    Do full backup (in two formats) before you start changing something, there is option for this. I haven't tested restore option yet. It should work, but I'm not guarantee this.
    I don't know what each flags and options in process control mean. I haven't tested this yet. Maybe someone would like to do some manual?

Warnings:
    1. I'm not responsible for any damage of your head unit. Use it for your own risk.
    2. Don't remove HondaAppCenter_A1.apk from allowed installations, because if something goes wrong you won't be able to install any new applications or new versions.
    3. Be careful with changing version number. If you increase it then updating Honda oryginal applications won't overwrite your changes in process controls.
    If you decrease it then reboot you head unit will overwrite your changes.
    4. Be careful with changing permissions flags in existing packages and applications.
    5. And last be careful when you driving.

Enjoy!!!
    Hello guys,

Firstly I would like to thanks all of you who support me by donations and sending beers ;) Special thanks to CMhonda group for their donation.

Some of you asked me to implement new features to Honda Permissions app. It took me awhile but here it is. New version of Honda Permissions - v 1.1.0

What's new:
    - Added search functionality in Allowed installations and Process Controls list
    - Added copy action in Process Controls list (now you can create new permission by copy settings from another)
    - Now you can save/restore backup files direct to/from usb device (you can choose any path you want)

As always: I'm not responsible for any damage of your head unit. Use it for your own risk.

Enjoy
    Step By Step Tutorial

Ok Here is a Step by Step Tutorial on how I have been able to install any application on my Honda Connect RC7 .

Disclaimer: I am not responsible of any damage this could make to your device. Do it at your own risk. The only thing I know is that it worked fine on my RC7 unit… I hope this could help you to install application on your head unit.

How to check your version :
    Go to the android parameter and click on About this device . You should find Build Number : 0F.095.01.1123. Ok You have the RC7

RfWGzkE.jpg

What you need:
    A – Hardware:
    1/ USB OTG Cable - Female A to Micro A ( https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11604 )
    2/ USB A Male To A Male Cable ( https://www.amazon.com/DTOL-Feet-USB-Male-Cable/dp/B000BSJFFC )
    3/ Screwdriver philips ph00

B – Software:
    1/ iRoot
    2/ Honda Permission from S_Mike

Here is the files I used: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hl4egyh1x49y14r/AABd2cZYYzmh6Mt0MPQcE9Mea?dl=0

Step One: Preparing your computer and the iRoot software.
    Before everything, I have installed the Intel Android Drivers (not sure it is important but …)

A/install iRoot on your Windows computer
    B/Go to the install directory of iRoot ( in my case this is c:\Program File (x86)\iRoot\ )
    C/There you should find a directory ( in my case this is \1.8.9.21144) which contain kinguser.zip
    D1/ Easy Way : Replace it with the one I have included in my dropbox link.
    D2/ Hard Way : edit the kinguser.zip file and replace the kinguser.apk with the application that you want to inject. In this case we want to inject the Honda Permissions application from S_Mike. I have downloaded the one from cmdroid.com that’s why it is HondaAppCenter_A1.apk. Just rename it as kinguser.apk and replace it in the kinguser.zip

Step Two: Connecting the device to your computer

1 – Enable the Developer Option

A/start the device
    B/Press and hold "MENU"+"Day/Night"(Brightness)+"POWER" button (in this order) for about five seconds until the display changes
    C/Select "Detail Information & Setting"

j0lGb87.jpg

D/Select “Functional Setup”

mvlUGT0.jpg

E/Select “Developer Option Enable”

Dn2lrak.jpg

F/Select “On” to enable the developer option menu.

sgQ0fiH.jpg

G/Push Return to come back to the Welcome screen

2 – Enable the USB Debug mode in the developer option Menu

A/Go to the Android settings.
    B/Select Developer Options

6Kep1UA.jpg

C/Tick USB Debugging. ( I have also tick the Stay awake but I don’t think it would change anything…)

tofmTuZ.jpg

3 – Connecting the device to the computer

A/Flip the screen (push the eject button)
    B/Unscrew the 4 screws which hold the screen

KY0FR6B.jpg

C/Get the screen slowly out (it could be tighten but mind the ribbon cable of the screen !)
    D/Hold the screen with one hand and use the other hand get the plastic cache ( just above the ribbon cable) out.

DgCDlEB.jpg

PcUoyc7.jpg

tGojL7j.jpg

E/Use something to support the screen.
    F/ Now that the screen is raised, you can access to the micro USB Type A port.

ZVBLPyh.jpg

G/Plug your cable in that port

1ZI7kxR.jpg

Step Three : Inject the Honda Permission application

A/Start iRoot

WfT1iPI.jpg

B/Plug the cable to your computer and you should see

i32IiNz.jpg

C/Wait until this

uAlML5U.jpg

D/Click on Root

E/Wait ( The sound of your head unit might stop sometimes)

vYRg4f2.jpg

F/Now you should have that screen and your unit should restart.

PVI2C2F.jpg

G/After restart you should find the Honda Permission installed.

Step Four : Installing any application

A/Start Honda Permission
    B/You can Edit the HondaAppcenter_A1.apk (leave your finger on it until the pencil arrives on the top right side of the screen)
    C/replace the “Sig digest sha256” with PREINSTALL value
    This should activate the “HondaAppCenter_A1.apk” BackDoor.

BUT in my case The Install button was still greyed out…

Here is my solution:

A/ Start Honda Permission
    B/Click on the + button in the Allowed Installations menu

Zd4pq2Q.jpg

C/Create a new rule with :
    • APK Name : application.apk
    • Package name:
    • Sig digest sha256 : PREINSTALL

J1QfyfZ.jpg

D/Now you can install any application that you have renamed application.apk.
    Installing app on RC7

Hi everyone,

I have a European Honda Civic Tourer Executive (who cares ?) latest model with a Honda Connect RC7 (0F.095.01.1123).

However (thanks to @sobvan) I have ordered a micro-USB-type-A cable and used a USB Male A to Male A cable to connect it to my computer.

Like sobvan I was able to locate the "allowed_installations.list" file but I wasn’t able to get the root access to modify it.

So I have tried some application to root it ( Kingoroot, SRSroot,…) without any luck…

BUT the latest version of iRoot (iRoot_171024.zip) has been able to inject the Kinguser.apk. The app is working fine but isn’t able to root the unit (Anyway I’m not sure that I was looking for a rooted device).

So I tried to modify iRoot software to inject HondaPermission.apk and it did the trick !

Simply go to your “\Program File (x86)\iRoot\1.8.9.21144” directory.
    You should find a kinguser.zip file.
    Edit this file with winzip or winrar or whatever.
    Remove the kinguser.apk file.
    Rename your HondaPermission.apk to kinguser.apk and copy it in the kinguser.zip of the iRoot directory.
    Now launch iRoot with your device connected (in debug USB mode !).
    Your unit should reboot and then you should find the Honda Permission installed !

Now launch Honda Permission and in “Allowed installation” modify the HondaAppcenter_A1.APK rule (leave your finger on it until the pencil arrives on the top right side of the screen) and replace the “Sig digest sha256” with PREINSTALL value.

And that’s it now you can install applications on the F****ing RC7 version. (I have not tested on the RC8, but it should work)

Big thanks to sobvan who found the port and the iRoot team for their great software.
    Some of you have posted in the past about wanting to mirror their phone to the HU.
    Up to now, no one seems to have achieved it very successfully, if at all.

However, now there's a way. Using TeamViewer.

Install THIS app on the phone (TeamViewer Host for Android)
    If you have a Samsung phone, there's a TeamViewer Host for Samsung HERE

Then install THIS on the Honda HU, renaming the file, obviously, to HondaAppCenter_A1.apk to be able to install it.

Run the Host on the phone and the Remote Control on the HU to connect to the phone. You need to be connected via WiFi Hotspot of course.
    Tilt phone Landscape. You can now see and control phone from HU screen, including running any apps on phone on the HU, even Google Maps.

Working for me so far. Hope this helps anyone interested.