Honda Connect Android System

Search This thread

borba0

Feb 9, 2008
Thank you for the lovely reply :)

Honestly im terrible at all this stuff, I will have a read though!

How/what is kerner etc you mentioned? haha.
Sorry.

From my short poke about looks like i need to downgrade from 4.0.4 to RC6?
I will do more digging.
Check here

Or
use your "power" and find needed info via Google (including these post from xda-forum)

Reactions: Zilkapod

Zilkapod

May 16, 2022
Check here

Or
use your "power" and find needed info via Google (including these post from xda-forum)
Thank you mate, I looked alot but sent me in circles, but mainly because i dont understand coding/cars/android stuff so it was hard for me to spot exactly what im after haha. But thank you! I will give this a read

Literally all i know is..
I have a 2016 Civic
It has 4.0.4 android.
I have tried honda hack - doesnt work with my car he refunded me.

I believe I need to downgrade from 404 to RC7?
Thats all i know haha.

Thanks!!

emilic

Mar 15, 2007
Thank you for the lovely reply :)

Honestly im terrible at all this stuff, I will have a read though!

How/what is kerner etc you mentioned? haha.
Sorry.

From my short poke about looks like i need to downgrade from 4.0.4 to RC6?
I will do more digging.
^^
here you go https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/honda-connect-android-system.3179549/page-155#post-83984193
It has all the instructions you need.
But I would 100% check that your Civic player is compatible and if its is listed in the compatibility matrix of the files you will find in that post... You don't want to en up loosing your unit ^^

And just to make things clearer. 4.0.4 is your android version, i think all the RC are in that version...
RC# are just the release versions that Honda came up for their small improvements, they are not changing the android version for our units :-(, although they do state that have some improvements on GPS, etc.

For the mod to work you need to be in RC6, and only then can you update to RC8 (or other, depends on your car)

Zilkapod

May 16, 2022
^^
here you go https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/honda-connect-android-system.3179549/page-155#post-83984193
But I would 100% check that your Civic player is compatible and if its is listed in the compatibility matrix of the files you will find in that post... You don't want to en up loosing your unit ^^

And just to make things clearer. 4.0.4 is your android version, i think all the RC are in that version...
RC# are just the release versions that Honda came up for their small improvements, they are not changing the android version for our units :-(, although they do state that have some improvements on GPS, etc.

For the mod to work you need to be in RC6, and only then can you update to RC8 (or other, depends on your car)
Thank you so much! So kind of you :)
I will read this up and see if i can get my head around it, without ruining my less then a week old bought car hahah :D

Reactions: emilic

Zilkapod

May 16, 2022
^^

Thank you bud for the link!

I managed to get somewhere :)
I installed the Permissions app, Spotify and Waze! Wooo!
Thanks.

Questions I have now are..
The HU has a tiny storage, and spotify uses internet (unless i download songs) and Waze uses internet aswell..
So How/Can I download to a directed storage? I began to download some songs on spotify then realised it'll literally fill up and then some!

Also Waze.. I've heard its amazing! (never used it) - But its internet based? So I'm not exactly going to hotspot everytime I get in my car?

What do people do? Whats the work around?

Many thanks! <3

emilic

Mar 15, 2007
Thank you bud for the link!

I managed to get somewhere :)
I installed the Permissions app, Spotify and Waze! Wooo!
Thanks.

Questions I have now are..
The HU has a tiny storage, and spotify uses internet (unless i download songs) and Waze uses internet aswell..
So How/Can I download to a directed storage? I began to download some songs on spotify then realised it'll literally fill up and then some!

Also Waze.. I've heard its amazing! (never used it) - But its internet based? So I'm not exactly going to hotspot everytime I get in my car?

What do people do? Whats the work around?

Many thanks! <3
Well I do hotspot everytime I get in my car ^^... allows you to use Waze or GM or others...
I have just automated that with the detection of the bluetooth.

emilic

Mar 15, 2007
Hello here,
I've been trying to get root for some time now with my honda center... but I am failing misserably... Has anyone managed to get it?

Now let me clarify, I have gotten a semi "root" from kingroot apk's, but mysteriously I can not mount the system partition... plus the semi "root" disappears after some time, not sure why...
Has anyone been able to confirm root and system mount and maybe even changed from kingroot to SuperSU with RC8 (android 4.0.4)

Thanks

Truckermal

Jan 6, 2014
@Truckermal if you already had Mike's permissions you probably are in rc 6 or an upgrade RC8. If you factory reset an RC8 with Mike's permissions you delete everything and need to do the process again.
OK thanks I factory reset again and formatted my USB and Honda permissions installed but any other App on cmdroid won't install as the button is greyed out! I changed the app name but still the same.

emilic

Mar 15, 2007
OK thanks I factory reset again and formatted my USB and Honda permissions installed but any other App on cmdroid won't install as the button is greyed out! I changed the app name but still the same.
Hello,

So maybe you missed the part of :
To be able to install apps you need to complete this step: In Honda Permission -> Allowed Installation I long-pressed HondaAppCenter_A1.apk, pressed Edit (pencil icon) and changed string in "Sig digest sha256" to PREINSTALL.

you can find the full instructions here :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/honda-connect-android-system.3179549/page-155#post-83984193

Reactions: Truckermal

emilic

Mar 15, 2007
Yes I done that still the same
Well sorry I am not really sure what may be the issue ^^
The only time I've had the Install grayed out is when I try to install apps that are for Android 4.1 and above... which of course are not compatible.

But compatible apps do work, I just put them in the root path of my USB, put the USB in and voila I can install (the installer searches them automatically).

Latinofreaks

Nov 6, 2021
Build number is 02.084.02.1123
RC6: 0E.094.00.0021 or 0E.094.00.1123
RC7: 0F.095.01.0021
RC8: 10.096.00.0021 or 10.096.00.11 23

Compare it to these.

I don't see why you can't install apps. Have you ever been able? Can you install Mike's Permissions?.

Make sure you delete all the previous APKs in the system and on your USB drive. Then try installing through the USB. Or if you download directly from the cmdroid, you have to install the apk, then delete it before downloading another one.

If you want more help you need to give us some more detailed information on your process when trying to install the apps. Send pics of the build nr. Info about Car model... Etc.

Last edited:

borba0

Feb 9, 2008
Build number is 02.084.02.1123
1. Here is something about this version
2. According to your problem: two days at least is needed to read this thread. I have done it some months ago.
3. And, as far as I can well remember, you need:
check RC version (how to - look here https://www.civinfo.com/threads/honda-connect-rc8.410258/)
4. how to downgrade your system (if the problem is in you high numer - 7, 8 or 9 of RC - check here
)

!! READ ALL INSTRUCTION FIRST - this is the most important method not to brick your HondaConnect irreversibly !!

Zilkapod

May 16, 2022
Anyone know much about creating permissions for an app?
I don't really get how to 'target' something.

Like I know com.spotify.music or com.waze
How would I make one for the Snes9ex+ emulator?

Thanks

Latinofreaks

Nov 6, 2021
Anyone know much about creating permissions for an app?
I don't really get how to 'target' something.

Like I know com.spotify.music or com.waze
How would I make one for the Snes9ex+ emulator?

Thanks
I got snes working on my car, Snes9ex+. I use two USB controllers through my USB connections on my crv.

You need to get the packagename of the app. You need to check the appversion you downloaded.

Example:
com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus

Try this one:

Install roms through filemanager of your choice.

I can take a picture of my permissions for snes when I get the chance.

Reactions: Zilkapod

Zilkapod

May 16, 2022
I got snes working on my car, Snes9ex+. I use two USB controllers through my USB connections on my crv.

You need to get the packagename of the app. You need to check the appversion you downloaded.

Example:
com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus

Try this one:

Install roms through filemanager of your choice.

I can take a picture of my permissions for snes when I get the chance.
Thanks mate!
Which version would you suggest getting on that site?

Thanks so much for the reply.

I wanted to install spotify, waze and snes - but ive found spotify is SUPER slow and Waze i need internet connection for... :( . . and i'll have to download all my music offline on spotify,, so not much point in using those apps unless i hotspot everytime i drive, which i really would rather not..

So i guess i'll just use normal garmin maps and snes. :L

borba0

Feb 9, 2008
Thanks mate!

I wanted to install spotify, waze and snes - but ive found spotify is SUPER slow and Waze i need internet connection for... :( . . and i'll have to download all my music offline on spotify,, so not much point in using those apps unless i hotspot everytime i drive, which i really would rather not..

Since I have my Honda Jazz 2016, I bought internet router (cost about 8 euro per month). So, the net is driving with me everythere, even abroad. 100 Gb is the amount, that I cannot use in any situation.

Reactions: Latinofreaks

Latinofreaks

Nov 6, 2021
Thanks mate!

I think I went with the armeabi-v7. But can't remember for sure. Doesn't actually harm anything if you try installing it. It just won't open if it's the wrong version. But I'm pretty sure it's the right one. 🙂

I also use Osmand+ with downloaded maps. I downloaded maps on my phone and then transferred them to the Headunit. It works very well. But the interface isn't as sharp as other GPS. But it does the job offline. It also shows speedsigns and streetsigns in app.

Copilot is a good GPS if you live in Europe. Just turn of the speedlimits. Because they aren't up to date. It works offline too.

The Spotify app is slow, it's easier to use the Bluetooth.

I'm currently using the "android auto" app that was posted further back in this forum. Its not finished. But it works really good once you tweak it a bit. You get Spotify, Google maps, waze etc. In you HU by connecting your phone through USB.

Last edited:

ittim

Aug 10, 2020
I personally dont use Spotify, but I get some intermittent stuttering sometimes.
I think that audio is streamed via bluetooth when using the app so perhaps your phones bandwidth is strained.
I've been reading about android auto with interest despite being on RC8 and not having got around to downgrading yet but I noticed the mention of Audio Stutter with maps. Now when I used Mirror Link with RockScout and Sygic I had exactly the same issue so I don't think its an issue with the Android auto development, more like a resources issue with the head unit perhaps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In makis android auto app. If you go to setting you will se it is set to 60 fps. It's unnecessary, try the 30 fps and I noticed it worked a bit faster with Spotify and in the menu in the android auto app.
    Agreed, this makes the app so much more useable!

I have rigged an old Android and tethered my iPhone to work and the operation works so well. As we know calls come through the original HU but reconnects (at least for me) straight away! @MaKi83 you've done a brilliant job, you really have!

Also side note, the app icon is great too!
    No. This is not your wrong behaviour.
    As far as I can well remember, MaKi93 wrote some days ago, that it is one of the unsolved problem yet.
    Well it doesn't hurt to share permissions. Just to compare.
    Well it doesn't hurt to share permissions. Just to compare.
    You can see mine here>

Although I am not passing audio through the app, I am keeping the bluetooth usage apart to send music, etc.
    Hola colegas, ¿cómo podría usar la aplicación Android Auto junto con audio directo desde bluetooth o fm? con las indicaciones gps y con la música por separado sería un gran logro.
    Hey we try to keep this forum in English ^^

Pero, sigue los permisos que puse en mi post anterior. Son para tener el audio desde bluetooth (creo yo que funcionara tambien para FM) y android auto de forma separada.
    Hi, does anyone one know if its possible to delete the Garmin folder with the maps? Not loading in my Civic and seems to be from corrupt map data. Thanks.
    I deleted it... the app I mean... as I am not using it in my HR-V...
    So you can delete it, no idea how to recover it or solve your issue but I did remove it.
    Hello Guys,

Last time I showed you how to install custom application. Now it's time to move on.
    I present you complete solution. Not hardware, but software :)
    I created application which allow you to change process_controls.list and allowed_installations.list direct in your Honda head unit !!
    I note that it works and it has been tested a little in my Honda with android 4.0.4.

I spent some time working on it, so give me some thanks if you use it.
    I don't expect any payments, but if you would like to send me some beers. I will sent you my paypal address by PM.

I tested the application only a little. So it could have some bugs. Use it for your own risk.
    Do full backup (in two formats) before you start changing something, there is option for this. I haven't tested restore option yet. It should work, but I'm not guarantee this.
    I don't know what each flags and options in process control mean. I haven't tested this yet. Maybe someone would like to do some manual?

Warnings:
    1. I'm not responsible for any damage of your head unit. Use it for your own risk.
    2. Don't remove HondaAppCenter_A1.apk from allowed installations, because if something goes wrong you won't be able to install any new applications or new versions.
    3. Be careful with changing version number. If you increase it then updating Honda oryginal applications won't overwrite your changes in process controls.
    If you decrease it then reboot you head unit will overwrite your changes.
    4. Be careful with changing permissions flags in existing packages and applications.
    5. And last be careful when you driving.

Enjoy!!!
    Hello guys,

Firstly I would like to thanks all of you who support me by donations and sending beers ;) Special thanks to CMhonda group for their donation.

Some of you asked me to implement new features to Honda Permissions app. It took me awhile but here it is. New version of Honda Permissions - v 1.1.0

What's new:
    - Added search functionality in Allowed installations and Process Controls list
    - Added copy action in Process Controls list (now you can create new permission by copy settings from another)
    - Now you can save/restore backup files direct to/from usb device (you can choose any path you want)

As always: I'm not responsible for any damage of your head unit. Use it for your own risk.

Enjoy
    Step By Step Tutorial

Ok Here is a Step by Step Tutorial on how I have been able to install any application on my Honda Connect RC7 .

Disclaimer: I am not responsible of any damage this could make to your device. Do it at your own risk. The only thing I know is that it worked fine on my RC7 unit… I hope this could help you to install application on your head unit.

How to check your version :
    Go to the android parameter and click on About this device . You should find Build Number : 0F.095.01.1123. Ok You have the RC7

RfWGzkE.jpg

What you need:
    A – Hardware:
    1/ USB OTG Cable - Female A to Micro A ( https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11604 )
    2/ USB A Male To A Male Cable ( https://www.amazon.com/DTOL-Feet-USB-Male-Cable/dp/B000BSJFFC )
    3/ Screwdriver philips ph00

B – Software:
    1/ iRoot
    2/ Honda Permission from S_Mike

Here is the files I used: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hl4egyh1x49y14r/AABd2cZYYzmh6Mt0MPQcE9Mea?dl=0

Step One: Preparing your computer and the iRoot software.
    Before everything, I have installed the Intel Android Drivers (not sure it is important but …)

A/install iRoot on your Windows computer
    B/Go to the install directory of iRoot ( in my case this is c:\Program File (x86)\iRoot\ )
    C/There you should find a directory ( in my case this is \1.8.9.21144) which contain kinguser.zip
    D1/ Easy Way : Replace it with the one I have included in my dropbox link.
    D2/ Hard Way : edit the kinguser.zip file and replace the kinguser.apk with the application that you want to inject. In this case we want to inject the Honda Permissions application from S_Mike. I have downloaded the one from cmdroid.com that’s why it is HondaAppCenter_A1.apk. Just rename it as kinguser.apk and replace it in the kinguser.zip

Step Two: Connecting the device to your computer

1 – Enable the Developer Option

A/start the device
    B/Press and hold "MENU"+"Day/Night"(Brightness)+"POWER" button (in this order) for about five seconds until the display changes
    C/Select "Detail Information & Setting"

j0lGb87.jpg

D/Select “Functional Setup”

mvlUGT0.jpg

E/Select “Developer Option Enable”

Dn2lrak.jpg

F/Select “On” to enable the developer option menu.

sgQ0fiH.jpg

G/Push Return to come back to the Welcome screen

2 – Enable the USB Debug mode in the developer option Menu

A/Go to the Android settings.
    B/Select Developer Options

6Kep1UA.jpg

C/Tick USB Debugging. ( I have also tick the Stay awake but I don’t think it would change anything…)

tofmTuZ.jpg

3 – Connecting the device to the computer

A/Flip the screen (push the eject button)
    B/Unscrew the 4 screws which hold the screen

KY0FR6B.jpg

C/Get the screen slowly out (it could be tighten but mind the ribbon cable of the screen !)
    D/Hold the screen with one hand and use the other hand get the plastic cache ( just above the ribbon cable) out.

DgCDlEB.jpg

PcUoyc7.jpg

tGojL7j.jpg

E/Use something to support the screen.
    F/ Now that the screen is raised, you can access to the micro USB Type A port.

ZVBLPyh.jpg

G/Plug your cable in that port

1ZI7kxR.jpg

Step Three : Inject the Honda Permission application

A/Start iRoot

WfT1iPI.jpg

B/Plug the cable to your computer and you should see

i32IiNz.jpg

C/Wait until this

uAlML5U.jpg

D/Click on Root

E/Wait ( The sound of your head unit might stop sometimes)

vYRg4f2.jpg

F/Now you should have that screen and your unit should restart.

PVI2C2F.jpg

G/After restart you should find the Honda Permission installed.

Step Four : Installing any application

A/Start Honda Permission
    B/You can Edit the HondaAppcenter_A1.apk (leave your finger on it until the pencil arrives on the top right side of the screen)
    C/replace the “Sig digest sha256” with PREINSTALL value
    This should activate the “HondaAppCenter_A1.apk” BackDoor.

BUT in my case The Install button was still greyed out…

Here is my solution:

A/ Start Honda Permission
    B/Click on the + button in the Allowed Installations menu

Zd4pq2Q.jpg

C/Create a new rule with :
    • APK Name : application.apk
    • Package name:
    • Sig digest sha256 : PREINSTALL

J1QfyfZ.jpg

D/Now you can install any application that you have renamed application.apk.
    Installing app on RC7

Hi everyone,

I have a European Honda Civic Tourer Executive (who cares ?) latest model with a Honda Connect RC7 (0F.095.01.1123).

However (thanks to @sobvan) I have ordered a micro-USB-type-A cable and used a USB Male A to Male A cable to connect it to my computer.

Like sobvan I was able to locate the "allowed_installations.list" file but I wasn’t able to get the root access to modify it.

So I have tried some application to root it ( Kingoroot, SRSroot,…) without any luck…

BUT the latest version of iRoot (iRoot_171024.zip) has been able to inject the Kinguser.apk. The app is working fine but isn’t able to root the unit (Anyway I’m not sure that I was looking for a rooted device).

So I tried to modify iRoot software to inject HondaPermission.apk and it did the trick !

Simply go to your “\Program File (x86)\iRoot\1.8.9.21144” directory.
    You should find a kinguser.zip file.
    Edit this file with winzip or winrar or whatever.
    Remove the kinguser.apk file.
    Rename your HondaPermission.apk to kinguser.apk and copy it in the kinguser.zip of the iRoot directory.
    Now launch iRoot with your device connected (in debug USB mode !).
    Your unit should reboot and then you should find the Honda Permission installed !

Now launch Honda Permission and in “Allowed installation” modify the HondaAppcenter_A1.APK rule (leave your finger on it until the pencil arrives on the top right side of the screen) and replace the “Sig digest sha256” with PREINSTALL value.

And that’s it now you can install applications on the F****ing RC7 version. (I have not tested on the RC8, but it should work)

Big thanks to sobvan who found the port and the iRoot team for their great software.
    Some of you have posted in the past about wanting to mirror their phone to the HU.
    Up to now, no one seems to have achieved it very successfully, if at all.

However, now there's a way. Using TeamViewer.

Install THIS app on the phone (TeamViewer Host for Android)
    If you have a Samsung phone, there's a TeamViewer Host for Samsung HERE

Then install THIS on the Honda HU, renaming the file, obviously, to HondaAppCenter_A1.apk to be able to install it.

Run the Host on the phone and the Remote Control on the HU to connect to the phone. You need to be connected via WiFi Hotspot of course.
    Tilt phone Landscape. You can now see and control phone from HU screen, including running any apps on phone on the HU, even Google Maps.

Working for me so far. Hope this helps anyone interested.